How would you have done a DALLAS/DYNASTY crossover?

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Ked, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,930
    Medals:
    Since I'm not as familiar with Dallas as the rest of you, I'll let you guys figure this out. :lol:

Here's some basic questions/guidelines:

-What year would you have it take place?
    -Which characters would mainly interact with one another?
    -Would you have it be a movie, a made-for-TV movie, or a 2-parter episode?

2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,542
    This would be my story. Over on Dynasty a Denver businessman meets with Blake Carrington and offers a proposal of selling his large tract of land in Texas, presumably with the promise of masses of oil. Blake is hesitant but is informed the best person to speak with in Texas would be Jock Ewing. Blake phones Southfork and requests to speak with Jock Ewing. Teresa brings the phone to Miss Ellie who is enjoying lunch by the pool. Teresa informs Miss Ellie a gentleman named Blake Carrington is calling from Denver and wishes to speak with Jock Ewing. Of course Blake is unaware Jock has died.

Miss Ellie has a conversation with Blake and informs him Jock had died and what was the nature of the call. Blake is mortified about the news and apologizes to Miss Ellie. He is phoning because a businessman is proposing selling his land in Texas with the promise there is plenty of oil. Miss Ellie, ever accommodating - suggests Blake come to Southfork and meet with her husband Clayton Farlow as knows much about the district in question. Blake accepts the offer.

Blake and Krystle Carrington arrive at Southfork and are met by Miss Ellie, Clayton, JR, Sue Ellen and Bobby. Blake, Clayton, JR and Bobby discuss business while Sue Ellen invites Krystle horseback riding to show off Southfork. That evening they all meet at the Oil Baron's Club. Following a successful trip to Dallas, Blake and Krystle invite the Ewing family to Denver as a way of thanking the Ewing family.

In the next episode of Dynasty the Ewing family arrive at the Carrington mansion and are wined and dined. The evening is proving to be a success until one uninvited guest...let's call her Alexis....saunters into the party.

Let the games begin as Alexis sizes up JR Ewing.....

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,844
    Medals:
    I would place it in the 1987-88 season, S8 for DYNASTY and S11 (per SVD count) for DALLAS.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,844
    Medals:
    Or maybe with Cliff, and JR steals her away.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +772
    Medals:
    Based on my recollection of their respective seasons that year, here's my idea:

JR sleeps with Alexis. Alexis offers to buy West Star stock for JR. In return, JR promises to help Alexis become governor. But Blake and Sue Ellen team up to stop them.

Or they could have done a crossover a year later. Roger Grimes was so well preserved that they brought him back to life, and he moved to Dallas under the alias Tommy McKay. :D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,542
    In my Dallas/Dynasty crossover I wouldn't have JR and Alexis cross paths between high quality Egyption bed sheets. That scenario is too predictable, though I'd expect many would tune in just to see JR and Alexis sizzle. What I would have preferred is a sexually charged scene between JR and Alexis talking business and trying to outsmart each other.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +772
    Medals:
    Predictable, yes, but so was JR and Abby sleeping together when they crossed paths. The writers would have likely found a JR and Alexis sex scene equally obligatory.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,921
    Medals:
    But Alexis' business usually happens in the bedroom. The boardroom is for feisty entrances and exits, a catwalk to show the latest hat or fur coat (or..gasp!...both)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1