Final scenes with Victoria Principal.......

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by TJames03, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    The reaction from fans would be swift and painful I'm afraid. Already burnt by the explanation for Bobby's return I don't think another dream scenario - just to get Pam (Victoria) back - would have saved Dallas anyway. Many (me included) would have rolled our eyes and changed the channel on the remote.

Many argue the departure of Pam (Victoria) was the final straw for Dallas and I agree. As stated above;

Bobby's death was just what Dallas needed. A seismic shift in how the Ewing family and others were going to react it. I couldn't wait for the next season. I'm sure most viewers had considered the same thing after just witnessing the death of a favourite character.

The season return of Dallas after the death of Bobby should have seen the series go down a darker path. Instead of that constant winning smile of JR I would have preferred to see the JR of old. A cold-hearted bastard hell bent on destroying the Barnes family once and for all. Hell I wouldn't have cared if it meant he WAS somehow responsible for Pam's death since Victoria had announced she was leaving and NOT coming back. Not directly responsible otherwise JR would have been up for murder charges but somehow one of his delicious schemes backfired, resulting in her death.

2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    She did say it was the exclamation mark on her exit from Dallas. What the producers decided after this was on their head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I can’t stand the line in “Swan Song” where Bobby casually announces to Pam, “Lucy got married today. To Mitch Cooper. Again.” Lucy not even bothering to tell Pam about this herself, let alone not inviting Pam to the wedding, rang false to me.

Pam’s indifferent reaction of “Oh?”, when Bobby tells her the news, isn’t much better.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +508
    Yes, agreed. Pam and Lucy were always close from the end of the second episode of the show up to Pam leaving Southfork late in Season 6 DVD. I can understand Pam and Lucy perhaps losing touch a bit once Pam left Southfork, as friends and family in real life can lose touch at times without really intending to, but I don't get the indifferent "Oh?" from Pam in Swansong. That bit should have been redone with Pam showing more interest and enthusiasm. I do wonder, as Lucy was being written out of the show while Charlene Tilton wanted to stay, if her departure had anything to do with that scene?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Top Jimmy

Top Jimmy Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +142

I agree with you both. Pam should have shown more interest and enthusiasm and asked Bobby a question or two on how their second marriage came about.

• Agree Agree x 1