1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

I miss DALLAS

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by SaveDallasCMT, Sep 26, 2016.

1. SaveDallasCMT

SaveDallasCMT Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +44
    image.jpeg
    I wish DALLAS would get a new season of 13 episodes on some network or even a 2 or 4-hour movie to give some sort of conclusion to the season 3 finale. With all these TV remakes and reboots going on you would think there would be one network out there willing to take a chance on the show.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,819
    We can only live in hope however the moment some network announces their interest in resurrecting Dallas I'll send them an email to NOT have Cynthia Cidre involved.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,611
    Well I think the problem is that one network did, as it was brought back on TNT.
    It's a shame it wasn't the hit we hoped it would be. But the writing clearly failed the show and Larry dying a few months into the new run didn't help matters either. For many people JR was Dallas and without JR there would be no Dallas.:(

I believe the show could have gone on without him but then the younger characters needed to carry the show and well they really didn't as it got too plot driven.

So well I don't think Dallas will come back again. But I hope some channel at least will have the decency to do a reunion movie to wrap up almost 40 years of history in a more satisfying way than what Dallas TNT ended with. I think we, the fans, deserve that kind of closure.

P.S. I really miss our old threads where we discussed the new Dallas episodes each week. It was such an exciting time to be a Dallas fan! :) D.S.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +774
    I miss the show too, even though I didn't like the direction it went in the third season.

Christopher's death angered me beyond belief. I was glad it got cancelled before it did irreparable damage to the shows reputation. :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +527
    If whichever network that decides to resurrect Dallas we should check to see if any of the posters here are owed any favors by the person who runs that network. If so, I say we call in our markers and make sure Cynthia Cidre doesn't get hired or involved in any way. If someone here has a friend like Judge Hooker on Dallas I say we get him to grant us the right to serve Cidre with a restraining order that orders her to stay at least 500 yards away from any set where the resurrected Dallas is being made, LOL!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +774
    The rights to Dallas are owned by Warner Bros following their acquisition of the Lorimar Television production company in 1988.

It will be up to them if they want to revive the Dallas brand.

However, if Dallas were to return I suspect it would now be a reboot with new actors playing the roles. I sincerely doubt we will get another continuation series, after the disastrous performance worldwide of the TNT Cyntax Dallas series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,540
    Ruthless!!:lmao:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,819
    This raises an interesting issue. With the NEWS recently of a Dynasty rebirth could we have accepted a similar scenario with Dallas as a reboot? Personally I don't believe Dallas fans around the world would have been so forgiving. It's hard to imagine J.R., being played by anyone else than Larry Hagman. With its vast history Dallas could only go on as a continuation. There are millions of Dallas fans still kicking from the original series run but the Dallas TNT version had everything going against it from the get go. First of all Larry's health was declining. Secondly we had a show-runner that had no clue what made Dallas so successful. When then had to deal with the decision to ignore the reunion movies therefore suspending belief that Christopher was about to marry his cousin. There was the inclusion of the Ramos and Ryland families.

I'd be fascinated to learn why the producers of Dynasty 2.0 decided on a reboot. We may learn more if a pilot is given the green light. Perhaps they saw and acknowledge the failure of Dallas TNT.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,726
    There had been reports of moves for a continuation previously but they never went ahead with it. The failure of TNT Dallas may well have been the impetus for going the other way but, given that, it's something of a surprise that they're going there at all.

10. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,819
    I'll admit I know nothing how a program is produced however, is it feasible that someone (let's say Netflix) could approach Warner Bros. and request a creative license to produce their version of Dallas? Netflix obviously is doing this with Gilmore Girls and Fuller House.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ferney

Ferney Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +168
    Brenda Strong guest-starred on Notorious last week. She has longer hair and she even looks prettier than she did on Dallas. She did a great job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +774
    Who was she playing, Red Rum!! :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. JRandSueEllenForever

JRandSueEllenForever Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I miss Dallas too. I miss how busy and lively this board used to be, and I miss the live chatting while watching the show. I have been a Dallas fan since I was 12 years old, and today I still enjoy watching my DVDs every so often. My family teases me over my obsession, but they admit they enjoy it too.

When Hagman passed away, I still held onto hope that Josh and Jesse could carry the show. Though I wasn’t a big Jesse fan, I knew he had a lot of fans and I personally loved Josh and thought he had the talent to keep it successful. But sadly the writing was a mistake in a lot of ways. This should have been a show about the next generation Ewings, yet it was more about Mexican drug cartels, a lot of evil and violence, and more Rylands and Ramos characters than actual Ewings. I got pissed every time they introduced another non Ewing character. There were more next generation Ewings that should have been on the show, such as Lucas and Margaret.

Of course I’d love a reunion movie, just to see who this daughter of JR’s turns out to be. Who was the mother? Is Christopher really dead? Who is the father of Elena’s baby? Does Cliff stay in prison? Do John Ross and Pamela ever get back together? Do Bobby and Ann separate? I would have loved to see a John Ross Ewing IV born.

I guess things could never be “tied up” in a nice little ending with satisfactory closure. After all, the Ewings are like family to us all, and we never want them to end. If Days of Our Lives can go on forever, why not Dallas??

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. JR's Son

JR's Son Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Been waiting to find out if Christopher did die.

hope not :rip:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I also would have loved to have seen the birth of John Ross Ewing, IV. There so many possibilities with the show that were not even explored. Instead of the trials and tribulations of the Ewing Family we get Mexican cartel and the Romas Family.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,819
    Above all else, I miss this...

That iconic intro. For the next hour I WAS going to be entertained.​

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Elizabeth Ewins

Elizabeth Ewins Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I am very sorry to say this:But I think that Dallases time is over. I just cannot get over missing Larry Hagman and I cannot bear to see another dallas without him. But I would love the original Dallas brought back again!

18. southfork88

southfork88 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    Dallas.2012.S03E15 1193.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. southfork88

southfork88 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,206