Falcon Crest on iTunes

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Alexis, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,407
    In my quest to get the complete series I have noticed that up to season 4 has been released on US iTunes. Does anyone know if there are any plans to release the rest of the show that way? I would even buy it that way if the DVDs are no longer coming. They should also do that with Knots Landing too!

I had thought that up to season 4 was released on DVD, now I can only find up to season 3.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,460
    I don't know anything about any plans to release it on dvd but I do know that up to season 6 at least was on Dailymotion (not sure if it still is). Although a handful of episodes were missing, but very few. I can certainly understand you not wanting to start it knowing that you wouldn't be able to finish but weighing it up I would just go ahead and jump in. Because the first 3/4 seasons are the best anyway and being the 80's soap fan that you are you really can't afford not to see them. It's 4 seasons of soapy fabulousness that just shouldn't be missed, even if you can't watch the series till in the end. You'd love it. And I'm sure we'd all enjoy hearing your thoughts on it.

Incidentally @Ome recently reviewed the whole series. Not sure what format he has it in or how easy it is to share something of that size these days but maybe if you asked him nicely?!? Also, between itunes and dailymotion you might only need the last few seasons.

• Winner Winner x 5
  3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,407
    I have seen the first 2 seasons but I watched them in awful quality on Dailymotion. Sometimes even on my phone. :eek:
    I would love to watch it properly in good quality. I think I'm going to buy seasons that are already released and try and somehow get season 4 from US iTunes.
    I was going to buy Melrose Place season 5, but I think I'd rather have Falcon Crest.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,889
    Sacrilege!:( Those first 3 seasons have such a beautiful atmoshpere.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,644
    Right, only seasons 1-3 are on DVD. Season 4 is on iTunes and Amazon, if you prefer.

I do wish they'd make the rest of the seasons available, even if only on iTunes/Amazon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,038
    According to www.falconcrest.org the picture re-mastering to enable a DVD release of season 4 is suffering on going delays, crowd funding was even on the table last year, to expedite the process. Understandably this option was not economically viable. The best we can hope for is a continued release on iTUNES and nothing official as been said, as regards this. Alas the brakes look to be firmly on the DVDs.

Angela and Chao-Li are in the winery, to meet Cole, (a scene from season 5, 1985-86):

Angela: "I don't like to be kept waiting..!!!!!"

Cole: "I was busy with the shifts...If I'd known you were here you'd still be waiting."

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,407
    So I bought season 1 on DVD and I'll buy 2 and 3 in the next few weeks I'm sure.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +345
    I hope you enjoy......if you have the time it would be interesting if you could post your thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +386
    It is win win for Dallas and Dynasty on the DVDs but Falcon Crest and Knots Landing are like the forgotten shows, primarily due to poor sales. An unfortunate situation every way, in my thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  10. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I’m currently in an old soap mood having just finished Dynasty and I’m doing Knots Landing again. I got so excited to see Falcon Crest on Amazon Prime and I’m okay with them charging for it, but only four seasons?! How disappointing. I keep checking back to see if they’ll add more and they haven’t so I haven’t bought any yet. Tempted to get a bootleg set.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    Season 5 is the Apollonia season isn't it? Might have to do with music clearance...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Yes that is and she was surprisingly good. I would’ve kept her. I’m tempted to just buy what they have because those first four seasons were my favorite, especially season four.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,889
    Oh the irony.