1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

How did you feel about Dex --- really....?

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Snarky's Ghost, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,863
    Medals:
    Interesting point, but then again, The Best Of Krystle was much better than The Best Of Dex.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,260
    Agreed, although in season 9 Dex became a really integral part of the show, and it made sense too, finally having Blake move more into a patriarch role (like Jock Ewing) than the peak of a love triangle with two other women as they laughingly had him be for years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zara

Zara Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +249
    LexDex - LessDick

Dexie Sexless

4. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,578
    Medals:
    Dex was ok i liked him, only he was a hot head sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    Dex Dexter - what a name! I liked him. It was great casting. My mother was crazy for him.
    He was a good man for Alexis - both seemed much more sexuell active, adventures and full of fire.
    Creating the name Lexdex was a good idea.

• Like Like x 3
  6. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,532
    Medals:
    I'm finding Dex surprisingly likeable in Season 7 when he's suddenly everybody's friend and a lot more approachable than he was before.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,148
    Medals:
    Probably one of the other reasons that I like season 7 more than most people seem to.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,187
    Medals:
    Nader has admitted in interviews that the only reason he was kept on the show as long as he was was that Joan was "very attracted to me in the role" and pressed producers to not toss him out during their characters' frequent estrangements.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,148
    Medals:
    Well I am glad she insisted they keep him. I like how he changes I guess from season 6/7 to season 9.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,187
    Medals:
    For that reason, I'm pretty suspicious that Nader had a Cancer Rising (for the zodiacally enthused) as Soul, Joe Penney and Lorenzo Lamas did.

It's a similar note of volatile intelligence.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,863
    Medals:
    I wonder if Dex should have been a doctor.
    :think:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    - Joan also said in a talk show she pleased the producers to re-build Alexis´ relationship with Dex when she had to deal with Sean instead

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,014
    Medals:
    I remember an interview with Nader, where he said in all his bathtub scenes with Joan, she'd "tickle me in all the right places." That makes me want to go "Aww" and throw up at the same time. :lol:

Another interview I remember is with Joan, where she's talking about Nader, and then says, in a giggling, swooning tone of voice, "Ohohoho, Miiiiiiiichaellllll..."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Zara

Zara Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +249
    I like Dex, and his cool full name.

A character with a perfect balance and not overdone in any way. A wholesome and genuine man, actually. Very masculine but yet tender.

Nader and Collins made a great power couple, despite the cheating and heated arguments, or maybe thanks to it.;) They were never a "B&K-couple" with endless love and fidelity, but that kind of relationship would have been just plain wrong for them. If Blake and Krystle were an ordinary Sunday roast dinner, Dex and Alexis alternated between a sloppy and greasy meal at McDonald's and a romantic caviar rendezvous in front of the fire.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Well, somebody needed to examine Alexis' head at some point. The rest of her had been examined enough... and by enough sets of hands. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +391
    :tv:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chippie

Chippie Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +26
    In Season 9 Dex and Sable had great chemistry and many have said that Dex should have been paired off with Sable for a season 10 - however upon re-watching season 9 I think Sable would have dumped Dex in a flash if Blake showed her any romantic interest
    Did Sable really think she could live in Denver and keep Dex out of her child's life??? And prevent Alexis from interfering???
    Although Alexis admitted to having a one night stand with Jason why Sable cared so much and put so much hatred towards vendetta against Alexis when it seemed obvious in Season one of the Colby's that Jason had an appreciation for the ladies and was probably not faithful - I think her vendetta should have been against Frankie who did much worse in betraying her
    Plot twist for season 10: In season 9 Sable blamed Alexis for Jason finding out the twins might not be biologically his I think a better twist is that Connie written a letter sent to Jason informing him of the twins parentage upon her death

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Scott-ish

Scott-ish Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think Sable and Dex were good together too but I don't think Dex would have stayed with Sable. He would have been with her after the accident and made an effort to be a family but in the end I think he and Alexis would keep going back and forth with each other as they always have done. Sable would be devastated.
    I don't think she would stay in Denver; she would leave to get away from Alexis. She would put her child before everything else in her life.
    I like the idea of Connie leaving something to let Jason know he wasn't the twins' father but I think she would have done it because she knew who the father was - Cecil. She had kept the secret because at least the children were Colby children, but she hated Sable and knew she would never admit to being raped so just left it that Monica and Miles were not Jason's children. Sable could ensure the children still got their share of the Colby fortune but she would have to admit to them she was raped and she would never want them to know that was how they were conceived.
    Dex didn't deserve Sable or the baby - he was never committed to anyone and never wanted to be. He liked the idea of being everyone's knight in shining armour but never did live up to it - he was always too busy looking at himself in the mirror...

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,849
    Medals:
    I've always had the feeling that if season 10 had happened then Dex would've died from that balcony fall and Alexis would've fallen on top of him. It's even how it looks like it's going to turn out in those final moments. I do think Sable and Blake would've been pushed together, especially with her being a single mother and they already had her show maternal instincts towards Kweentyyyyna in season 9.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +623
    Medals:
    Terrible character and it's a shame he lasted so long. LOVED him going over that balcony and loved that "he didn't fare well...."