Finding Falcon Crest (for the first time)

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Ome, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    I SO LOVE the beginning of that episode, with that great, intense music. Some things of S9 are pure magic and imo a lot better than many of the previous seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,011
    I lost my way during season 8. I know they've changed it around quite a bit, for whatever reasons I don't know, but whoever was behind it gets the thumbs up from me.

3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,011
    S9E17 Vigil

They’ve really created some great characters this season and the stories have been much more enjoyable that I haven’t missed the absent character as much as I thought I would. I have to keep reminding myself that this is Falcon Crest.

Good stuff, Lance & Pilar going to Richard in hope of finding out who was behind the car accident.

I think Richard is starting to piece it all together, more-so when he talks to Genele about the set-up.

[​IMG]
    “Michael assumed that Danny was the enemy”

I think Michael made the right decision to operate on Danny, then again I don’t really know what the risks are, and even more important I ain’t no doctor.

I didn’t realise Richard knew Anne

[​IMG]
    “Did you know Richard well 20 years ago or what he was like?”

Apparently not, he was just one of Michael’s business partners.

Now Michael knows that Lance & Richard are investigating him over this ‘accident’

Lance and Richard have the guy who tampered with the car, pity they haven’t seen the other guy, the one in the car that’s just a few yards down the isolated road.

[​IMG]

Turns out everything will be okay for Danny.

S9E18 Dark Streets

Woah! I’ve just realised Frank & Emma are missing from the titles… Is it really over for them too?

We really have lost so much and yet it’s been a very exciting season despite all that.

Danny is home with a shaved head

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    “Keep it as a good luck charm”

It’s refreshing to see Michael smile and appreciating what he has.

Pilar is going on the streets and doesn’t she look stunning?

[​IMG]

Ha! Lance was the tramp causing Pilar to meet that woman

[​IMG]

Pilar has a place to stay, as long as she doesn’t mind sleeping on the floor.

This is great, Michael is still in the front having now found out that Pilar is dressed up and living on the streets, working her way to Johnny.

Richard & Michael having two conversations at the dinner party was fun, I almost didn’t want Lauren or Anne coming into the room to see what else Richard & Michael would throw at each other.

[​IMG]
    “The only joke around here, is Michael Sharpe pretending to be a family man”

The episode ended on a high when Richard gave the nod to Michael that he has Johnny.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +448
    Sydney is such a wee beauty and made a nice couple with Danny but he had such a ego. Anne reminds me of Maggie, in some ways.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,011
    S9E19 Crimes of the Past

The scenes with Michael training always remind me of Robert De Niro training in the move CAPE FEAR.

Richard has named his condition to Michael with Michael accepting he will sign over the business, I’m not confident Michael will give up that easily.

[​IMG]
    “I’m not going to give him Falcon Crest, not in 24 hours, not in a million years”

Now I’m starting think he will lose whatever he decides.

Anne is leaving

[​IMG]
    “No you’re not, you’re staying here with me”

I guess he didn’t really perform all that well through the night.

Lance & Pilar get ambushed, but managed to hide Johnny, so all is going well, well as long as they find Johnny, he jumped out of the car.

Richard still seems to be in control, Michael obviously believe they still have Johnny.

Brilliant, even though Michael wanted to see Johnny, he still caved in and signed it over.

I’m surprised they kicked Danny out of Falcon Crest, I know he’s Michael’s son, but I always got the impression he was on their side and that Lance had started to trust him.

Michael is still proud of Danny and he seems to have forgotten about the million dollar bond.

Wow, just bloody wow! Johnny has just shown up at Michael’s place telling Anne that Michael is going to kill him.

[​IMG]
    “Here I am”

[​IMG]
    “Are you telling me that Michael had you tamper with the car Danny was in?”

What the….?

What in hell just happened…

[​IMG]
    “Danny is not your child, he’s Richard Channing’s”

Bleeding hell, that was epic!

S9E20 The Return

It’s good to see Richard taking on life rather than someone or something else.

Lauren is asking Richard why he has brought her to Falcon Crest

[​IMG]
    “This is the house we are going to live in after we get married”

Pilar & Lance are not happy about Richard’s plans

[​IMG]
    “I knew we shouldn’t have trusted him”

Why? He’s got you back where you wanted to be and you’re rid of Michael completely.

The revelation about Danny is breaking Michael’s world

The gossip with Michael is getting good

[​IMG]
    “Michael said he wasn’t Danny’s father?

Michael has kicked Danny out of his house, what a tool.

[​IMG]
    “Danny said it’s like I’m no longer his son”

Lance & Pilar visit Angela, but she’s not in her bed and the title of this episode has me extremely excited……

[​IMG]
    “Angela Channing checked out over a week ago”

O-M-G!!!!

She’s baaaaaaack….

[​IMG]
    “Welcome”

Come on Lauren, stop dropping hints and tell Richard he is Danny’s father.

Genele is trying to revive the old Michael and I hope she succeeds

[​IMG]
    “Come back to life, be angry again, find a war”

I friggin’ loved the scene where Angela & Michael were chatting out of the car windows.

[​IMG]

“We have something in common. To see that wedding never takes place”

• Like Like x 6
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,011
    S9E21 Danny's Song

Poor Danny

[​IMG]
    “All I ever wanted to do was make you proud of me

You’re better having Richard as your father Danny.

Finally!!

[​IMG]
    “Are you saying that this is my father?”

It really is great seeing Angela back in the house.

This is really terrible with Danny, neither Michael or Richard wants anything to do with him, I really can’t figure which direction this will go in.

Oh Danny Boy

[​IMG]

O-M-G

He did it!!!

[​IMG]

Urgh!! He didn’t.

I was just thinking how awesome it was to have a suicide like this at the end of a series.

[​IMG]
    “Wouldn’t it be funny, if you tried to grab me and save me and we all went tumbling?”

Okay, they talked him down and that was a really nice touch in how they did it.

S9E22 Home Again

This is it, the finale of everything I’ve been watching this past 12 months.

Gutted to see no Emma in the opening titles.

Angela isn’t happy that Michael & Richard are starting to get along, but I think Michael has other plans, using his son’s problems as an excuse for the pipes of peace between him & Richard

[​IMG]
    “You mean Richard’s son is having some problems”

It’s all very nicey, nicey with Michael, Danny & Genele.

It looks like Richard is settling down too

[​IMG]
    “For the first time in my life, I really think I’m gonna be here for a long time”

I realise Angela is making life hell for Richard with the Business and all these callers, but where is the Richard we all know? The one who would say “Take a message” or “Deal with it Lance, I’m on the other phone”

Lance & Pilar are planning to leave Falcon Crest and now she’s pregnant, it’s their perfect ending.

Now with Angela likely to chase Richard off and Lance leaving, Maggie has gone, she will be all along in this big house. That’s quite a powerful ending.

Lauren is really getting deep with Richard and how his life is like a battlefield. I like the way this is going.

Maybe Angela will be on her own, just as Richard will be on his own.

Richard & Angela are haggling over Falcon Crest, she is even willing to give him a fair deal

[​IMG]
    “I want it all. Falcon Crest is mine”

Go on Richard, just give in to her and go start a new life with Lauren.

[​IMG]
    “Maybe there is another way”

Angela managed to make a deal with Lance to keep him at Falcon Crest, not sure how Pilar will react to this.

The ending was both emotional and a perfect fitting to close the. A few brief notes one who is where and the final note being all about the land. I loved it.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,271
    As much as I love Angela Channing, I felt the show had legs without her and then she shows up in a scene like that one and I realised just how much I missed her.

Absolutely loved the final scene, a real tribute to all the seasons of the show and to the fans. Jane Wyman also looked stunning in that dress, especially considering she wasn't in great health when it was filmed.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,994
    Congratulations Ome! Although it certainly varies in tone and quality it is a pretty wild ride from start to finish. Ruthless in it's culling of main characters and with some of soap craziest story lines ever. From mind controlled assassins to split personality sluts to ninjas, Falcon Crest had it all. But when it was good it was so damn good.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,011
    It was a wonderful scene and yes, it also had me realising how much I had missed her
    It certainly was and some of the best cliff-hangers I've seen on a series. I'm very grateful that I got to watch it and meets some fantastic actors along the way.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,271
    I've enjoyed reading your episode summaries. I'm glad you finally got to watch Falcon Crest and now appreciate why so many people loved Angela Channing and the series. I think it's underappreciated and slightly forgotten when compared to Dallas and Dynasty, especially in the UK, which is a shame because Falcon Crest was such a great series.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +484
    I hope Ome that you continue with other posts on the forum, as this thread as been very enjoyable. Angela just had to come back, didn't she? To finish the show without her would have been like ending Dallas (1978 - 1991) with JR not there. "A toast to you Falcon Crest and long may you live!"

• Like Like x 6
  12. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,371
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    :dance::party: :spinning::danc:

Congratulations @Ome! You´ve finally got your Falconcrester card!!

upload_2017-1-25_20-42-42.png
    Now you can have all the privileges of any FC fan, notably a 24-hour psychological attention online to try to work out the problems you will undoubtedly face in the future, after watching the whole series, especially the nightmares about sinister cartels, exploding houses and the Season 9 new cast stalking you at home.

In case this service is not enough for you, you can also call another number, a hotline where you will be sweet-talked by all the FC bitches from Hell, like Terry, Erin Jones, Diana Hunter, Pamela Lynch, Monica de Nuit, Meredith Braxton, Genele Ericson, and last but not least (better said first!), the bitch of all bitches Jacqueline Perrault. Anytime, at day or night, these girls will attend you with the best possible taste...

[​IMG]

"Oh Ome, quel homme!!
    (Thing to do tomorrow: buy Mr. Clean...)"​

• Like Like x 6
  13. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    After being at the centre of nearly all FC battles Angela came back to almost create a sense of peace, at the finish. Credit goes to Jane Wyman for defying her doctor’s orders and sending the show off, with dignity. A show which gave edge of the seat cliff-hangers with Jane’s oration well and truly signalling it’s all over.

A meeting is taking place, in the mansion, which sees Angela reclaim Falcon Crest. In attendance are; Lance, Pilar, Richard, Lauren, Angela, Chao-Li and three lawyers, (a scene from the final episode, season 9, 1989 – ‘90):

Angela’s lawyer: “I have to warn you all, one last time, that what you are doing may seem like an expedient solution now but it may result in some family squabbles, down the line.”

Angela laughs and says, “So what’s new?”

Angela’s lawyer: “I’m just trying to avoid any problems that may arise in the future.”

Angela: “What ever problems come up in the future will be handled in the future. It’s all in the family.”

Angela’s lawyer: “Then I guess that’s it.” He then passes a document over to Richard’s lawyer, for the ownership to transfer. “Congratulations Angela, Falcon Crest is yours again!”

Angela: “It always was. Did anyone ever doubt it?”

Chao-Li arrives with several glasses of white wine, on a sliver platter.

Angela: “Oh Chao-Li your timing is perfect. Thank you! You know we have other things to celebrate, besides this agreement. The lawyers tell me that Frank is going to be released from jail, in a couple of weeks and this morning I got a letter from Emma. She’s coming back to the valley this summer and she’s going to bring her baby daughter with her, named Angela. Isn’t that sweet?”

Lance: “I’d like to raise my glass and toast to Falcon Crest and to the children.”

Everyone toasts and Angela says; “Well now I think we have a wedding to prepare.”

• Like Like x 5
  14. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    Ome did you ever watch the unaired ‘The Vintage Years’ T.V. pilot? YouTube shows it. The FC predecessor is old fashioned but interesting nonetheless.

Angela and Chase (as played by Clu Gulager) are in the winery. They are discussing the future, (a scene from ‘The Vintage Years’, 1981):

Angela: “Even I can’t keep going on forever. Someone has to take over in time.”

Chase: “What about Lance? I thought you had chosen Lance.”

Angela: “That’s my mistake!” She then speaks to one of the winery workers. “I want those cabernet barrels topped today!”

Angela: “Chase I want your son. I want him consumed with this land and everything that it produces. Now I’m beholding to no one in this world but I would be in your debt if you could grant me this favour.”

Chase: “Sorry Angie but no……

• Like Like x 4
  15. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,011
    No, I don't recognise the title.

I'm off to do some digging. :byebye:

• Like Like x 6
  16. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,724
    Oh, that episode where Terry apologizes to everyone and tells Lance she hates herself for sleeping with him was so great. Johnson gives a marvelous performance throughout. And what to say about that great ending scene in which Melissa gives her baby (who is being ridiculously cute) to Cole? I mean, I have zero idea why she has to do this, but Ana Alicia gives a tour-de-force breakdown. Most interestingly, even Angela almost starts crying, and that really got me. Does Falcon Crest ever get more epic than this?

• Like Like x 7
  17. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +448
    Jane Wyman got a Golden Globe in the year season three was shown and the scene with Joseph shows just how worthy the old Hollywood star was of the award. Her co-stars of course cannot be forgotten.

• Like Like x 3
  18. JROG

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,724
    Susan Sullivan is doing amazing work as she loses her eyesight and is taken into surgery to remove her tumor. She always delivers. What would FC be without her as an emotional cornerstone?

I'm glad Melissa can't stay away from Joseph. For some reason, I believed it when Lance said he was sad she'd given Joseph up.

I wish they'd give Cole more to do and get rid of Linda. It's ridiculous what a non-entity she is, but Billy Moses is really good, when given the material.

How outrageous that Pamela gets kidnapped at least once an episode for many episodes in a row. lol

Julia, an insane murderess, is on the loose, but nobody even mentions her until that great moment where Angela sees Emma's back and mistakes her for Julia. But when Lance answers the phone and it's Julia, they sorta have a casual convo as if this is not a crazy killer hiding somewhere... You gotta love Falcon Crest sometimes. lol

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. JROG

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,724
    Angela in church? Say it ain't so!

Chase and Maggie's "I love you" "I love you" "Love you" "Love you" was really sweet. Only those two could pull that off.

Pamela gets kidnapped for the 25th time this season. I think maybe Tuscanny life is not for her.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  20. JROG

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,724
    I love the structure of the season. Just as Maggie's tumor storyline ends, Richard's racetrack story comes to a climax, and when that's done, we're on to Julia's attempt to murder Angela.

The whole Philip/Angela marriage did happen very fast, but I'm there for the ride.

How thrilling to have Julia running around in a nun's outfit, trying to kill Angela at the church and failing, trying to kill Angela at the house and failing again, only to end up taking Joseph and running off? I mean, it's completely bonkers, but you can't take your eyes off it!

• Like Like x 3