I think by now we should have gotten season 3 on DVD...

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by MarkSinacori, Apr 12, 2018.

1. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Perfect Strangers is getting season 3 now on DVD and they took a long, long time to release that. I think by the same company. Plus, most older shows should be focused on now to get releases, as a lot of them already have been completed like Dynasty, Dallas, The Colby's, Melrose Place, BH 90210, Party Of Five, and many many others that were sitcoms back in the days.

There are a small handful of shows that need more seasons to release or haven't been released at all and this show is one of them.

I would think once the company is done releasing all the older series in full sets, they will start to focus on Knots Landing and Falcon Crest to release the rest of both.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,849
    Oh I wish they would release more of Knots Landing on DVD. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +120
    In time they will have no choice. Most of the old series they have will all be fully released and then they will have to start working on releasing more seasons. If we don't get anything in the next 3 years, I doubt we will get anything beyond season 2. But most series have already had full releases on DVD by now as most shows started getting released in the early 2000s and some a little later.

4. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,222
    Nah. They'll just keep re-packaging their big sellers ad infinitum. Why release Knots when they can simply re-package Friends for the twenty third time and make some easy money.

5. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,722
    That mystery project that some of the principal actors (especially DM) were speaking of several months ago could very well have been them getting together to do some 'extras' for a DVD release. Even if it was just a 'best of' compilation, it would be a nice anniversary tradition to start.

But I don't see the musical clearances and other red-tape issues any less of an issue today than they were ten years ago, so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

• Like Like x 1