1. Check Out Our Musical Secret Santa

Coming to Soap Chat this Christmas

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

I Love Lucy

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by ClassyCo, Jul 4, 2018.

1. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +551
    Some months ago, I started a thread dedicated to Lucille Ball and all four of her sitcoms, but it never really got off the ground.

So I decided to start a new one centered on I Love Lucy itself, her shining success. It was the highest-rated TV show four out of its six seasons, and spawned an hour-long version, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, after it concluded its initial run in 1957.

I Love Lucy is one of the most popular TV shows in the history of the medium. It enjoys equal popularity with critics and audiences alike, even to this day. For the past several years, CBS --- the show's original network --- has colorized some of the series' more well-known episodes and aired them as specials. The ratings for these colorized specials prove how popular the show still is.

upload_2018-7-4_18-13-30.png

Does anyone have any thoughts on this show? Are you a fan? Any episodes stick out as your favorites?

I own the entire series on DVD. I purchased the first three seasons off of Amazon, while my mother bought me the rest of the series as a Christmas gift when they were own sale at Walmart some five years ago perhaps.

Let's kick-start this thread the right way and give America's First Lady of Comedy the recognition she deserves.

2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,738
    I've never understood why they didn't structure the hour-long Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour to be divisible into two two-part half hour segments and just make them part of the I LOVE LUCY syndication package.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +551
    I've seen them in syndication where they did just that, and they re-titled it We Love Lucy.

4. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,738
    Exhale...…… I never said they hadn't eventually been syndicated.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +551
    And I didn't say you said that, either.

But you did say that you didn't understand why The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour was never included as a part of the I Love Lucy syndication package. Therefore, I stated that I seen the hour-long episodes in syndication, edited down to fit in half-hour slots, and were given the new name of We Love Lucy.

Nothing more.