How long will it take us to get to 10,000 posts?

Discussion in 'Play Games' started by Ms. Paige, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    2024?? :eck: I thought it might be something like this, do you still think we can do it?

No not me Michelle :no: I am far too shy.
    You are ’lovely’ though so maybe other members would take more notice of you. Only joking my friend :ch: I am sure we will somehow keep this thread going.

We have a ’Cattery’ not far from where we live and its called - ’Boarding Kennels & Cattery’. I always think it would sound far more inviting if they called it - ’ A Hotel for Cats and Dogs’. Maybe I should drop by there and see if I can find our missing cat?...no I think thats going a bit too far :lol:

Yes I do thanks :D far more than I thought I would....

Register or to view Spoiler content!

Nothing wrong in having dreams and I should know :jolly:

OMG, no :lmao:My avatar is supposed to be dreamily listening to music :lol:

Thank you, I always like your approval :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    Indeed it is ....

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    Fab! :floor::floor::floor: Why are cats are sooooo funny? :lmao:

Happy Saturday! :jolly:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    [​IMG]

Wishing everyone a happy week ahead! :hats:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  5. Sarah Danner

Sarah Danner Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Having a brew while waiting for that 10000th post. Where's that cabin boy with my refill? SEPT2nd.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle'

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,209
    Well hopefully sooner. If you're willing to chat for six more years it's achievable. Think about it, six years ago was 2012, that wasn't too long ago. :bubble:

That makes two of us, the shy chatterboxes of the 10,000 thread. [​IMG]
    LOL, I'm sure they notice me as one of those chatterboxes in the Games section. Lovely, hottest, yeah .... I agree. :p Just kidding, kinda, maybe....

They'll also notice you as the trendy member who has introduced self mutilation and smoking to the community. The member do miss a lot by not joining in here.

That's a clever name, another idea of a SC property. Alas, we are stretches thin for added properties as this moment.

Any signs of the missing garden cat? I hope he's okay. :pray:

:omg: I love you hanging basket and your beautiful Roses! Your pansies look great and seem to have survived the winter well.

I can't say how much I love your lovely Roses. Such a beautiful photo and hey have so many petals. :clap:

LOL, I do like butter now with that photo of your buttercup. :D

Thank you for sharing my friend. :)

:hugs:

Those aliens have turned you into a smoker. I blame it all on these so-called alien friends of yours. :mo: Dreaming and listening to music with a good smoke. :lol:

Just my little opinion. I notice these things and enjoy giving feedback. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,209
    :haha:
    LOL, look at the tail wagging. :D

Welcome to the 10,000 thread and the Game section @Sarah Danner . We have a lot of fun here. :spinning:The service is far better at the SC Cafe. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    Me?.. chat for six more years?? ... I can chat forever :D

No, it wasn't long ago, its kind of scary how time appears to be getting faster. Has someone speeded it up? :lol:

Lol!..yes everyone would agree that you are indeed 'Lovely' ... as for being the 'hottest', well thats debatable my friend :hide:

:danc:

:lolling::lolling::lolling:

Indeed. Its all happening in the games forum, its the place to be :cool1

Sadly no. Where can he be? and how could he just disappear and leave me worrying :(

Thank you Michelle, hopefully the hanging baskets will fill our some more as the weeks go by.

I think it would be impossible to take a bad photograph of roses, even for me :p they are such a beautiful flower.

Good :D the buttercups have swiftly died back, so I've chopped them down and left the roots in for next year.

You're most welcome :ch: and thank you for showing an interest. Its good because knowing you wanted to see the flowers has made me photograph them, which makes me appreciate the flowers all the more....if you know what I mean :loon:

Lol! :floor::floor:

Thats me (not really) :jk:

Cigarettes are expensive so I was thinking of investing in a tobacco pipe, do you think I would suit one?

[​IMG]

This reminds me my Grandad used to smoke a pipe and I hated the smell of it.

A big welcome from me too @Sarah Danner :welcome: its good to see you here :D

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,209
    Super! :site:

It's hard to believe that 2018 is nearly half over. Where does time go. :eek:

What, oh 'Lashes we'll have to take that conversation ...umm, battle to the Last Post thread. :box:

It is getting concerning. Hopefully the idea that's away in a cattery is correct.

They really are very lovely! More lovely than I would have imagined. They show your great taste. :)

They are indeed grand. I bet they smell great too. Have you ever had issues with insects eating them? My roses get Japanese beetles in he summer. Those beetles also eat the grapes.:eek:

Of course. I so adore your photos. :D BTW, have you gotten more accustomed to your phone? Were all these photos taken by the same camera?

I'm happy to see the gardening side of Long Lashes. :)

That is one trend I'm surprised hasn't returned, pipe smoking. I'm sure it will though.

'Lashes! Would you smoke that pipe in the SC Cafe? I want you lungs to remain pink and healthy. :mo: Doh, those aliens are corrupting you again.

My grandfather smoked a pipe as well. I guess it was a part of that generation. There is something stately or distinctive about smoking a pipe over cigarettes. Of course it's unhealthy and smelly.

Indeed! We are a daft bunch over here but you're very welcome to join in the games with us whenever you find the time. :crazyme:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,209
    Happy Wednesday everyone! :D

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    Shall we start the countdown to Christmas in this thread from tomorrow? :lol: :jk:

I will see you over there :byebye:

Oh no those beetles sound very pesky, is there any way you can get rid of them? Do you grow grapes outdoors? if I may be as nosy as I usually am? :lol:

So far our rose bush appears to be okay and I haven't noticed any invasion of insects. We do get slugs in the garden and they can be a nuisance, do you get slugs? I am sure they (the slugs) use our patio for a midnight dance, because every morning they have left a pattern of slug-trail as evidence.

I have finally well and truly bonded with my phone, thank you, Everything seems so simple to use now and I can hardly believe the a fuss I made when I first got it :rolleyes: I have started to take photos with the phone, but so far those I have posted on here are with my old trusty camera.

:) ... the latest newbie to the LL garden is a lavender plant, which my Dad gave us at the weekend, I love the aroma of real lavender ... fingers crossed I don't go and kill this plant...Lol!

No, I wouldn't smoke it in the cafe :no:

... just in the cafe garden :hide:

I think my friendly aliens want to know what affect smoking would have on me. :confuse:

Yes, I think it was a generational thing. I remember my Grandma buying my Grandad a new pipe with a matching ash-tray one year for his Christmas present :eek: how strange all this sounds now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    What a gorgeous gif that is :) I wish we got the Hummingbirds in our garden, they're beautiful.

Happy Wednesday to all! :popcorn:

"You looking at me ?"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,209
    :Clol:

:box:

Yes, they are pesky. The roses get a powder that helps keep the beetles off but it's not fully effective. Yes, outdoor grapes. :)

LOL, yes indeed we have slugs and have seen the dreaded slug-trails. :eek:

Do you ever got ants or other insect invaders?

That's great! I was wondering how your phone was going and kept forgetting to ask. Your old trusty camera seems to do a good job.

OMG, I love lavender. What a great gift you received. :dance: Your garden is really coming along. Your dad is really turning you into a gardener. :)

'Lashes! :mo: Stay healthy my friend. :hugs:

:omg: You're their guinea pig, GP1! Resist my friend. Healthy pinks lungs for Long Lashes.

LOL, I have similar memories. I like that, matching ash-tray with his pipe.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,209
    We rarely get them here either. It is special when one sees one.

LOL, that face! :haha:

65 to go to reach #2000 by 1 July.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    You sure do get some hot weather :eck: I would love to grow grapes, I eat them like sweets, but I think attempting to grow them myself is far beyond my capabilities.

Ugh! .. slug-trails are so cringey, I would rather they visit our garden without leaving any evidence behind :eek:

We do get ants when its boiling hot on the patio, although not many so we ignore them :lol: We also get butterflies, Bees, Wasps, Snails and midges, the midges can be pesky too, plus they bite.

Your encouragement when I first got the phone helped :D and I now have hundreds of songs which I can play in the car or when out walking.

I was thinking of trying to 'dry' some of the lavender once it grown more (if it survives..Lol!). My Dad is so chuffed that I've finally taken an interest in growing things :)

I need to be careful though, because if I admire any of his plants he immediately gives me a cutting for our garden :lol:

GP1??:floor::floor:

I have resisted, I was just winding you up again :lmao: sorry, Michelle :ch:

I will do many things for my aliens, chop of fingers etc., but I draw the line at becoming a smoker.

Lol!..I imagine my Grandma thought it looked glamorous :lol:

We have just been watching the world cup [​IMG] and Russia have just won the very first game. Are you getting any coverage of the world cup Michelle?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    So thats 65 posts in 17 days - which works out at approx 4 posts per day....

[​IMG] :dd:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,209
    The grapes we get aren't too useful. Jelly is about all one can make from them.

Have you ever stepped on one? :eek:

Yikes, midges! Bee, wasps, and ants serve a purpose, but midges?

So nice! I have a little less than you (music) on my phone but I upload something nearly weekly. I'm so glad your phone is working out for you. :)

That so nice. I hope you continue your gardening. Plants can bring such joy to one's life. BTW, does your Dad have a large garden, if I may ask?

Yes! GP1 for those pesky aliens. :p

LOL, you sure like to wind poor Michelle up. :eck:

Good for you. No smoking my friend. Nice, healthy, pink lungs. Now we have to work on this finger chopping issue. :rolleyes:

No doubt. It's what the men of that time did.

Yes, I hear about it at my work. My two English co-workers and my Salvadorian co-worker talk relentlessly about it. It's the one time that even Americans pay attention to world football. Now that we (and Canada and Mexico) will host the 2026 World Cup, hopefully that brings more interest for football to the states.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,209
    We have to keep up the momentum. We nearly missed last month's objective. :bump:

Have a great weekend everyone! :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,209
    Happy Saturday!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,038
    Thats a shame, has anyone tried making wine out of them?

I haven't stepped on a slug, but I did step on two snails last summer, ewww! :eek::eek: luckily for me I was wearing sandals (I often walk around barefoot) although it was unlucky for the snails, I felt so guilty :(

Have you ever stepped on one?

Yikes indeed, they're little horrors and appear to hover up and down doing little else, apart from the occasional bite of a human.
    Do you not have midges Michelle?

Ask away. Yes, my Dad has a huge back garden and he keeps it perfect. Its his hobby and he spends hours tending it.
    He has the garden in different sections which I like, a pathway which leads from the lawn to his vegetable patch and then a pathway leading through a flower covered archway which takes you to a sitting area in front of some trees. It is very beautiful and in no way will I ever achieve any of this :lol:

But they adore me :Clol:

I do :giggle: and I am amazed you put up with me.

Absolutely :spinning:

:floor::floor:

I do hope your two English co-workers are not going to be disappointed, I am assuming they re supporting England?

I didn't realise this and I am glad its something you are all interested in, as it brings us all together :D

Also it means that the US football team will definitely be participating :dance: Are you getting the games from Russia on the TV?

• Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 3)