Discussion in 'Music' started by Willie Oleson, Mar 17, 2018.
You wanna play?
Il mio numero uno (and only)
Ah, but maybe that will change!
1. Slave To The Rhythm
2. Pull Up To The Bumper
3. La Vie En Rose
4. Private Life
5. Love Is The Drug
6. I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango)
7. My Jamaican Guy
8. Walking In The Rain
10. Warm Leatherette
1. I've chosen Am I Ever Gonna Fall In Love In New York City as my favourite GJ song because it sounds like a disco version of a movie theme song.
The vocal intro reminds me of other great tunes such as "On The Radio" and "From New York To L.A.".
2. Victor Should Have Been a Jazz Musician is my second favourite. Somehow I read this title as a line from a Judith Krantz novel.
And sometimes I wonder how this song would sound if it had been sung by Carly Simon, who had also collaborated with Nile Rodgers.
3. La Vie En Rose
This sensual disco version (and maybe her best vocal performance ever) sounds even more "French" than the original version, also because it has an underground-y feel to it - a song that's only performed behind the closed doors of certain "decadent" establishments.
4. Slave To The Rhythm is one of the 1980s hits that I really enjoyed, I think I've always interpreted it as Slave To The Eighties Fashion.
5. Williams' Blood
6. Do Or Die
7. I'll Find My Way To You was the theme song to an Italian movie (1976) and was remade for the 1979 album "Muse", but I prefer the first version.
8. The music for I Need A Man is written by Pierre Papadiamandis and I was going to mention that this is probably why this song has some Greek influences, but it turns out he's French. I guess it was naive to think that only the Greeks can play the bouzouki.
9. Pull Up To The Bumper 2000
10. On Your Knees
She used to scare me when I was a little boy.
1. Slave to the Rhythm
2. My Jamaican Guy
3. Love is a Drug
4. Pull Up to the Bumper
5. I'm Not Perfect (But I'm Perfect for You)
6. Private Life
7. Watching (with the Thompson Twins)
Scares the life clean out of me. That huge mouth.
I know the feeling
1. Williams Blood
2. La Vie En Rose
3. Slave To The Rhythm
4. The Apple Stretching
5. Private Life
6. Pull Up To The Bumper
7. I've Seen That Face Before
8. Demolition Man
9. My Jamaican Guy
10.Do Or Die
Here's our Ultimate Grace Jones Top 10:
1. Slave To The Rhythm - 32
2. La Vie En Rose - 25
3. Pull Up To The Bumper - 20
4. Williams' Blood - 16
5. Private Life - 15
6. My Jamaican Guy - 12
7. Love Is The Drug - 11
8. I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango) - 10
8. Am I Ever Gonna Fall In Love In New York City - 10
9. Victor Should Have Been A Jazz Musician - 9
10. The Apple Stretching - 7
Thanks! Please note that this was an unofficial, mega-rare, short-lived, limited edition Top 10.
That might be my favourite Grace Jones song.
I never thought of that!
Separate names with a comma.