How Would You Have Saved The Final Season?

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Angela Christmas, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,784
    Because....they can?

2. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,033
    They are the California branch of the Consortium that bought Denver Carrington.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,784
    ^
    It was all a reunion. It never happened.

4. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    IMHO a FC reunion should have happened some time in the nineties. The Powers That Be if they had got the remaining core cast on board, with a decent script could have coincided such a show with 'JR Returns'. Other fan sites of the show; 'A New Vintage' and 'www.falconcrest.org' had submitted script proposals, to aid a comeback of the wine saga. These proposals stayed true to the original glory years.

However cast leader Jane Wyman put the brakes on hopes of a reunion happening when she was reported as saying, "that would be like chewing your cud twice."

Lorenzo Lamas (Lance Cumson) provides his thoughts about Jane Wyman; who played his grandmother Angela Channing, the all conquering wine business matriarch from the eighties, ('behind the scenes' from season 1 - 9, 1981 - '90):

"FALCON CREST was a decade of television for me! It was during most of my 20s. Working with Jane Wyman is something I will never forget. She was a consummate professional, a class act and someone who set the tone for every actor who did that show. During the run of nine seasons Jane became like a grandmother to me off screen."

• Like Like x 1
  5. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,329
    In all honesty, I think her refusal to do a reunion had more to do with her declining health more than anything. I don't doubt if there had been a real push for it, they could've done one in the 90s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,033
    But Falcon Crest did end on its own terms. They had to do a reunion for DYNASTY because of that awful cliffhanger in season 9 and for DALLAS because of the ridiculous "Conundrum" ending , even though the latter knew in advance that was their last season (unlike DYNASTY). So I know why the fans would crave it, but I see Jane Wyman's point about there being no need.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,329
    Knots also ended on its own terms yet had a mini-series. CBS was a mess in the 90s so I'm sure they would've greenlighted a Falcon Crest reunion if there was a push for it. The fact that Jane only acted once after Falcon Crest ended says a lot sadly. I love her comment and she's not wrong, but I don't doubt she would've done it if in better health.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Angela Christmas

Angela Christmas Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,749
    If there was going to be a Falcon Crest reunion, and Jane Wyman was understandably unable to take part due to her failing health, then the obvious plot line would be to kill off her character and have the storyline centre on the succession for the control of Falcon Crest between her children and grandchildren.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +534
    A round of applause for Toni. Chao-Li would have deserved being the head of Falcon Crest. He was in the top five characters who appeared in the most episodes and knew more about the business than Angela. I'm also of the opinion that season 9 wasn't bad, radical would be the word. I blame it all on Apollo dying. Omen maybe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1