I am glad that TNT Dallas happened.

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by Elizabeth Ewins, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Elizabeth Ewins

Elizabeth Ewins Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +71
    TNT Dallas was not perfect or even recognizable. But given the chance to not have it at all or to see it. I would have chosen to see it. It was a treasure to me to see JR.Sue Ellen and Bobby again and to see where their lives took them and to see their families lives. My biggest joy was to see JR again. This time I didn't love to hate him. This time I loved to love him. It was sad that it was for the final time. But I wouldn't have missed it. The TNT Dallas was perfect to bid a fond farewell to Dallas.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
    Medals:
    I agree. It could have been so better but I'd rather it happened than not at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle'

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,543
    Medals:
    That really sums-up my opinion too. To see Dallas in the 21st century with Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Ken Kercheval was worth it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,595
    I'm glad it happened because I got to see the actors in the roles I loved seeing them in one more time. I'm glad that Larry, Linda, Patrick, and Ken came back so we had that opportunity. I know some fans didn't want them to come come back and even said they're "proud" of the ones who wouldn't come back. They have their way of thinking...but what I'm proud of is Larry Hagman giving 100% even as he was dying of cancer. He never let it hurt the quality of his acting. That's the commitment of a true legend to his work and to his fans. That's impressive.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. B.J. Ewing

B.J. Ewing Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Medals:
    The best thing TNT Dallas did (for me) was their explanation of what happened to Pam. It was good to know that Pam had not abandonded her family in the late 80s, but that her plan was to return to Bobby and Christopher. That she didn't make it in the end was a very sad, but more satisfying end to her storyline than in the original show. (Yes, we DID know that Pam was going to die in the original show, but I mean the fact that the Ewings finally got to know about it and that we got to know it for sure.)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,259
    Despite its many faults I loved watching Dallas in glorious High Definition. To see that grand home in this regard was how it should be. Obviously seeing Larry, Patrick, Linda and others was great.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,151
    I have mixed feelings about it.

It was reasonably good in it's first two seasons I suppose.

I only really watched for Linda Gray, Larry Hagman & Patrick Duffy, & to ogle Jesse Metcalfe's butt if I'm honest!

Thankfully my memories of it were wiped by the Time Lords. What were we talking about again!?! :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JR Ewing Fan

JR Ewing Fan Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +191
    I don't even remember. It's had to have been over a decade though.
    I do agree. It was probably the best storyline TNT Dallas had. It should have been addressed on the original show though. The only thing I didn't like was how cold Bobby was to the news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. stevew

stevew Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +839
    Medals:
    1. Seeing JR again, just wish he’d done more in the short time he was there or we had a series of letters to keep him part of the show

2. Seeing Sue Ellen still the most beautiful woman ever just wish the drinking hadn’t been started up again.

3. Seeing John Ross - the guy seemed to fit, even his weaknesses, things like saving Emma, crying in the elevator, taking a licking in a fight, dealing with dyslexia, working the oil rigs - just wish the sum total wasn’t a looser

4. Seeing Bobby - just seeing him, nothing else, his character turned into a bitter old man who’d have been better off dying while fighting cancer than going on

5. The DelSols. I liked Carlos and the real Marta - beautiful - should have been way more

6. The Ryland - I liked all 3, even the drug shipping and whore house stuff, but not “momma likes” - gagged on that one.

7. The exterior shots - great job

Unfortunately didn’t make up for

1. The interior - didn’t get it at all, why?

2. The Ramos’s - didn’t care about them

3. Christopher - didn’t love hating him

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,403
    Overall, I liked it too. Linda Gray looked and acted better than ever on screen, and I liked many of the younger cast (Josh Henderson was such a revelation). It ruined a lot, but it did give both Pam and J.R. a closure arc. In the end, it did add something to the show's myth, which is more than I can say for the cartoon monstrosity of Peach Dynasty.

• Like Like x 2
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1