1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Gary Collins throws Susan Sullivan under the bus!!!!!

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by TJames03, Jan 2, 2017.

1. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +622
    Medals:
    Lol! I guess so!

I jus think he had it in for her the second she stepped on stage. JMHO.....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +656
    "Right away here" you say. Then, that would be Gary Collins saying: "If it doesn't come off the couch then it's guaranteed not to come off on whatever you're wearing."

Lordy. Hour Magazine guests were wary of food & drink stains because of the show's cookery class segment. I'm sure staff treated the couch with the most effective food stain buster they could find. But no guest could be sure they wouldn't get stains on their clothes.

Susan Sullivan was an Hour Magazine show regular. I suppose Gary thought she would have been wondering what food 'surprises' were lurking. It seemed to me he was reassuring her that the couch had been treated as best it could. ....Yet, perversely, warning that should any food have survived the heavy-duty food stain buster and got on her clothes, then back luck, lady; 'cos the food stain buster wouldn't work on any type of clothing material.

I didn't think it was a comment dissing what she was wearing.

Beats me why anyone would think Gary was "gunning" for an old friend who was a regular on his show.

In 1987 alone, Susan did 2 new solo Season 6 interviews with Gary & 1 new solo interview for Season 7. [Plus, there was a re-run or two of her joint interview(s) with Bob Foxworth.]

This interview, I think, is the first of the three solos -- done in January. (Because Gary mentioned here that a drug rehab item was coming up; and Hour Magazine did, indeed, slot a drug rehab segment for the January show on which Susan appeared.)

Jeff Freilich, the executive producer of FC's Season 6 & 7, told interviewer Marc Bradley that he thought Susan "very complicated; extremely intelligent; very analytical".

He said he found Susan "a person I would most likely be friends with had we met socially instead of on the set", and noted: "She takes acting very seriously but at the same time doesn't have much patience for people who make our work confrontational or unpleasant".

I can't imagine that the Susan he describes would agree to continue appearing on Gary's show if she found Gary to be the kind to "throw her under the bus". :rip:

Stage? Oooh! you mean here at the 14.55-minute mark of this Dharma & Greg episode, when Kitty (Susan) gives Gary her "recipe for a better world"? :D

A very happy 2017 to all. :hat:

• Like Like x 5
  3. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,540
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    When SS came to Spain right after leaving (or being fired from) FC, she gave an interview on a primetime host show, and she just "played" the superhumorous Maggie all the way, with no indication that she might be somewhat different from her. Anyway, I have read a lot of interviews with FC people on the German site and almost everybody has nice things to say about her, though you can feel someone is being diplomatic once in awhile...

Actually, regarding Maggie´s involvement with Richard, she confirmed that she and Selby had been working on that attraction and it had been written in, and that sometimes, you have to act in love scenes with somebody you don´t like because his breath "smells like garlic" (her words). Anyway, I don´t think she was mean-spirited or thinking about RF when she said that.

upload_2017-1-4_19-24-26.jpeg

"Maggie, are you hidding anything from me?"
    RF in the FC sequel "The Return of the Werewolf"

Or maybe she and Chase actually separated because his breath smelled like garlic...? (I should upload this interview one of these days, btw...Too bad you can hardly hear Ms. Sullivan but her translator...)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,540
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I was curious and checked out my interview with Ana-Alicia to quote what she said about Susan: "A true professional". "Even today", she added.:)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    Medals:
    IMHO Susan handled the interview well, with a lot of composure (at least what was aired). Of course she repeated her mantra of the good woman trying to redeem the bad egg, as it were when ‘A LOOK BACK’ was done in 2010. Another get together like that is overdue.

Maggie and Richard are at their dinner, (a scene from season 6, 1986-‘87):

Maggie: “Sometimes I’m a little depressed and sometimes…..I’m even a little bit in love!”

Richard interprets that Maggie is talking about Chase.

Richard: “Have you tried telling him that?”

Maggie: “I’m telling him now!!!!!!!!!!!”

Maggie is pregnant with Kevin and feels the baby kick. She phones Chase but there is no answer and then she tries Richard, (a scene from season 6, 1986-‘87):

Maggie: “I needed a friend……….

Richard: “What a coincidence. I just happened to be one.”

• Like Like x 3
  6. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,861
    Medals:
    What I like about her (in this interview) is that she takes the subjects very seriously, but not herself. And she talks very pleasantly.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Medals:

Ya a cast reunion would be nice. Abby Dalton (Julia) must be the oldest of the main cast, at present.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +700
    Medals:
    Yeah Abby is now, at 85.