Fire at the Carrington mansion

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Richard Channing, Jun 4, 2019.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,979
    Medals:
    Maybe they could have a Salem Witch Trial inspired party and the mansion catches fire while they're re-enacting the witches being burnt at the stake, leaving Alexis in peril in Dynasty's final cliffhanger ever?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Great minds think alike, I've also thought that there should have been a corpse floating in that pool.

What if Claudia is lurking in the bushes watching the catfight? During the fight Amanda strikes her head and goes under the water. Sammy Jo tries to save her to no avail. She pulls her lifeless body out of the pool and tries to resuscitate her but she doesn't know CPR. Claudia startles Sammy Jo when she says (from the shadows) "I'm pretty sure she's dead". Amanda asks Claudia to help her (meaning help revive the dead Amanda) but Claudia tells her "you don't need my help, you need a good lawyer". Sammy Jo insists Amanda's death was not deliberate but Claudia tells her "convince a jury of that". Sammy Jo pleads desperately with Claudia "Clay will be back any second, you have to help me!" Claudia looks at Sammy Jo and arches an eyebrow. End scene... until next season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,234
    Medals:
    I want Sammy Jo to think that she's killed Amanda (a fatal blow to her head or something) but only after Amanda's body has been discovered.

Furthermore, instead of shipping off Caress back to Caracas (Caress in Caracas, really:rolleyes:) I want her to be with Alexis in the season 6 finale. I'd even let her throw some of Blake's "junk" over the balcony.
    But, being the sneaky snake that she is, she overhears Ben phone call and follows him to the roadhouse - which makes her the witness that could end the storyline.

Blake thinks that Ben will help him with some shady business to shadily outfox Alexis' shady oil leases business (blablabla, you know the drill) and indeed, that's exactly what Ben offers him.
    But I don't want the cookie-cutter Gimme Money Gimme Power blackmail, it's going to be the Indecent Proposal before it became a 90s cult hit.
    "One night with Krystle, that's all I ask of you".
    Just because Ben is a despicable and vile person, and he wants to humiliate his brother.
    Blake becomes outraged and a fight ensues.

Caress returns to the mansion before Ben catches her, only to be welcomed by the mansion ablaze!
    Thankfully the staircase is still fairly unscathed, and Caress spots Alexis half-unconscious (from inhaling smoke) on the landing.
    There's the dramatic moment of hesitation (those hateful sisters) but then she exclaims "oh, for heaven's sake!" and rescues Alexis.

While Caress drags Alexis off the staircase, Ben also returns to the mansion, and eventhough he has no idea what's going he immediately understands the potential of it all.
    He pretends he's coming from another part of the house (the kitchen, for example) "I guess the smoke caused me to faint and fall", explaining his slight wounds caused by Blake.
    It doesn't take long before the estate is crowded with people - firemen (all very sexy), police, ambulance and the news papers.
    "He did this!" Alexis screams, still leaning against Caress. *sound of snapshots*
    "Who, Mrs Colby?"
    "Blake Carrington! Look at my house..oh my god!"

2 episodes later Krystle would ask the desk clerk for yesterday's paper. Something's bugging her. She looks at the picture taken shortly after the fire, and then she sees it.
    Alexis is wearing a nightgown but Caress is fully dressed, including a fabulous fur coat.
    She starts to think out loud: "What would I do if I woke up in the middle of the night, surrounded by flames? Let's see...my hair and make-up *check*, my most beautiful diamonds *check* and yes, of course, my biggest fur coat. Phew! I thought there was an important clue in that picture but she was just being a good Dynasty bitch like me".

Caress starts to blackmail Ben (she's all about Gimme! Gimme! Money Money) and Sammy Jo is approached by the skinny, nerdy, ugly La Mirage desk clerk - the one she's insulted so outrageously because she thought he was spying on her (he was).
    "If it happens again, you're toast! Now get out of my sight you nasty little weasel!"
    Most of the staff was working at the party, but he just happened to spot her going inside completely soaked.
    "It probably meant nothing, but considering the circumstances of Ms Carrington's death...maybe I should...tell the police? What do you think?"
    Sammy Jo starts to cry when he kisses her neck.
    Btw, Amanda was killed by Clay, he's Dynasty's version of Zac Efron's version of "Extremely Handsome And Shockingly Sexy".
    Steven discovers this a moment before Sammy Jo is going to say "I do" to ugly nerdy clerk. Phew!

Ben visits Blake in jail. "You know I'm innocent, dammit!", Blake shouts at him.
    "Well (Ben smirks his evil smirk) the offer still stands. The same one, that is".
    Krystle decides to "buy" Ben's testimony, and there will be real Ben & Krystle sex, too raunchy for US audiences.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,979
    Medals:
    But can we pre-lewder this catfight with Sammy Jo having interrupted a classical song performance by Amanda with her trashy club/pop chart hit "I Wanna Be Nasty ('N Trashy)"? Instead of fighting over Claywood, or whatever his name was. Hence also enchancing the press interest in Amanda's demise.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,234
    Medals:
    That's it. I'm gonna call the police.

Btw, Blake could accuse Alexis of killing Amanda. Just to spite her.
    Alexis' reaction: How dare you, you abhorent arsenic arsonist!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    Poor Amanda. Everyone around here wants to kill her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    You inspired me: Krystle looks back over yesterday's paper, and notices the same thing about Caress. She remembers hearing testimony that Caress was at the mansion that night too. So she sweetly invites Miss Morrell to have drinks with her at the Carlton.

There, Krystle shows Caress the photo. At first, Caress doesn't know what the blonde means by this, until Krystle says, still sweetly, "What would *I* do if I woke up in the middle of the night, surrounded by flames? Make certain my hair is properly coiffed? Perfectly apply my makeup? Put on my most beautiful diamonds? Adorn my biggest fur coat?"

"Krystle, I really don't-"

"Cut the crap, *Cassie*. You weren't at the mansion all night. You were out somewhere, weren't you?"

"Well, even if I was-"

"Why would you say you were at the house when you weren't? There's only one obvious answer: you're covering for somebody."

"...My, my, Alexis was right. You *are* paranoid-"

"Do you see those men over there, at the table on the other side of the room?"

Caress turns to look. There's a group of swarthy-looking men, all big and tough. And with them is none other than Zach Powers, who raises a toast at her.

Krystle goes on: "Just one nod from me, and they'll ship you back off to that prison - for the rest of your life. Now tell me, where were you that night?"

Caress stares in horror at the steel-eyed blonde, before sagging, knowing she's been defeated. She reveals exactly where she was and who/what she saw. Krystle is livid that Caress was willing to let Blake rot in jail just so she could get a big fat paycheck, and even says she ought to have Caress shipped off back to that prison after all... but she won't, as she still needs Caress to testify. Krystle shakes her head at Zach, who hands over a check to the men, who get up and leave.

Just as Caress sighs in relief, Krystle leans forward and says, "Don't think about trying to skip town. Those men are only leaving the room. They'll be keeping an eye on you until this is all over."

• Like Like x 1
  8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,234
    Medals:
    So, we've re-created a good season 6 finale and a good season 7 premiere!
    But it's never difficult with Dynasty because all the good ingredients are already there. All you need to do is switch 'n swap a little, and voila: the Dynasty that was meant to be.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    I'd still keep Amanda alive - or, to be more specific, I wouldn't fire Catherine Oxenberg. I'd give her the raise she asked for... or at the very least offer a compromise. Whatever keeps her around so Amanda and Fallon can have the glorious sisterly rivalry that was denied us all so long ago... :lol: Boy, I'm so melodramatic at times.

But I do like the idea of Sammy Jo being prosecuted over Amanda... maybe instead, Amanda is found merely unconscious in the pool, and because there were witnesses to the poolfight, Sammy Jo gets accused of attempted murder. Heck, imagine Alexis howling for SJ's blood, while Krystle stands for her niece. Amanda could wake up after maybe 10 episodes and finally reveal that after Sammy Jo left, she, Amanda, was ambushed by somebody else... now the question is, who?

Duchess Elena? That would work, as it would mean a witness would see Amanda struggling with a blonde woman in a red evening dress, implicating Sammy Jo.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,372
    Medals:
    It's so true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Grant Jennings

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +827
    If there's a fire at the mansion, there is no fire at La Mirage. Instead, this happened:

The day of Dominique and Garrett's engagement party we see a pair of gloved hands holding a syringe. We see the syringe being injected into the corks of several champagne bottles. As the camera pulls back, we see a sign by the bottles: "Reserved for Deveraux party".

The night of the party Blake and Krystle each grab a flute of champagne from one of the waiters' trays but they receive Gerard's call beckoning them back to the mansion before they drink. Adam (who is holding a rocks glass) notices Jackie with a flute in her hand and asks "aren't you too young to be drinking?" Jackie reminds Adam that it's her parents' engagement party, he replies "okay, but just one glass". Steven (who isn't drinking anything) approaches Amanda who is at the far end of the room watching Sammy Jo and Clay dance. Steven questions Amanda about her pensive mood, she downs the rest of her drink, grabs another and walks off.

Claudia attends the party, walks over to Dominique and Garrett and congratulates them on their engagement. She raises her glass and she and Garret drink to the betrothed couple's happiness. After Claudia steps away, Dominique confronts Garrett about "Jessica" and splashes her drink in his face. Sammy Jo walks out to the pool and empties both of the flutes she is holding (which is what was filmed). Jackie is the first person to appear to be ill. Adam thinks she simply isn't used to drinking alcohol until he sees several other guests take ill.

In season seven Blake goes to La Mirage while Krystle, Krystina, Jeanette and Gerard go to The Carlton. Thorpe confronts Blake about his dead wife. We learn a waiter grabbed "the first bottle of champagne I saw" when the Thorpes wanted to celebrate their engagement. Mrs. Thorpe drank champagne but Mr. Thorpe "can't stand the stuff". I'd keep the rest of the Thorpe storyline from season seven.

Amanda nearly drowns and has to be resuscitated. She spits up water and vomits the champagne. The catfight actually saved her life. Dominique is frantic as Garrett and Jackie are both placed on gurneys in the parking lot. Garrett begs Dominique for her forgiveness before dying. Jackie is seriously ill and taken to the hospital. Adam is trying to assist EMTs when he discovers Steven seated on the floor sobbing, in his arms is Claudia's lifeless body. Michael Culhane does not return.

Claudia has a funeral - on screen. Adam and Steven argue at the funeral. Alexis insinuates Blake's mismanagement placed the La Mirage guests in danger. Surveillance video reveals Claudia poisoned the champagne.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,372
    Medals:
    Who's Garrett?

13. Grant Jennings

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Does this refresh your memory?
    White Bread Mayo 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +403
    Compelling argument.

upload_2019-6-10_23-21-9.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +687
    Medals:
    I love it!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    Oooh, I really like this! A catfight serves as a way to *save* a person/character! What a unique reason! :D

Good. Never liked Garrett, he should have died.

So it was like a murder/suicide attempt on her part, huh? Nice! What a great way of having her try to get back at everyone! It actually makes her look more intelligent and cunning, instead of just all, "Liars... liars... LIARSSSSSS!"

Plus, I must congratulate you for all the different excuses you gave the guests to not get poisoned: Blake, Krystle, Steven, Dominique and Sammy Jo simply didn't drink it, each for different reasons, while Adam simply had a different kind of drink. Amanda, Garrett, Jackie and Claudia do drink, but only Garrett and Claudia die. Amanda vomits up the champagne thanks to nearly drowning, while Jackie, probably not having drunk her entire glass, only gets ill and must be carted off for a few episodes.

17. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    I'd have Jackie place a hand on her hip and say, "And who are you to give me orders?"

"It wasn't an order. Just a recommendation."

"Oh. That's different. Very well then, I shall take it. Thank you, cousin," she adds with a teasing smirk, holding up her flute.

"You're welcome, cousin," Adam replies, equally teasing, and the two of them toast before taking sips from their respective glasses.

18. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +687
    Medals:
    A script like this would out of the range of Dynasty producers———it actually makes sense.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,372
    Medals:
    Although they'd be four years apart: 1986 and the 1990 finale.

I like the idea that DYNASTY started out with a REBECCA-like vibe in S1 and then ends with a REBECCA-like fire.

Perhaps Judith Anderson could be involved in some way --- in lieu of playing Joseph's mother, I've always cast her as a Fallmont/Colby/MoldavianRoyalMother triple threat combo who knows Everything. Kind of like the families' Jacqueline Perrault you just can't kill.

------------

With nephew Jason, in happier times:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +403
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1