1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish Diana.....

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by TJames03, Dec 28, 2019.

1. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +906
    ....would have brought up to Karen again that she wouldn’t let any of the children see Sid before he went into surgery and died. I always thought that was at the heart of Diana’s anger towards Karen during the Chip fiasco.

2. micmic

micmic Soap Chat Active Member EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +351
    Didn’t exist :byebye:

3. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 9 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,168
    That's a very good idea. It would have added another layer to their contentious relationship that season.

4. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,518
    Chip could have used this plot point to further isolate Diana from her family (and thus make her stick closer to him), frequently pointing out to Diana how Karen "didn't want Diana to be happy" or "sought to replace Sid with Mack" in the family's lives. She seemed to march to his tune quite easily, and the whole idea of Diana resenting Karen moving on with Mack was often used to justify her attitude toward Mack, but not so much with Karen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TJames03

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +906
    Yes, Chip could have easily used what Karen did against her. I never believed that Diana ever liked Mack, no matter what. He was always an outsider usurping Sid’s place in the family.

6. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Would you all agree Diana was almost a meaner version of Karen without Karen's humor or warmth?

Abby, and to a lesser extent, Diana always called out Karen on her judgmental tendencies... it was partly why the audience couldn't ever hate Abby because she always deflated Karen's balloon.. and it was fab :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Jimmy Todd

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,168
    Good point. Did anyone else besides Abby ever point out to Karen that sometimes she can be a bit judgemental at times? I can't remember if Mack ever did.

8. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,518
    Paige once asked Michael, "Does it bother you, being raised by a yenta?" but that was not necessarily the same thing.

The original version of Linda Fairgate seemed to have been dreamed up just to hold up a giant mirror to Karen, but part of the comedy was that Karen didn't even recognize her own reflection.

9. TJames03

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +906
    Well, I loved it when Diana would go all crazy-eyed and flip out at Karen!

10. TJames03

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +906
    Diana always reminds me of Taffy from “Female Trouble!”

I can totally picture Diana and Karen reciting this dialog.....

11. Jimmy Todd

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,168
    Michael could have replied, "Well, in fairness to my mom, she and Dad provided us a good home and education, was a good role model in that she stood up for her beliefs, brought Dad's killers to justice, was a good friend and neighbor who forgave Gary for his role in what led to Sid's death, got Val's babies back, figured out Jill's murder by suicide plot, slapped Abby, and let her husband's long lost pretentious daughter to move in with her. The last one is the most important because I got to lose my virginity to a hot lady without leaving the house."
    I have to give Karen some love. Yes, she was a yenta who needed to be taken down a peg once in awhile, but she was a goid hearted woman. Plus, one of the underrated beauties in the cul-de-sac, imho.:love7:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019