1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Finding Falcon Crest (for the first time)

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Ome, Sep 17, 2016.

1. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,731
    Julia's death episode was such a stunner. From all the hostage scenes to some really beautiful emotional moments. "I was a businesswoman before it became fashionable" has got to be one of the most brilliant lines ever written for this show. And those final moments of Angela telling Julia she loves her before it all goes up in flames were very emotionally affecting.

I don't completely believe that Julia's gone-gone (don't tell me!), especially since they mentioned that well, but it was a fitting ending.

The finale episode is a bit of a letdown after all the craziness immediately before it. Suddenly, the drama consists entirely of scenes all about who's going on a damn plane. And Cole's been acting like an idiot out of nowhere.

That being said, Cole and Melissa kissing outside the manor was hot and the plane crash was well done. A good cliffhanger. I'm sad Season 3 is over. I got a feeling it doesn't get better than this.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    I love the score they used for that final moments and how they used a variation of the same tune again for the opening of the final episode. It's all so heartbreaking. :oops:

Will he follow her inside? What do you think? Looks like he was kind of struggeling with himself in that final moment... :D

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. JROG

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,731
    Ooooh, I didn't notice that. I will have to go back and check it out.

I like to think that he did go in, but this is Cole, so he probably did the noble thing. That's the great thing about this, it's unpredictable.

I'm hoping Linda dies so poor Cole can be with a woman that's not brain dead and finally gets a story worth something.

• Like Like x 3
  4. JROG

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,731
    Also, did I notice a look between Maggie and Richard that lingered on just a second too long?... Say it ain't so!... :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    Maggie and Richard? No way! :mo:

:innocent:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +438
    The episode in the spring house was oh so sad. One of the most emotional in the entire series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JROG

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,731
    I'd never seen a Season 9 episode before, and tonight I became too curious to resist. I picked episode 6, "God of the Grape" at random and... I loved it. There's no doubt that it's fascinatingly bizarre and almost shockingly different than what I'm used to so far, but I also thought it was tightly plotted, scripted, and very well acted. Charlie swooping in and using Emma to run Falcon Crest is such a stroke of genius. Very soapy. The insane Bacchus party made me wonder why this wasn't a yearly FC tradition. And that final scene with Angela's 'awakening.' Just really, really good.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Charley and Ian were like fish out of water, though in a strange way Charley was appealing. He was like the Johnny Rotten of season nine.

9. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +654
    That ninth-and-final-season (1989-90) title track (and the title sequence as well)-- what did you think of that?