Homophobic bakers lose 'gay cake' appeal.

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Mel O'Kalikimaka, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Santa Swami

Santa Swami Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,024
    I choose to visit Ashers out of support and solidarity, not scoring political points. The real sad thing is that the individual who brought this case - and it is blatantly obvious - deliberately targeted Ashers, either egged on my others or on his own direction - knowing full well their beliefs. Thankfully the overwhelming view here is support for Ashers and the decision made by the Supreme Court.

If - as in the case of this complainant - you go out of your way to simultaneously cause and take offence - it is not exactly going to earn much in the way of respect.

And at the end of the day the Supreme Court has made its judgement.

Swami

2. The holiday Whore

The holiday Whore Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    You would know all about the waste of public money wouldn't you? Being a DUP voter.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Santa Swami

Santa Swami Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,024
    Not as much of a waste of public money as trying to introduce Irish language as a main language which virtually nobody can either speak or understand. Classic do as I say not as I do attitude there.

Swami

4. Angela Christmas

Angela Christmas Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,778
    Why is trying to preserve your heritage considered to be a waste of money? If "virtually nobody" in Northern Ireland speaks the language, all the more reason why it needs to be taught in schools to keep the language alive.

I'm always impressed with how the Welsh have so much pride in their language and heritage that all public signs are in both English and Welsh and how Welsh is widely taught in their schools.

In the 1960s the Welsh language was on the verge of extinction until Welsh people took active steps to reverse the downward trend. I think it be great in the people of Northern Ireland had the same opportunity to safeguard their heritage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. The holiday Whore

The holiday Whore Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,740
    There haven't been any plans to introduce the Irish language as the main language here. Only to have it used equally, which I think is only fair. After all it is Ireland. Nobody is going to do away with the English language, but you knew that, and are grasping at straws again.
    Also my Step father is fluent in Irish, my mother speaks some, one of my brothers speaks it. The reason that few do though, is that the English outlawed it for centuries. But I wont get into this silliness. I wont indulge your ignorance.