Homophobic bakers lose 'gay cake' appeal.

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Mel O'Drama, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,944
    Good!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37753242

And they're as ungracious about this as they were about losing the case in the first place all that time ago. I've no doubt they would have been even more ungracious had they actually won.

When the case first came up, I felt sympathy for them as it can't be easy for them to be in that position as born again Christians. However, as things went along it became clear that this isn't about their faith. They've become minor celebrities à la Kim Davis in their vocal opposition to equality. Something they seem very comfortable with.

I can't sugar coat it. These two need to accept that they haven't had their own way and just go away now. Petulant and pouty Daniel can't see beyond his own sense of entitlement and martyrdom and has provided a seemingly endless series of soundbytes about his suffering. I've yet to hear Amy say a word, but beneath her GHD'd Laura Ashley exterior, her non-verbal communication tells all. The same frozen smirk is on her face in every picture and video, standing stolidly at Daniel's side in silent, impassive judgement of anyone who isn't just like them.

In the aftermath of the appeal, Daniel is stamping his feet about losing his right to "free speech" which is a total joke. He's in court because his business broke the law to rob someone else of their free speech.

The bottom line is that if you can't honour the law while running a business, you have no right being in that business. Leave it to the many people who can run it legally.

Daniel (and presumably his silent, grinning wife) now wants Equality law to change to allow them to discriminate against whomever they choose. The last twenty seconds of the video no doubt evoked a wordwide sigh from those who use their faith for good without distorting it to support their own bigotry.

[​IMG]

"He is still on the throne. He is the ruler of heaven and of earth. And he is our god, and we worship and we honour him."

The reason these two thoroughly deserve to be eating some of their own delicious humble pie today is because they've deliberately stoked the fires of prejudice. Not just by discriminating, sustaining it so aggressively, then demanding their right to oppress. Worst of all is they have appeared to enjoy it.

Right from the start of their media junket, pictures like this were thrown into the mix, carefully posed to mock and state their superiority to the people they would gladly deny the right to marry:

[​IMG]

There's no part of their life they haven't whored out in an attempt to get their way. They've flaunted their wedding rings; shown off their home; paraded their children in front of cameras.

But not for too long. After all - we mustn't forget whose fifteen minutes of fame this really is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,813
    Ashamed this happened in my hometown. Will never buy a cake off them!!! Shameful.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,992
    You could egg their windows....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,813
    Yeah...Northern Irish justice tends to go a bit further than an eggy window. More like eggy kneecaps.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,659
    I can't believe what I'm seeing here. The Bible clearly says: "Though Shalt Not Bake a Gay Cake".

The poor servant of the Lord must have simply followed that explicit ordinance straight from the almighty himself, for otherwise heavenly fury would have rained upon him, his children and the children of his children for all eternity and beyond and the world would have collapsed.

God also says: "Though Shalt Stick Thee Nose Upon Other People's Business".

So, that's a good Christian. A good, good Christian. And a genuine God's warrior. For instead of simply not being gay himself, he's gone a step further and made sure he banged his customers on the head with what he believes is the ultimate recipe for a proper life.

After all, it is God that gave him his business license to serve the general public and not some local authority, thus giving him the right to pick and choose who is unfit to be the recipient of his service and there is no Pandora's box such practice would open. Right?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,639
    I'll just sit and wait here patiently and quietly until the day Daniel is caught cruising for rent boys outside the Art College just round the corner from his shop. It's clearly only a matter of time.

Just like when the appropriately named Mrs Robinson was preaching her homophobic hate and yacking on about how gay people were ruining the sanctity of marriage and the whole time she had been having an affair with young fella half her age.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,240
    As a Christian I am delighted that the bigotry of these bakers has been rejected by the courts. Their actions has nothing to do with their faith but with their own personal prejudices.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,639
    She's clearly from Stepford.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,813
    It's like someone on the news said yesterday - if you bake a cake with a Witch on it - does it mean you're condoning witches?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,639
    I baked a cake with Peppa Pig on it for my niece's birthday. The Lord knows I am not in support of bratty pigs. He's cool with that.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,813
    I saw one with large breasts on it the other day.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,639
    As a gay man I am in favour of that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mel O'Drama

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,944
    Damn genetically modified food. This is why I buy organic.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mel O'Drama

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,944
    I find her silence far more troubling than his gobby rants.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +524

#SaveUlsterfromSodomy

• Like Like x 2
  16. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,755
    On the contrary I will continue to support them absolutely. They are being treated disgracefully.

But unfortunately society is now being crippled by a culture of those who either go out of their way to cause offence or take offence.

We have a section of people in our building at work who clearly relish this ludicrous decision, and they don't show much dignity to anyone.

I will lend my custom to Ashers at every occasion possible to show my support.

Swami

17. Mel O'Drama

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,944
    Good for you.

And you can sleep easy knowing your money will go towards paying Mr Lee for the indignity they've caused him.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Don Howard

Don Howard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +350
    As a non-gay man, I am equally in favor.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,813
    Support that they are making gay people feel like outcasts? Didn't they treat the gay couple disgracefully?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,639
    That is utter nonsense. They are in the service industry. They provide a service, that being the selling of baked goods to the public. Clearly they shouldn't be in the service industry if they are going to judge who and why they may or may not provide a service to. After all only God can judge, but most Christians seem to forget that and like to act on his behalf, much to his mortification I'm sure.

You do not have to support something in order to bake a cake that does. To bring your own personal and religious views into the business world shows very poor common and business sense. Religion has no place in the world of business and financial transactions, hopefully the owners of Ashers have realised this now, even if it is at a huge loss to them.

Ashers didn't only discriminate against a gay couple when they refused to bake a comical Bert and Ernie cake. They discriminated against anyone who wasn't just like them. They discriminated against the families and loved ones of all gay people.

• Like Like x 6