Supergirl Girl of Steel (Season 3)

Discussion in 'Comics Central' started by Jason73, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,047
    We open with a dream sequence featuring the handsome Mon El. I hope that means Chris Wood is going to still be around this season. Meanwhile, Supergirl is all mopey over losing Mon El and has decided not to be Kara anymore. I hope this doesn't last for too many episodes.

Cat is now the press secretary for the president. All of her scenes this episode feature no so veiled, but very funny jabs at Trump--at one point insinuating that he has the mental capacity of an eight year old. :D

Lena and Kara's friendship seems to be going strong. Lena's running Catco now and that's enough to get Kara back to work.

We get a couple of glimpses of this season's big bads--Morgan Edge and the super strong mom who is going to end up being
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

Not the most exciting of episodes but still, with Edge and super strong mom introduced and Lena now Kara's boss, the dreams about Kara's mom, and Mon El still absent, we can sort of see the focuses of this season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,503
    I could have done with a ‘previously’ section at the beginning, the best I can remember is we lost Mon-El.

Not that I’m complaining because Cat is back!

The in-bickering with Kara & James was frustrating, I’m not really hooked on her mourning the loss on Mon-El and seeing his name in the opening credits I’m assuming he will be back. This might have had more effect on me had they not included his name because now all I can think of is this will drag out until he’s back. Kara quitting is a great sign that her focus will be on Supergirl,. But knowing how this show works, I reckon she will be back in her job sooner than we think. Again though, this type of story ends up dragging its feet. Well, unless I’m completely wrong and she doesn’t return back to work.

Life decision and drama aside, the attack on unveiling the statue was pretty exciting, more because they couldn’t see where it was coming from. I also like the terror of mother & daughter getting separated and then the horror of finding the girl trapped.

But where did the mother get that power from?

What was that ship in the water? Mon-El?

Also was the woman who woke up at the end the strong one who saved her daughter?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,503
    Yes, I hate this in superhero stories, it's been done over and over where the human side of them needs to take a timeout or they question their lives. Going by how it ended, I hope that was pretty contained to just this episode.

Oh - I am not familiar with these villains. So the strong woman is a baddie? Interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,047
    Yes, me too. Flash had one. I wonder why Supergirl didn't?

I think I know, but I think it's because I read a spoiler. I'm not sure.

Yes--dreaming about Kara's mother.

Me either.

I think eventually, yes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,047
    I don't know if it was my mood, or the episode itself, but I really struggled to stay interested in this week's episode--lots of focus on various relationships, but nothing terribly exciting.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,503
    I was the same, I couldn't muster anything to write up about, although I kept thinking, why does she need to keep robbing banks, because she will eventually get caught.

7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,503
    Far from the Tree

Seeing Superman in the opening flashbacks gave me signs of his return in this episode.

And then I saw the credits. It’s always great to see Helen Slater pay a visit.

Overall, it was a great improvement on the previous episode, the fight with Supergirl and the Martians was great and I loved Maggie speech to her father.

I like Carl Lumbly, and his character really connected with the show so I hope he sticks around on the show.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,047
    I've decided to put Supergirl on hold for a while. I watched this week's episode. It was ok, but I'm really struggling to stay interested. I may let a few episodes build up and then watch or I may just wait until the season is over. Although, I will probably tune back in for the crossover episode.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,503
    I liked the focus on Lena this week and the plane stunt was great.

I love Maggie & Alex, but don't care for their heartache relationship, it looks like Maggie might be going which is a disappointment, but at least the silver lining is I don't have to put up with their 'moping' scenes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,503
    If someone had told me this week's episode was a flashback for 90% of the time I would have been so disappointed, but they didn't and I watched it.

It was brilliant, I really enjoyed and loved the twist when young Kara got a visitor from the FBI.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,047
    I thought it was a really odd episode to throw into the mix at this point in the season. However, I do appreciate that the show is invested in exploring the relationships between characters and since Kara and her sister's relationship are sort of central to the show it makes sense that we would get this type of flashback episode at some point. I didn't hate it and the two main actresses were great.

The most recent episode, Wake Up, was excellent. Reign is awake and ready to wreck havoc for the rest of the season. The stuff with Kara and Mon El was excellent too--sad and emotional.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,047
    Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow are apparently going to share a time slot. Supergirl will return in Jan and air into Feb. and then Legends will take over the time slot and Supergirl will return in April.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,503
    That's really bizarre and will be frustrating/confusing to try and keep up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,047
    It's just made me decide for certain that I will watch the season this summer when it is all on Netflix. I will probably watch through the January episodes and then wait for the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ABrown

ABrown Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Season three has had me about as bored as seasons one and two did. Pretty much the only thing that keeps me interested is the magically delicious Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor.

16. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,503

I've kinda, sorta given up on the whole franchise.

I think it's a combination of too many shows, stories going round in circles and the mid-season break. I just never went back to any of the shows and I thought at the time that I would maybe binge-watch the second part of each season, but as time goes by I'm simply lacking any enthusiasm to re-join them.

17. ABrown

ABrown Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10
    This show desperately needs an aphrodisiac. I don't know if the creators are aware, but they've got a SEXY cast to work with. Are they worried that some preteens watching the show can't handle a little sexy time?