I hate Paige

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by Chris2, Nov 19, 2017.

1. CMQ

CMQ Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Although her first season was plagued by weak and sloppy character-plotting I was always gripped by Nicollette's portrayal of Paige, I think she brought qualities to the role that made her a really compelling character. Especially from S10-S14.
    I have come to realise though that people are very polarised by Nicollette Sheridan. They either love her or hate her.
    I clearly fall into the former.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,420
    She turned the MacKenzie household upside down, it wasn't only about how or who she was.
    I don't think it's necessary to have such strong feelings towards every soap character in order to enjoy them.
    I often enjoyed Greg Sumner but I wouldn't say he's one of my all-time favourite characters. I really liked Chip Roberts, Joshua Rush, Pat Williams and Danny Waleska.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,177
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I also have mixed feelings about Paige. On the contrary, I do love Nicollette Sheridan and really appreciate what she brought to both KL and Desperate Housewives. Re Paige, I felt that she was retconned too many times, though more subtly than in any other soap.

She was more used as a plot device than as a solid character, and the show eventually resented from that, IMHO, thus she wasn´t too interesting in the last couple of seasons. She was "generic hot blonde with a familiar past", so to say. The Abster could´ve never been defined like that. And Linda soon proved to be quite a menace for Paige as a character. If you ask me, Paige did a few slutty things, especially going after recent widow Greg (Laura probably did a big eye-rolling in Soap Heaven...).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +338
    I thought Paige was spoiled, until I saw Linda.

Paige is a good character, full of complexities and played very well by Nicollette Sheridan.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Paige came in at the end of season 7 with little to no definition...so I can see why Latham and co focused on here hardcore when they took over in season 8...sadly, they didn't do for Paige what the show did in season 2/3 with Abby....having Paige mix it up with the neighbors and getting their two cents..ither then one scene of Lilimae thinking Paige was hiding something.

By season 11/12..she had become the main character due to Laura/Abby leaving the show...bit in season 13...they basically gave her Val esque stories (falling for a guy instantly, said guy being psycho, Paige beli3ving him and lookimy gullible, Paige being trusting, then Paige getting shot, kidnapped, not walking then having psycho ex in th3 backseat of her car as the season 13 cliffhanger.

Season 14 restored Paige...and the reunion movie r3inforced that Paige wouldn't stay with someone that didn't want the same.things as her.

6. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I actually liked Paige when she came on near the conclusion of Season 7, but she did wear on me after a while. I didn't like how she seemed to be "up front" ahead of the characters that I certainly preferred more than her. Does she have some good moments? Definitely. Was she one of my favorites? Nope.