How would you redo The Reunion?

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,643
    Medals:
    I like the idea of Miles and Monica being the product of rape by Cecil Colby. That way they are Colbys and yet it's so creepy and unsettling. And it explains why Cecil went of to Denver to make his fortune away from Jason and Sable and all his sick guilt.

• Like Like x 1
  2. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +383
    Hire: David Paulsen as producer, Gordon Thomson as Adam, Catherine Oxenberg as Amanda, Rob Lowe as Amanda´s new love interest (who sleept with Fallon back in 1980), Diahann Caroll as Dominique, Pierce Brosnan as Jeremy van Dorn

Fire: the Marshalls, the brainwashing subplot, no Miles/Fallon/Jeff triangle again, Kirby and Miles, no auction / Alexis owns the mansion and has decorated it her style

filming: on location (Filoli), no fake mansion

In flashbacks we see what happened after the show got cancelled in 1989:
    - Blake sleeps in prison (dreams about the gun shot with Handler. He looks in Jeff´s face, screams "Krystle")
    fade out to:
    - Alexis sitting in front of a fireplace in the mansion, looks into the flames (She rememberes the fall from the balcony). A phone rings her out of her thoughts. "Mister Dexter (Nader) still ignores our advices to get out of his wheelchair."
    fade out to:
    - Krystle wakes up out of her coma.

Fallon, Adam and Alexis live in the mansion. Krystina, Danny and Sammy Jo live at Delta Rho.
    Adam meets Amanda instead of Kirby in Europe who works for the Consortium, too.
    Dominique helps her brother out when he comes out of prison.
    Amanda and Fallon starts a catfight, when Fallon says: "I know your lover very good. Does he still wear no underwear?"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chippie

Chippie Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +26
    so if Alexis does not own the mansion why is she sitting in front of a fire in the mansion??? hmmm subplot - give us more colbyco! :spinning: I also like the idea of Dex surviving - what about Sable?

4. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +383
    - Alexis owns the mansion until the end of the Reunion, when Blake and Krystle move in for their last dance
    - penultimate scene: Dex leaves his wheelchair, walks to Alexis and asks her to marry again
    - Fallon tells Blake that Sable lost her baby and married Zach Powers

5. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,541
    Not do it at all?

But in all seriousness - just rewrite the entire thing. Set at least parts of it in 1989 to deal with the fallout of the cliffhangers. No to recasting Adam. No to revisiting a pointless triangle that was resolved years ago. No to Jeff/Fallon in general. Fallon to be her sassy self. Sammy Jo acting like the responsible adult we saw her become, not someone who's pushing thirty and trying to make "modelling" happen. No to the silly "brooch" catfight - I mean really - was that the best they could think of? It's not like Krystle threatened Alexis's life before she went away or anything...

• Like Like x 1