From Francesca to Carly.

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Gioberti84, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +506
    Starting with season 4 some long lost family members appeared in the vineyards. Season 5 added two from memory and then a few in the next years. Who provided the most enjoyment, whether their stay was short or long?

A) Francesca Gioberti - season # 4
    B) Charlotte Pershing - season # 4
    C) Robin Agretti - season # 4
    D) Paul Hartford - season # 4
    E) Lorraine Prescott - season # 4
    F) Anna Rossini - season # 4
    G) Father Christopher Rossini - season # 5
    H) Li-Ying Chi-Lee - season # 5
    I) Syklar Kimball / Kit Marlowe - season # 6
    J) Frank Agretti - season # 7
    K) Carly Fixx - season # 7
    L) Anna Cellini - season # 8

• Like Like x 5
  2. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,366
    FALCON CREST must have had the highest quantity of long lost relatives showing up, amongst the 80's super shows. If I was to choose a top three they would be as follows:

1) Francesca - The Gioberti sister knowbody alive knew about. Her presence meant FC had to be split three ways and eventually when she sold her share there were further humorous times, on the horizon. Three Tuscany Valleyites Angela, Chase and Richard had to come together for the greater good, to battle the cartel.

2) Fr. Chris - Nun Julia's estranged priest son shook up the residents of the wine country, when he appeared in season 5. Life would probably never have been comfortable for him had he stayed around because Lance was the resident heir in waiting. After considering leaving the priesthood he decided against this option, despite Melissa wanting to be with him. He sadly was never mentioned again.

3) Lorraine - Richard's nice step daughter who soon fell for Lance, in more ways than one. Kate Vernon's character was easy on the eye, into the bargain.

Francesca Gioberti's vineyard in Italy is suffering from 'Black Rot'. This is the vineyard Falcon Crest had grown from. She has a plan to turn things around, America beckons, (a scene from season 4, 1984 - '85):

Francesca: "........ This vineyard has lived for more than 200 years. I will do whatever must be done to make it alive again."

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +467
    Lorraine was such a sweetie. I don't know though if she would have lasted beyond one season but it would have interesting to see a love triangle with Lance and Apollonia. How would Lorraine have kept Lance from getting involved with the famous songbird, in the first place?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,891
    Was Lauren Maggie's cousin or something like that?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +467
    Yeah a second or third cousin. However it was never explained as to whether it was Maggie's mum or dad's side of the family.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +538
    Imagine if Sophia Loren had been Francesca instead of Gina Lollobrigida? Sophia was the original choice but negotiations failed although Gina's scenes were fantastic e.g. The tarantella and the auction. I heard Dynasty was also after Ms. Loren.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +466
    I would imagine Francesca wouldn't have left the valley a lot richer, just in Richard's Mercedes had Sophia played the part. The family burial plot might have got another body.