Father Chris - Left Too Soon

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Angela Channing, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,326
    I really liked the idea of Angela having a second grandson who could be a rival to Lance and it was a shame that the Father Chris storyline was wrapped up so quickly and he left back to the Church never to be seen again.

When Cole left the series and the producers brought in Dan Fix as a kind of replacement for him, would it have been more interesting if they brought Chris back, even if they had to recast the role? There would have been so much more mileage in plots exploring the dynamic between Angela, Lance and Chris and also between Lance, Chris and Melissa, in a way that could never have happened with Dan Fix as he was never a real threat or rival to Lance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,486
    The duration for Fr. Chris was indeed too limited. I don't know what could have been done with him in season six and beyond, other than what you suggested i.e. the prominent goody versus baddy, as in Lance. Would he have remained a priest or would Angela with her Vatican contacts have fast tracked him to become the U.S.A. Tuscany Valley's first Cardinal. A wild idea, I know.

Melissa is attending Angela's engagement party (Mrs. Channing is tying the knot with Greek billionaire Peter Stavros). Angela excuses herself to go and have a word with her neighbouring vintner, (a scene from season 5, 1985 - '86):

Angela: "Melissa! I see that you and Father Christopher are getting along quite well."

Melissa: "Yes. It's hard to imagine that he is your grandson."

Angela: "You keep your claws out of him."

Melissa looks surprised.

Angela: "Well now, don't look so shocked. I've seen that faraway look in your eyes before."

Melissa: "You're dreaming Angela."

Angela: "I hope I am. I certainly hope I am."

3. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +329
    I wanted him to resign from Church and become Angela's heir at Falcon Crest. However, under Melissa's influence, he would have become darker and darker, to the point that Lance would have looked like a saint in comparison. Even Angela would have been afraid about his transformation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,924
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    upload_2019-1-16_23-5-9.jpeg

My dear Ken Olin could do dark if he had to...​

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,522
    Exactly. He still would've been written out, but he would've been written out because he genuinely would be disgusted over what he had become.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1