Final scenes with Victoria Principal.......

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by TJames03, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,681
    The reaction from fans would be swift and painful I'm afraid. Already burnt by the explanation for Bobby's return I don't think another dream scenario - just to get Pam (Victoria) back - would have saved Dallas anyway. Many (me included) would have rolled our eyes and changed the channel on the remote.

Many argue the departure of Pam (Victoria) was the final straw for Dallas and I agree. As stated above;

Bobby's death was just what Dallas needed. A seismic shift in how the Ewing family and others were going to react it. I couldn't wait for the next season. I'm sure most viewers had considered the same thing after just witnessing the death of a favourite character.

The season return of Dallas after the death of Bobby should have seen the series go down a darker path. Instead of that constant winning smile of JR I would have preferred to see the JR of old. A cold-hearted bastard hell bent on destroying the Barnes family once and for all. Hell I wouldn't have cared if it meant he WAS somehow responsible for Pam's death since Victoria had announced she was leaving and NOT coming back. Not directly responsible otherwise JR would have been up for murder charges but somehow one of his delicious schemes backfired, resulting in her death.

2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,681
    She did say it was the exclamation mark on her exit from Dallas. What the producers decided after this was on their head.