I want to murder someone at work. She's evil incarnate.

Discussion in 'Rant Room' started by Alexis, May 25, 2017.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,113
    So I started a new job about 7 or 8 weeks ago. Long story short I love the job, I like most of the staff there and get on well with them all, and I'm well liked by them. I work randomly over three floors (It's an EMI unit for people with Dementia) but more so on a particular floor. On that floor the supervisor/manager is just... The worst. Ever. I actually hate her! On the other floors the managers all muck in and everybody helps out and gets the job done in as pleasant a way as possible.

Her floor feels like it was built on an ancient Indian burial ground. The moment the elevator opens and I step on to the floor at 07.45 I feel the Evil pawing at me. She doesn't manage, she barks orders and just expects people to do the impossible. She tells you what to do, she doesn't show you what to do. She's condescending, nasty, bitchy, and basically just a sour faced cow all day. The worst thing is I usually have to work a 12 hour shift with her breathing down my neck and firing orders at me. If she f**ks up or forgets to do something she blames other staff. If I bring something to her attention or to the Nurse in charge she quickly talks over me and says she is already on it and is dealing with it, when I know she isn't.

I cant work out if she just hates me personally or if she's this much of a Thunder C*nt to everyone. Actually no... She's like that to everyone as staff on other floors have mentioned it. And they feel sorry me when I have to work where she is.

As I'm new I thought I could ride it out and maybe it would change. It hasn't, it's got worse. Today I almost snapped told her to... Well, I wont say what I almost told her to go do.
    I cant do it anymore. I cant work with her. On my first day she had a full scale argument over what my duties were with the other manager. I was just caught in the middle while she screamed at this poor woman who burst into tears as soon as she left. She's demonic.

I talked to some of the co-workers I am friendly with and they have told me to go see the boss and tell her how I feel and that she may place me on another floor permanently or on the other 2 floors. I have been reluctant to do this as I have never had this kind of problem in all my working life. And I am just in the door and don't want to seem like a big stroppy diva.
    I do love the job and I like the staff but she's making me want to leave.

• Like Like x 5
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,559
    Do the complete opposite and pretend to like/admire her - a lot. Then carefully plot your scheme in order to take her down when she least expects it.
    She has to have a weak spot. Your mission is to find out what it is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SueEllenRules!

SueEllenRules! Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +547
    The Powers That Be seem determined and masterful at putting the absolute worst possible people in positions of power. The less competent and worse of a leader, the more likely you'll end up in management, especially if you're a total a$$hole and/or raving sociopath to boot. :eck:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,587
    I used to work with a girl like this - she was a hateful **** and thought that she ruled everything and everyone. The day she resigned was the happiest day of my life - she tried to contact me afterwards in a friendly way and is probably wondering now why I'm not interested.

Always remember it's HER not you. I'd distance yourself from her completely and if that doesn't work, put in a grievance. She'll shit herself.

5. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,113
    I ended up going to the boss. I just wasn't prepared to be in a job that I dreaded going to and to be spoken down to like a child. I was nervous about doing so but I am glad I did. I was told by my boss that the reason she kept putting me on that floor was because there had been complaints from staff for a long time about how the floor worked. There wasn't really any team work and everything was task orientated and there was no sense of working as a group. People said it was lonely and dull. She thought that I could have made the floor a bit more fun as I seemed to get on with most people.

I told her it just wasn't working and it was making me not want to work there. She asked what I thought the real problem was and I told her how I felt about he manager. That I was made to feel that I wasn't wanted on the floor, that I was snapped at, that I was made to feel I was incompetent. And that I thought she had no patience or desire to explain things. She said she knew she could be short with people and wasn't very chatty but that she had no idea it was that bad.

Anyways she had heard from a Nurse that I wasn't loving working that floor so she was aware of it, and that others had had similar feelings. She straight away said if I wasn't happy there she would change it as she wouldn't expect anyone to dread their job. And she was very helpful. She has arranged for me not to work that floor anymore. Well I still have these two weeks to work as I didn't want her to have to stress over covering 2 weeks rota. Then after that I will either be on different floors or on opposite shifts to her.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,587
    Delighted for you and well done for speaking out about it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,113
    Update on the crazy psycho bitch. Well a lot of drama has happened since I moved off that floor. I now work between the two other floors and love it. Since I left the hell floor the bitch of a manager has had a fall out with her one only friend at work. This girl finally snapped and called her out on her nastiness and her bad attitude and it ended up with them almost in a physical fight. That friend also got moved off the hell floor and isn't allowed to work with bitch manager ever again. Also the other co-manager left as she was plainly being bullied so she asked for a transfer to a new building. She said it was because it was closer to her, but everyone knows why she left. That meant the floor needed another manager. There have been 3 in the few short months since I left there. They all have had words with psycho bitch. They have all had any changes they have made been ignored and rejected, they have all been powerless to manage anything and they have either asked to come off the floor themselves or been removed at psycho bitch's request.

As well as that, other staff members came forward and spoke about her after I did. A few were also moved off the floor. It's caused lots of problems. Last night I learned from the last person they got to be co-manager with her that she was told explicitly that it was psycho bitch's floor, and that 4 people had all ready come and gone and that none of those people could change the floor that she certainly wouldn't be changing it either. WTF? How demented is that? These two then had a fight and the demon manager went to the boss fake crying and has now said she is being bullied at work! WTF!

Why wont they understand where the problem is? How can they not see that EVERY SINGLE PERSON that has worked with her has had a problem. Surely the problem isn't them... It's her? I have a feeling she may have threatened the boss in some way with saying she's being bullied at work.

I need to just kill her... Now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,229
    They're hard to kill with stick and rocks.

You're not imagining that. Narcissist-predators run the world. There are reasons for that I don't want bother typing because it will take a few paragraphs and no one will read it anyway.

But people might try reading M Scott Peck's "People of the Lie." (He also wrote the more upbeat "The Road Less Traveled"). You'll recognize the psychologies in there.

9. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,113
    But just imagine for a second knowing that everyone you work with hates you and thinks you are a dick and actually liking that. Being unwilling to even try to be nice and just shamelessly being a bitch. Ignoring any suggestions about management or any ideas from staff and just laying down totalitarian rules. Basically any suggestion that isn't yours is wrong. Always. That's it. She's always right.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. tommie

tommie Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    I'm sure she's not that bad honey.

11. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,113
    She's worse than you could imagine.

12. tommie

tommie Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    Don't try and be pleasant Alexis.

13. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,113
    Don't try so hard Tommie.

14. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +869
    Some of my mother’s direct descendants are like that. They lack empathy and conscience and get a high from manipulating/controlling and breaking down people and are chronic liars. The best thing is to remove them from your life where possible. Where possible, I’ve implemented no contact. One came to the house for two visits this year but I avoided it by clocking up over 130 miles walking during those 7 days. I blocked them on social media, have caller ID and Anonymous Call Blocking. One of them cut and twisted up my iPhone charging cable in June as revenge. It also invited itself around when it was my birthday but I wasn’t there. It then wrote up a birthday card, drew smiling faces in it, ripped up the birthday card, lay the birthday card pieces like a completed jigsaw on top of the envelope, put some paper in the kitchen bin to fill it up. Then carefully put the envelope on top of it, so I would see the card when I opened the bin. If you don’t act precisely as it wants, it tries to hurt you emotionally. Except that I’m not particularly emotional.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1