Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Willie Oleson, Aug 15, 2018.
After the weekend it's going to be the Falcon Crest cliffhangers.
Ok, thanks for the warning. I'm just putting the finishing touches to my list.
1. SO3E03 - The Wedding
Cecil's death ushers in a new era and makes Alexis a force to be reckoned with in her war against Blake.
2. S03E04 – The Will
Alexis is left dumbfounded when she comes face to face with her first born son who went missing all those years ago.
3. S01E13 – The Separation
Ted's death at the hands of Blake paves the way for Alexis' arrival and means everything is about to change forever.
4. S03E14 – Madness
The posion apple doesn't fall too far from the tree and Alexis is in for a nasty shock when she finds out Adam has been poisoning Jeff, and that he's gonna blame her if she doesn't cooperate.
5. S02E09 – The Psychiatrist
Blake and Alexis kiss in Rome and Krystle and Nick kiss back in Denver. Could this be the end of the line for the golden couple? Could the forces of evil be about to triumph? Sadly no, but it was fun to think they might.
6. S07E13 – The Rig
Kind of like Cane and Abel fight during a Bond movie climax. Will Ben leave Blake to die as the oil rig explodes?
7. S02E02 – The Verdict
Trouble is here to stay.
8. S01E05 - The Dinner Party
Krystle gives Fallon a telling off but is not prepared for her response. Fallon repeats word for word the conversation she heard between her and Matthew. Could Blake and Krystle's marriage be finished already?
9. S02E05 - Reconciliation
"The subject's name is Mrs. Blake Carrington, formerly known as Krystle Grant. I want to know everything about her, everything".
10. S02E20 – The Shakedown
Alexis is not going to take being rejected lying down, oh no, oh NO.
I'm not sure why but I really like this freeze frame.
1. Sorry not sure of episode title. From 88-89 season, where fallon realised that she shot rodger grimes. I thought that was an amazing scene, quiet moving and original. Really well done. I so enjoyed that storyline.
2. Alexis and Blake in Singapore almost reuniting 86-87 season
3. Season 2 - the phychiatrist. Blake was so much more interesting with Alexis than Krystle
4. Krystle and Alexis last scene together
5. Alexis married Cecil and he has a heart attack
I think it's episode 21 (Blasts From The Past), the one before the last episode.
1. "The Titans"
Jeff sees Fallon and Miles arrive at the house and then they drive away and he runs after her.
2. "The Verdict"
Alexis moves into the studio.
3. Krystina collapses on her rocking horse
4. "the Rifle"
Alexis takes a bullet for Blake during the governor race
5. "The wedding"
Cecil dies after Alexis has married him
Oh yeah I agree with you. they were great together and should have been reunited properly on the show at some point. Missed opportunity!
Soapchat's favourite Dynasty cliffhangers:
S01 E13 - The Separation
S02 E02 - The Verdict
S03 E03 - The Wedding
S03 E04 - The Will
S02 E09 - The Psychiatrist
Do you have 10 (or less) favourite cliffhangers?
I'm not sure if it's a favourite cliffhanger. But the image of Maggie stuck in that swimming pool with her wedding ring immediately comes to mind.
Also Melissa setting Falcon Crest on fire. So I guess those two are the most memorable ones for me.
I'm going to opt for five.
1) 'The Avenger' - season 3: An emotional reconciliation between Julia and Angela concludes with the springhouse in flames, with Julia presumably still inside.
2) 'Troubled Waters' - season 2: Carlo Agretti gets hit over the head. Cole finds his dead body.
3) 'The Price of Freedom' - season 9: Maggie drowns, in Richard's swimming pool. Richard collapses in grief.
4) 'Retribution' - season 4: The curtain comes down on the cartel. Gustav and Renee are both buried along with the jewels / artefacts, when the tunnel caves in.
5) 'Dead End' - season 7: The Gioberti castle is blown up. Three important characters happen to be in the property; Angela, Maggie and Richard.
Maggie's wake is taking place, at the Falcon Crest mansion. Angela is standing with Chao-Li in the foyer, (a scene from season 9, 1989 - '90):
Angela: "Richard wait! It is amazing how death can shake even the firmest resolve. Richard come here."
Mother and son embrace.
Richard: "What am I going to do?"
Angela: "You're gonna survive!"
1. The Avenger (S03E27) - Julia dies in the spring house fire while the Channings and Giobertis watch helplessly. Probably the saddest scene in all the prime time soaps.
2. The Good, The Bad and The Profane (S01E16) - Melissa tells Lance after they marry that she is pregnant with someone else's child and stuffs some wedding cake in his mouth so he can't respond.
3. The Price of Freedom - (S09E01) - Maggie drowns in the swimming pool and Richard is told the news.
4. United We Stand (S02E11) - Jacqueline gives Richard his birth certificate and reveals to him and Chase that she is his mother.
5. Shadows - (S04E04) - Julia, who at this point is thought to be dead, appears to Emma in the Falcon Crest vineyard at night.
6. The Return - (S09E20) - Angela returns after being away for almost all the entire final season and immediately starts conspiring with Michael Sharpe from their parked cars to stop Richard's wedding. It was so good to see her back on the show.
7. Conspiracy - (S03E03) - Dr Lantry hints that he is going to kill Chase and will implicate Angela.
8. The Arrival - (S02E02) - Richard's first meeting with Angela and his new family doesn't go well and he vows to get them all back (stabbing a knife in a chair for good measure).
9. The Intruder - (S04E07) - A unknown Italian woman appears at Falcon Crest saying she is Francesca Gioberti and she hugs as shocked Angela.
10. The Naked Truth - (S05E09) - At a party to welcome Peter to Falcon Crest, Angela tells the assembled guests that Cole is the father of Robin's baby.
1. S03 E25 - Win, Place And Show
"I have to bury my mother".
Tension grows as Julia approaches Tuscany Valley - and her target.
2. S06 E01 - Aftershocks
"This is Skylar Kimball…"
It seems strange to list this as #2 because in this scene we hardly know Skylar or Kit Marlowe.
But it's the prospect of an impostor story that excites me no end.
3. S02 E19 - The Odyssey
Not only does Angela discover Henri Denault's connection with the Third Reich, it also plants a deliciously misleading clue regarding the murder of Carlo Agretti.
4. S03 E10 - Double Dealing
Richard Channing gets a warning from The Cartel, and it's not a horse head.
5. S06 E22 - Nowhere To Run
We discover that crazy Melissa has Chase and Maggie's baby. OMG.
6. S02 E11 - United We Stand
"Here, your birth certificate"
Not a big surprise to the viewer - who else could have been Richard's mother? - but the big question is: how are Chase and Richard going to handle this?
7. S03 E19 - The Aftermath
A classic soap staple, but I was seriously worried what would happen to Maggie, and what it was that caused her to fall down the stairs.
8. S04 E27 - ...And The Fall
(image taken from @Ome's wonderful and sometimes hilarious review of Finding Falcon Crest)
Lorraine Prescott also takes a nasty tumble, and this looks pretty serious (and it was).
9. S05 E04- Echoes
"Sweet dreams, Angela" hahahahahaaa
To be honest, I was more concerned about the beautiful mansion.
10. S03 E18 - Changing Times
Crash! Soap divas screaming. Shamelessly copied from DYNASTY, but Melissa actually lost her baby.
1. The Avenger S03E27
Julia dies (or does she?) in one of soaps most tragic endings (or is it?)
2. Little Boy Blue S03E21
Angela at her most tyrannical and one of Falcon Crest's most moving scenes.
3. Divided We Fall S02E12
Richard drops a bombshell and let's everyone know which one of you bitches is his mother (or is she?)
4. And the fall S04E27
Tragedy strike yet again as Lorraine never makes it to meet Lance at the harbour but instead falls to her death (or does she? yeah...she does)
5. The Good, The Bad and The Profane S01E16
Melissa has a very special surprise for Lance on their wedding day.
6. The Arrival S02E02
The battle lines are drawn in the first of many showdowns between Angela and Richard.
7. For Better For Worse SO3E26
Joseph's grandma drops by to take him out for ice cream/Joseph is kidnapped by a crazed murderer dressed as a nun.
8. Echos S05E04
"Pleasant dreams Angela"
9. Going Once, Going Twice S04E11
Francesca sells her share of Falcon Crest to Richard making him, Angela and Chase equal partners.
10. Troubled Waters S03E02
A meeting at the New Globe is interrupted with a phone call. Carlo is dead and Cole has been charged with his murder.
Oops, you're right.
I re-checked it, but not because I don't trust you.
This nearly made it onto my list. It's actually hilarious, and the kind of black humour that FC does really well. She has such a big smile on her face as she says it.
Right. Plus the fact that it's Kim Novak who is the imposter. Oh, it's all so Hitchcockian!
I'm pretty sure it's 'Echoes"
ha! We posted at the same time. See, you need to learn to trust me Willie.
I feel I need to explain to the Falcon Crest fans why THE AVENGER is not on my list.
It is one of my favourite episodes, and it also shows the endless possibilities of the soap genre. Who would have thought that such an outrageous storyline would end in such a genuinely dramatic way?
The sky is the limit, except if there's a UFO in it.
But since there's a sense of conclusion it doesn't feel like a set up for a new twist. As it turned out, it was - first the plane crash and then Julia's return.
It's for this very reason that I didn't vote for DYNASTY's baby on the rooftop, since we already found out in the same episode that the baby was just a doll.
But I know you are going to forgive me
Separate names with a comma.