Filming Locations

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by micmic, May 26, 2018.

1. micmic

micmic Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +218
    • 1761 Potrero Road, Hidden Valley, Thousand Oaks, California, USA (exteriors: Galveston Ranch)
    • 1801 Avenue of the Stars, Century City, Los Angeles, California, USA (establishing shots: Mack's office)
    • 400 South Hope Street, Los Angeles, California, USA (establishing shots: Sumner Group)
    • Adamson House - 23200 W. Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, California, USA (Abby's Santa Barbara house)
    • Balboa Blvd, Granada Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA (street scenes)
    • Burton W. Chace Park - 13650 Mindano Way, Marina del Rey, California, USA (exteriors: Lotus Point Marina)
    • Crenshaw Ford - 5311 Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, California, USA (exteriors: Knots Landings Motors)
    • Crystalaire Place, Granada Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA (exteriors: Seaview Circle)
    • El Tovar Apartments - 603 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, California, USA (establishing shots: Ciji's Apartment)
    • Granville Towers - 1424 North Crescent Heights Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA (establishing shots: Paige's condo)
    • Hummingbird Nest Ranch - 2940 Kuehner Drive, Simi Valley, California, USA (Greg Sumner's ranch)
    • Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios - 10202 W. Washington Blvd., Culver City, California, USA
    • Salishan Spa and Golf Resort - 7760 Highway 101 North, Gleneden Beach, Oregon, USA (establishing shots and some early location shots: Point Lotus)
    • Salishan Spa and Golf Resort - 7760 Highway 101 North, Gleneden Beach, Oregon, USA (establishing shots and some early location shots: Lotus Point)
    • Sandstone Horse Sales - 1666 Hidden Valley Road, Thousand Oaks, California, USA (exteriors: Westfork Ranch)
    • Torrance Beach - Early beach shots
    • Haunted House - 3 sisters - 1366 East Palm Street in Altadena.
    • Abby Kidnapped / Karen got shot cliffhanger - Fairmont Mirmar, Santa Monica
    • The Church where Cathy & Joshua got married - 1100 Avenue 64 in Pasadena
    • Dr. Ackerman's Bridge game / Suicide scene - Hyatt Westlake Plaza
    Anything else?
    (from imdb, iamnotastalker, previous posts)

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,329
    I know the Knollwood Country Club in Granada Hills (in the same neighborhood as Crystallaire Place) was often a go-to location for exteriors set at Lotus Point--places like tennis courts, parking lots, etc. of that country club stood in for LP. The offices of Knollwood Realty (in that same neighborhood) were used as the setting for Warren Southland Realty (the real estate company Scooter owned and Laura worked for). The Balian Market (a real supermarket in that area of town) was used for the scenes where Jean Hackney stalked Val, Lilimae, and the twins, but they didn't obscure or change the signs of the business when they filmed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. cheaproberts

cheaproberts Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15
    @mimic great job! I'm looking for the filming location for the hotel/motel where Val stays when she leaves Gary at the beginning of season 4. it's called "bates motel"(probably not the real name) , by the sea .can't find it anywhere

4. micmic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +218
    I think I might have run into it.. check the comments on the iamnotastalker or imdb on the episodes where it was featured (if you need imdb pro I still have the trial, just send me the links)

5. cheaproberts

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15
  6. micmic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +218
    I checked and it didn't have anything useful, just the MGM stage.

7. cheaproberts

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15
    @mimic I'm so happy I finally found!!!!!!! it's the former casa Malibu inn 22752 Pacific Coast Hwy
    Malibu, CA 90265. now it doesn't look the same, but glad I found some pictures !!!!

fullsizeoutput_1cdf.jpeg o.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. micmic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Wow! Where did you find it?

9. cheaproberts

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15
    i made screencaptures of the scene where Lilimae drives on the road ti the motel and there 's a sign "Malibu" probably a restaurant or coffee shop and I searched it with google maps and the motel is just across the street!!! I would be a great detective lol

• Like Like x 1