1. You Know Nothing Jon Snow

The Final Season GoT: S8 E2 A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

Discussion in 'Game of Thrones on HBO' started by pete lashmar, Apr 22, 2019.

1. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +829
    Loved this episode and was great to have a lot of humour for a change.

But with episode 3 just a week away I have a feeling that all the unions/reunions are very ominous.

I wonder how many of our favourites survive next week!?

Winter is most definitely here!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,268
    They were some emotional moments, which the first episode was almost devoid of. Brienne and Jamie have one of the most exciting relationships, and Jamie's arc as a character is a really complex one. I would be quite shocked though if he didn't die soon.

Tyrion showed some signs both of his intelligence, telling Jamie that Circe never fooled him--he loved her knowing full well who she was, and his humour in the scene with Bran:

Bran: "it is a long story"
    Tyrion: "If only we were trapped in a castle, in the middle of winter, with nowhere to go"

The hound finally admitted he cared for Arya, which was a nice touch, but I think the most touching scene was Davos and Gilly with the little girl. I mean, Gilly does not know what happened to Shireen other than that she died, but Davos has to always be reminded of the knowledge that she was burned by the man he served and believed in.

Sansa and Dany's conversation was a nice reminder that Dany followed Jon Snow to his war, not the other way around. But Sansa's insistence about the North has a Circe-like focus on power--her coldness reminds me of her as well.

Dany's reaction to Jon's news was understandable--his brother and his best friend discover that he is the heir to the iron throne. And he really sucks at timing--he could have delivered the news AFTER they survived the battle.

I am curious as to how the show will try to turn the battle in humans' favour, to be honest. If I were the Night King, I would be riding my dragon and away from all this Valyrian steel which could kill me and all my creations. I understand Bran is the trap, but the one thing the dead have over the alive is time: they have an eternity.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle'

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,314
    Medals:
    I really liked this episode. I just fear it will be the last time we'll see some of them alive before the end of next week's battle. Jaime knighting Brienne was my favourite part. I love these two so much.
    [​IMG]

The whole scene with them talking in front of the fire was one of my favourite scenes in GoT.

I just dread who dies next week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,228
    Medals:
    What a great episode that was, so many fantastic dialogues! But winter is here, and i'm afraid that was the last time we saw our heroes sharing smiles or some nice time together. From next week on, the death count will rise and rise... and rise.
    And most of our beloved characters will start falling... one after another :sad:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +829
    Just a thought...

They made a big point of making sure we knew that all the women and children are all being sent to safety in the crypt...but the Night King can bring back the dead!?

Are we going to see Ned and others again!?

6. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,268
    Yeah they did, and there is a lot of speculation about that on the net, but I doubt they would bring back the actor just for a zombie cameo. What I find more likely is that those that thought were safe there will face some serious danger from the dead in the crypt. After all, the reason the episode took some time to lay out their plans for the battle was so that we would understand when things start going haywire.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +4,858
    Medals:
    The Jaime scenes were really great. With Tyrion, with Bran, with Brienne and the sitting around the fire part. Brienne being knighted was great. Probably the first woman ever to be knighted?

But one thing annoyed me. They are being kind to ALL couple fanbases. They have Jon/Daenerys, Missandei/Grey Worm, they did Arya/Gendry, they did lots with Jaime/Cercei. They have Sam/Gilly.
    But they keep on ignoring having Jaime & Brienne getting together!!!!!! It's the second most popular pairing on GOT after Jon/Dany, yet that is the only massively popular couple that GOT won't let happen. WTF not??? They are completely eating each other up with their eyes every time they look at each other. It feels like this episode was the last chance for them to get together. Now they'll be out in battle, and I am sure at least one of them will die, if not both.

I am rooting more and more for Sansa. She is the most loyal to the north. Of course she wants to know what happens to the north if Daenerys becomes queen of the 7 kingdoms. Dany's refusal to answer Sansa's question felt cold. She could have at least said that she will think about it or that she will treat them with kindness.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +4,858
    Medals:
    Not Ned. He was killed in King's Landing years ago, the Night King has not reached King's Landing and is nowhere near there.

A white walker needs to be very close and the dead person can't have been killed too long ago. Also, they've made sure to burn most bodies, which makes them impossible to bring back.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,268
    Somehow I remember someone, I think Tyrion, bringing Ned Stark's bones to Catelyn Stark.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Medals:
    Made by HBO, Inside The Episode and The Game Revealed take us behind the scenes of the episode and have interviews with members of the cast and crew.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,228
    Medals:
    I hope they will produce some special extras for the Bluray set, because if they publish all of that already now on youtube, i'd like something else on the discs later.
    For example, i'd be very much interested in the unaired original pilot with partly other actors.
    They never used it, because the producers didn't like it.
    That would be a similar thing like "The vintage years" was for Falcon Crest.
    That and all the alterative endings they shot for the finale i would like to see as bonus on the discs in a few months.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2