Ewing Empire Season 6

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Toni, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    "This Is Not The End" continues...

SC.15a: INT./EXT.- PLASTIC SURGERY CLINIC IN DALLAS

(Black screen and title of the scene in white letters: "Charlie". Fade into an aerial shot of a Dallas suburban area. Zoom in to a glass building. Subtitle: "2009". Blurry, close shot of a woman´s eyes. The image becomes clear and pans away. It´s a woman in her thirties: Charlie, the daughter of Jenna Wade and her first husband, Naldo Marchetta. She blinks and puts the mirror down. Suddenly, her cell phone rings. She lets it ring three times and then she answers it)

Charlie: Hello? (She listens, anxiously) Yeah...yeah, I´m ready (she keeps listening). Ok, I´ll be there. Yes, I promised, didn´t I? What else do you want from me, Lucas? (She hangs up nervously. Afterwards, she looks for her purse, and takes something out of it. It´s an old photo of hers, her mother Jenna, her stepfather Ray and her baby half-brother Lucas, taken in front of the hospital, the day the latter was brought home. A tear falls from one of her eyes.) Despite everything, Lucas, you should know better. I´m doing this for you and only for you... (Fade into next scene, a flashback)

SC.15b: SOUTHFORK RANCH, BRADDOCK, TEXAS

(Establishing shot of the ranch with the sunset in the background. Subtitle: "2005". Ray´s truck parks near the main house, and Lucy, Val and Donna come out of it to welcome them. The camera pans up and shows Pam looking through her bedroom window for a minute. Then she joins the family downstairs. The camera takes the subjective POV as Pam gets closer and closer to the newcomers. She takes a deep breath, and forces a smile in her concerned face. Then she walks out.)

Pam (smiling at them): Welcome back to Southfork! (Bob looks at her and calls his two guests, who stand in front of Pam: they are Charlie and Lucas, both of them obviously nervous. Pam embraces Charlie first, and then holds Lucas) I´m so happy to know you, Lucas. Finally. (Val and Donna are also standing by their men)

Lucas: Me too, Pam.

Charlie (cynically): I liked the old house best. Too bad. I´ll go upstairs and rest. Please have Teresa bring me my bags (Pam blinks and then looks back to Bob and frowns. Then everybody goes inside and, when Pam holds Bob´s arm to go in too, she notices that Bob´s leather boots are washed-out)

Pam (whispering to Bob´s ear): What have you been doing with the boots I gifted you last month? (He forces a smile and the camera pans away to focus on his body: then it freezes to black & white image, followed by a high-angle shot ending in his boots. The camera zooms in and then it fades into red, and then out into black).

To Be Continued

• Like Like x 1
  2. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Another trailer for this episode that is about to end. I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed putting all the pieces together. In case you don´t identify the voices, the first one belongs to Pam (arguing with the D.A.), the next are Gary and Val, and then comes Donna with a line that sums up the state the Ewings are in this episode. It´s funny how easily you can find images that fit in your story if you just search a little. This trailer is even giving away a little too much about the mysterious murder that cost one of the Ewing brothers jailtime.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032

SC.15c: INT. - DINER IN WACO, TEXAS

(Establishing shot of Waco and a subtitle: "Three months earlier". Charlie and Lucas are sitting at a table in a humble diner in the town of Waco. It´s afternoon and there hardly are five other people at the place.)

Lucas: I can´t believe you called me for this. Are you kidding me?

Charlie: No I´m not. It´s for real, I have everything planned out.

Lucas (standing up): Sorry, I have to work tonight, I outta be sleeping right now...

Charlie: So this is all you want in life? A lousy job as a night watchman in a drugstore? Answer to me.

Lucas (shaking his head): No, of course not, but I´m not ashamed of having that job. Besides, my flat is not too far and the bus takes me home in the early morning. I don´t need a car, or anything expensive.

Charlie: But do you realize how close we were to be millionaires? Just if Mama had married Bobby when she was released from prison instead of him marrying that nitwit Pam!

Lucas: Past belongs to the past, Charlie. You know I reconsidered last year´s "revenge plot" of yours. I should´ve visited them at Southfork instead of getting a job at the next ranch and spy on them.

Charlie: You know something? You may be my brother but you are an ungrateful brat. Who rescued you from that adoptive family when the father began to hit you? I helped you out of that house and tried to make a living for both of us...

Lucas (looking down): Yes, but that doesn´t give you the right to tell me how to live my life. I´m an adult now and I don´t wanna depend on anybody.

Charlie: That´s ok. That´s why my plan is so perfect for that. Look, I met a guy, a detective who has agreed to help us. He´ll be the link between us and the Ewings...

Lucas: What the hell are you talking about, Charlie?

Charlie (whispering): Simple. Kidnapping.

Lucas (picking up his cowboy hat and walking away): Now I know you are crazy... (Charlie follows him outside and takes his hand to stop him)

Charlie: Please wait, Lucas! It´s a good idea. You know how hard is to me to get a job, any job... (she shows him a scar inside her forearm (Lucas looks at the scar, concerned). And the scars not visible are still worse. But I wanna do this for us to get what we deserve, that´s all. Hear, this guy, Johnny, has done it before and says it´s a sure thing. We just have to be careful and leave the country when we get the money. We can go back to France...

Lucas: Charlie, that´s illegal and we´d hurt the people who cared so much about you and Mama, including my natural father and Ray too.

Charlie: Do you know what these scars are to me, Lucas? They are the daily reminder that it was Mama who died in that car accident in Nice, not me. It was my fault because I was driving the car, not her...I wish I had died instead! (She begins to cry...and turns around, pretending to walk away from him)

Lucas (going after her): Ok, I know I´ll regret it, but I´ll help you, with one condition. Only if nobody gets physically hurt.

Charlie: Ok brother...I´ll introduce you to Johnny, I´m sure you´ll like him (she puts her arm around his shoulder and the camera zooms in to his confused face. Then it fades into the close shot of the man called Johnny, who turns out to be Bobby´s detective John Doe. He is lying on the floor, completely motionless, the blood coming out of his mouth. He´s obviously dead.)

To Be Continued

• Like Like x 1
  4. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Casting notes for the latest scenes (in case you don´t remember who "plays" who):

Jessica Lange is Barbara Southworth Kóvacs
    David Boreanaz is Julian Kóvacs
    Juliette Lewis is (a recast) Charlotte "Charlie" Wade
    Ryan Carnes is Lucas Wade
    and Dominic Purcell is Detective John Doe

• Like Like x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    That was awesome Toni. Great job on your trailer. So creative and I can only imagine how much work that went into finding the right pieces of the cast from other movies/Tv-series to fit into your own Dallas universe. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Thanks a lot Karin! Actually, it´s been quite fast the process of editing them, because I had the ideas for them since the moment I made up the murder storyline 3 years ago. My writer block made me stop then, but I eventually managed to complete it and keep on writing again this year. It´s also fun how many little things the TNT Dallas coincidentally "stole" me, because a lot of them made me think at some point that I had to re-write my stories and made them different, though I have kept everything as I originally intended. Anyway, I have forbidden myself to use any TNT clip for my "Ewing Empire" trailers because I prefer to use my imagination and, hey, because I do have Victoria in it!! (By the way, didn´t she look still so beautiful in these clips from 2000?)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,285
    Love the trailer videos Toni

I love the Murder Mystery Plot line, I wonder which Ewing Brother goes to jail.?

I loved your updates, just like Charlie to get Lucas involved in some criminal stuff.

I love how you put actors faces to the characters especially the new ones. I'm glad you added Jessica Lance she is amazing.

Hope you update again soon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Thanks for your kind words "MM" Jessie. Only 2 more scenes for the end of this episode and then, on to "Star", "Return to Knots Landing" and "The Last Years of Southfork"! "Ewing Empire" will continue next year, someday in January, with whole new stories and minus Gary, Val and Lucy, who will now be on KL...

I almost post the murder flashback a couple of days ago here, but I didn´t like it at all and I´m trying to work it out and make it better. It´s so true that killing a character on the screen is too easy when a murder usually is a very very hard work (fortunately). I hope you all will like the outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    @Mistletoe Mistress Jessie, it´s time to vote for one of them. Who do you think that might be jailed (and wrongly, of course): Bobby, Gary or Ray? I may be posting the "final entries" this weekend!!

PS: I promise to answer all the questions in these 2 entries...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jessie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,285
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Today is the day...Your questions will be answered...Finally. Have a great Christmas holiday all my Soapchat friends!! New (and last) video for this episode...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032

SC.15d: INT. - ABANDONED WAREHOUSE IN LUBBOCK, TEXAS

(Establishing shot of Lubbock and a subtitle: "Three months later". Close shot of a briefcase being opened and showing its content: seemingly it´s full of cash)

Johnny: Are you sure you weren´t followed?

Charlie: Of course! What do you take me for, a fool? We got it, it´s what we wanted, our ticket to a better life...

Johnny (counting the money and taking one pack of dollars out of the briefcase; then he notices something strange): Hey don´t make plans yet babe...There´s only 100.000 bucks here...the rest is blank filler (he shows her the briefcase). I thought you said the guy was reliable, that he cared about you...

Charlie: And he did...I can´t understand why he´s cheated us...We should take this money and run away...together!

Johnny (turning around towards Chris, who is standing behind them): I think not...We said that we wanted one million, and that´s what we´ll get (then he reaches out for a big knife). We´ll tell him that we´re not kidding, they need proofs that we do have Lucas, maybe a finger will be enough (Lucas suddenly looks terrified)...

Lucas: What the hell are you talking about? We´ve already gone too far. I made a mistake when I agreed you took that picture of me...Charlie, do you really want him to go on?

Charlie (confused): Yes, I mean no, Johnny, darling... (she gets close to him and begins to caress his right cheek) My bro is right, this must end right here and now. We got some money so let´s go to Vegas and use it to get a lot more...You said I was your lucky charm... (The song "Gone" by 13 Senses begins to play)

"Nobody suffers like I do
    Nobody else, oh no
    Nobody suffers like I do
    Nobody else but you
    Through this waiting in vain
    All this darkness and pain
    I've been crying for you, now I'm dying
    When this test is at end
    I hope you'll understand
    That you're all that I've got
    Oh darling
    Nobody suffers
    Autumn is here inside my heart
    When there's springtime in the air"​

Johnny (holding the knife in his right hand): Charlotte, you are the one who underrates me. I wanna big money, and your stepfather...and Lucas´s father are multimillionaires. Come on, it won´t hurt too much... (Johnny turns around and then Charlie takes the knife away from his hand. Lucas punches his face but Johnny is much stronger and taller than him. Johnny steps down...) Good try...but you shouldn´t play with the big boys, kid... (Lucas hits him again and Johnny smiles...while his face freezes.) What the...? Charlie...? (Lucas realizes that Johnny has been stabbed by his sister, and takes the knife out of his back, but Charlie stabs him again, and pushes him onward. John Doe´s body falls heavily onto the ground while Lucas stares at her sister...Then they hear noises from the outside and look up: they find Bob, Gary and Ray at the door, shocked to see them in that situation...The song is reprised and the scene ends there. Fade out).

"Nobody suffers like I do
    Nobody else, oh no
    Nobody suffers like I do
    Nobody else but you"

SC.15e: INT.- PLASTIC SURGERY CLINIC IN DALLAS

(Black screen and subtitle: "2008. Present Day." Medium shot of Charlie, looking at the camera. Shot-countershot with Charlie and Pam)

Charlie: Hello...

Pam: Hello Charlotte. How are you feeling?

Charlie: Good. Actually I´ve never felt better...or looked better (Pam is visibly concerned) though I´feeling dead inside... (she begins to cry...Pam gets closer to her and she begins to cry. Pam holds her and she finally lets her pain go...The camera pans away and we see that Lucas is standing behind the two women, repressing his own tears...Fade out).

To Be Continued

Next: The End

• Like Like x 1
  13. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032

SC.16: INT./EXT. - EPILOGUE. DALLAS COUNTY PRISON.

(Aerial shot zooming over the Dallas County Prison and fade into the next scene. The corrections officer hears the inside door being opened and turns around. This time, the camera does show us the face of the character who is being released from prison: his name is Bobby James Ewing. While the officer gives him his personal belongings, we hear a voiceover with Bobby writing a letter to Pam explaining to him what really happened the night Johhny Doe was murdered:

"Dear Pam:

At last, I´ll be coming home tomorrow, but I wanted to tell you the whole truth of that fateful night. You know a few things of that, but not everything. When I was waiting for news in Lubbock, on the Oil Barons´ Ball night, my detective, John Doe, made a big mistake: he said that he understood how worried I was because Lucas was my only child. If you think back and remember Jenna´s trail, I claimed I was Charlie´s father so I could get the kid´s custody while Jenna was in jail. So publicly, everybody thought that I was her father. You didn´t because I told you the truth, and only my family knew that too. Aside from Charlie, so if that guy knew she wasn´t my daughter, it was because he knew her, and probably got her involved in the kidnapping.

Anyway, I knew I needed help so I called Gary and Ray and asked them to give me a hand. But I begged him to give an excuse: we´d go out on a fishing trip to Takapa lake the whole weekend. I told the detective that I needed no longer his services, and, when Gary and Ray arrived, I noticed that Gary had brought 100.000 dollars only, being sure we could work out the situation and rescue them. So we left the money where they told us, and watched who took it from the distance. Ray immediately recognized Charlie. So we followed her and, when we were waiting for the right time to get into the warehouse, we heard Charlie crying and screaming. We had no guns so we had to be careful. When we got inside, we saw the detective´s body bleeding and Lucas and Charlie fighting for the knife. It was clear that he wanted to accept the guilt for his death, though it probably was Charlie who had stabbed Doe.

Charlie was terrified and hysterical, and Lucas also very nervous. We made him some questions and then we asked him to get into Ray´s van. So we made a decision: we´d do anything to protect Charlie and Lucas, though we were sure that it had been an accident. We got rid of the knife after cleaning him carefully, and then we asked Ray to take the kids to the motel. Gary and I had checked out the dead man´s pulse as soon as we came inside. He had died instantly, maybe even before falling onwards, because Charlie had stabbed his heart. Nothing could be done for him, and the police would probably had charged both of them with the crime. We drove back to Southfork. Ray had helped us to put the body over the back of the van, and hushed to us that he knew where we could hide the corpse.

So we left the kids at a nearby motel and drove to the Section 40 of Southfork, now a part of Ray´s lands. He had remembered that there was an old rig that Miss Ellie allowed to open when J.R. mortgaged the ranch in 1980. The rig eventually was never used, and was sealed almost immediately. Now it was covered by bushes and hardly visible. So in the middle of the night, we re-opened the rig, and threw the body inside. It was painful for us, but so much more the though of seeing our kids in jail. We talked about what we had to say if something went wrong, so we made up an "official" version of what happened, so to say. We wanted to keep you all out of this. We didn´t want to make you accessories to anything. We´d say that Charlie and Lucas had called me on Sunday saying that they wanted to paid us a visit. And so the five of us returned on the Sunday afternoon. But you noticed that my brand new boots had been washed up and looked worn out. They had blood stains and I didn´t want to get rid of them, so I took that chance.

You must remember how excited Charlie and Lucas were those days...Now you know why. When a bunch of drunk kids found the body accidentally one night, their fear increased. So did ours. And Ray was arrested by the sheriff when they found out Doe´s identity and began to set up a scenario. But I didn´t want Ray to pay for that, and I delivered myself so Ray could be released right away. Then I called Barbara to be my lawyer, though she was reluctant to agree because of the phony story we were telling her. I finally confessed to her what really happened, and she took the case. But as you know, the Braddock County District Attoney intended to use that case as the last step of his campaign for the Senate. He manipulated everything and everybody to make me look guilty as hell. He faked proofs and caused a lot of pain to Sue Ellen and Ray when they were called to the stand by him. In the end, I was found guilty by the jury, and sentenced to ten years of jailtime.

If it hadn´t been for your trust in me, and your unconditional love and support, I couldn´t have survived to this hell. But you finally got closer to Charlie, and she confessed how her physical scars after the car accident had deeper emotional scars. Nobody better than you, Pam, could understand her pain and low self-esteem. You offered her to pay for her reconstructive surgery, and now, she is starting a new life. You let her choose whether to follow her previous path, or starting over. She decided to tell the new District Attorney what actually happened and my sentence has been commutted. The joint effort of Barbara, Gary, Christopher and you, Pam, has made this possible, because now we can prove that my trial was illegal, and the judge and the D.A. were linked not only by unhidden family links, but also by a mutual political interest. We have this on our side, and we won´t let them put Charlie in jail. We have too many things against both of them, the judge and the D.A.

What you have done for Charlie is priceless. The way you´ve won her heart as if she were your own daughter, is something admirable. I can´t wait to see your beautiful face again. My love, always, Bobby". (The song "Weapon" by Dave Matthews Band begins to play)

"Here by my side, an angel
    Here by my side, the devil
    Never turn your back on me
    Never turn your back on me, again
    Here by my side, it's Heaven"

(The camera shows a long-distance shot of the prison metal door. The door is opened by the prison officer and Bob walks out of there. He stands in the middle of the road and looks a both sides. Nobody is there waiting for him. He turns on the left and walks...Then he looks up and sees a black car that seems familiar to him. He takes his hat off and walks faster towards the crossroad. The car stops by his side and two people get out of it. Christopher comes out of the passenger side and Pamela comes out of the driver´s, which surprises Bob, who mocklingly says...)

Bob: So...from now on, are you gonna be the driver?

Pam (smiling): All the way home... (She walks slowly towards him and kisses him, very passionately. Chris looks at them and gets into the back seat. Bob and Pam keep on kissing as the camera pans away and the song is reprised).

"Careful, be careful
    Careful, be careful
    This is where the world drops off
    Where the world drops off
    Careful, be careful
    You breathe in and you breathe out
    For it ain't so weird
    How it makes you a weapon
    And you give in
    And you give out
    For it ain't so weird
    Never turn your back on it
    Never turn your back on it again

Careful, be careful

END of EPISODE 28

NEXT:

EPISODE 29:

"THERE WILL BE BLOOD"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Correction: The title of the song of Scene 15d is "Suffering" by Jay Jay Johanson, instead of "Gone" by 13 Senses.

Thanks to all of you who have encouraged me to keep on writing this last year. As you can see below, I´ve finally finished the "Dallas Murder Mystery" and it was Bobby who spent 2 years in jail...After the holidays, I´ll answer to all the questions and doubts you can have about it. You can re-read the previous cliffhanger episode in case you want to find the clues to the solution (you can find the episode in the Season 5 thread too, as "The DNA Test"):

Have the best Christmas ever!!

:11:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Did you really think this episode was over? Do you exit the theaters before all the credits roll? Big mistake! Here´s a sort of "deleted scene" that I will use as a "post-credits scene"...

So after the credits roll and the song comes to an end...

"Careful, be careful
    Careful, be careful
    This is where the world drops off
    Where the world drops off
    Careful, be careful
    You breathe in and you breathe out
    For it ain't so weird
    And you give in
    And you give out
    For it ain't so weird
    Never turn your back on it
    Never turn your back on it again

Careful, be careful

POST-CREDITS SCENE: INT. SHANIA WYATT´S APARTMENT IN NEW YORK CITY

(Establishing shot of the N.Y.C. skycrapers. Medium shot of an apartment door being opened by a woman who turns out to be J.R.´s illegitimate daughter Shania. She puts the key in the lock and, before she can turn it, hears someone´s steps coming closer. We see a blonde woman wearing a fur coat. Shania turns her head around and opens her eyes widely.)

Shania: Who-who are you...?

Woman (the camera shows her back only): Oh, I´m sorry I scared you...

Shania: It´s ok...Do I know you?

Woman (looking up at the apartment number): Are you Shania Wyatt?

Shania: Who wants to know?

Woman (smiling wryly): I know you are...Shania, I´ve been waiting so long to meet you...My name is...Serena Wald. And I am...your mother (Shania blinks with a glint of panic in her eyes, and the scene fades out).

REAL END OF THE EPISODE

This is a sort of Christmas present, because I did imagine this mini-scene, as well as many others, but eventually I had to discard a few so I could wrap up the Shania storyline. I hope you liked it!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jessie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,285
    I'm sorry for taking so long to read the updates. Bobby went to jail to protect Charlie and Lucas. Great ending to that episode. I was glad to see Pam, and Christopher waiting for him as he was released from jail. Pam helped Charlie which was nice to see.

Serena Ward is Shania Mother didn't expect that.

I love your writing but you know that already. ❤

• Like Like x 1
  17. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Thanks a lot for your lovely words. Every fanfic needs its readers, and I miss them when I don´t hear from them!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jessie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,285
    I love your stories, and your videos are awesome. Hope to see you write more soon.❤ @Toni

• Like Like x 2
  19. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    The unexpected and sad passing of Jared Martin put me in a dilemma: should I keep his Dusty character in my stories of "Ewing Empire" or should I mention that he died at some point during the 3-year jump between Episodes 1 and 2 of Season 6?

Sue Ellen and Dusty had spent a romantic holiday time in Europe while she researched about the past of JR and Mandy´s alleged daughter Shania. As you who have read it know, she turned out not to be hers, but JR indeed was her father, and his regular lover Serena Wald was her mother.

Then Sue Ellen and Dusty returned to Texas, but I hadn´t specified yet anything about the future of their relationship. So my question to my dear readers is, should I keep him alive as a tribute to Mr. Martin, or should I kill off the character? Thank you in advance.

:best:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    I can't answer your question based on your story as I have no idea what's going on and again your post had a bunch of spoilers for me. Serves me right for peaking into this thread :lolo: Anyway I am still reading your story from the beginning so I wanted to ask you will there be an update of "The Last Years of Southfork" soon?

Also to determine your question I need to know, in which timeline does your story take place?

If it takes place before 2017 I see no reason why Dusty can't remain alive. :)

But I do understand your dilemma as my sister Jenny and I have also been faced with the actors dying since we started writing our story. So far we have not killed off any of the characters even if the actors have passed and right now we are still writing for Miss Ellie, Clayton and JR even though the actors are now gone. It always feels weird to start writing about a character after you know that the actor who portrayed him or her has passed. But after a while that feeling passes and I take comfort in that their characters lives on in their fictional universe even though the actor is gone.

• Like Like x 1