1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I You Could Have Had JR Divorce Sue Ellen In Season 8 or 10, Who Would You Have Had Him Marry?

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Kenny Coyote, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,142
    Mandy is the woman JR should have married. She had something special that the other women he had affairs with didn't have. He truly missed her when she wasn't around. He loved spending time with her. He did things for her that he never did for any other girlfriend he had, and when he said "If it had been anyone it would have been you", I believed him.

Mandy had style, class, and she refused to be a kept woman. It wasn't until they had been seeing each other for about 2 years that she finally allowed him to buy her a condo. All the time up to then, she always refused a condo or apartment paid for by JR. She was proud that she made her own money and paid for her apartment by herself. She also didn't sleep around. She was only with 2 men in 5 seasons - first Cliff for a short time, and then JR for the entire rest of the time.

These are all good qualities and show she would have been the best candidate for a wife for JR and stepmother for John Ross. Also unlike Cally, she didn't look like a kid. Mandy was younger than JR but still of an appropriate age. Cally wasn't. Call also had nothing in her upbringing that would make her be able to fit in as a Ewing. Mandy was at least from a middle class or upper middle class family, and had much more of a compatible history for JR than Cally or anyone else did.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Maryann

Maryann Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Serena:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,494
    Katherine Wentworth. They both had money, brains, vulnerability, and evil. JR needed someone who could think on his level, and she was it! Forget playing nice! These two could have kicked everyone's asses and looked good doing it! Just think of Ewing Oil AND Wentworth Industries! Talk about power! And these two could have connected on a much more personal level. They both knew what is was like to have to put up with having a parent play favorites with their other siblings AND not be able to inherit their fathers' legacies! Oh, yeah. And they both liked hats! In my opinion, they are the best Dallas couple that never happened.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +785
    J.R. and Katherine would have been a fun couple but I feel like a relationship would have been more likely to develop circa season 6/7 than the later seasons.

If J.R. had divorced Ellen in season 8/10 and married anyone other than Mandy, it wouldn’t have made sense to me (with the exception of an OC) - not that I would have been happy to see him marry Mandy but I don’t think he would have married anyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Supreme

Threads:
    Civil Servant
    Ratings:
    +10,096
    I agree if JR was going to marry anyone other than Sue Ellen, then Mandy would be the one.

Swami

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Taylor Bennett Jr.

Taylor Bennett Jr. Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,225
    why not go all out and make it Pam? (Season 10 could have begun with JR in the shower - Pam's dream started a couple of episodes earlier and included the Bobby-in-shower part. Somehow the two of them were working together from the beginning, along with Ray Krebbs and Wanda Frick.)

If not Pam, I'd go with actress Connie Sellecca in a rare real-world crossover!

(please don't take the above seriously!)

7. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +577
    An older woman, like Mavis Anderson. Or Leslie Stewart.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Actor
    Ratings:
    +5,903
    Mandy was absolutely lovely, but I'd want the wife who'd cause the most amount of fireworks at Southfork. Kimberly would have been fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Supreme

Threads:
    Civil Servant
    Ratings:
    +10,096
    Not sure how you arrive at Mavis Anderson, even less so with the xanthous xanthodont that was Leslie Stewart - that would have been truly awful.

Unless JR was completely stocious, I simply cannot see him popping the question to that.

Swami

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Kenny Coyote

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,142
    I'm not sure those are real words. Are you sure you didn't invent them? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Supreme

Threads:
    Civil Servant
    Ratings:
    +10,096
    xanthous yellow or red-haired

xanthodont one with yellow teeth

I rest my case!

Swami

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 10 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,314
    I love learning new words! Thanks Swami:yeep:

And stocious is a Scottish word for drunk? That's what I found when I looked it up.

As far as who JR should marry and bring to SF, I would go with Mandy if they had written her as a bit more, uh, noble. For example, if she refused to sleep with JR while he was still married. That would have really set her apart from his usual girlfriends.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Kenny Coyote

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,142
    OK, that sounds good to me. How did you develop your vocabulary? Do you do anything specifically or does it just come naturally?

As for Leslie Stewart, I never found it believable that JR would have been attracted to her. She didn't seem to be his type at all. I thought season 4 was great for the first half and then went downhill when they introduced Leslie Stewart. I just didn't see the attraction. She wasn't the least bit ladylike. Or sincere. Of the great years of Dallas, that one had uncharacteristically bad dialogue. Remember Leslie asking JR: "Could you think of me as man? How about a soft man"? Cringe! Sure, that was what JR would have wanted - a woman who wanted to be seen as a soft man, right! That is just so incredibly unappealing. Her white hair too - great way to make a 40 year old woman look 50.

Takapa was a good storyline though, which saved the last half of season 4.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kenny Coyote

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,142
    Yes, it would have. She did feel conflicted about seeing him while he was married and for that reason took a long time before finally agreeing to sleep with him. They made it a point to have her repeatedly bring up that she didn't feel right about having a relationship while he was married. She felt bad about possibly being the cause of breaking up his marriage but JR convinced her by saying that his marriage was already over for reasons that had nothing to do with Mandy, but with JR and Sue Ellen constantly fighting for years and years and saying the divorce was imminent. He didn't make good on that - so that's on JR, not Mandy. Also, her turning down his offer to support her because she wanted to make her own money was noble.

15. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Supreme

Threads:
    Civil Servant
    Ratings:
    +10,096
    I was always good at English at school, one teacher in particular was keen in introducing unusual words into the vocabulary.

Swami

• Like Like x 2
  16. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Supreme

Threads:
    Civil Servant
    Ratings:
    +10,096
    Just think if they had repeated the white hair treatment with Granny Beaumont - it would have made her look about 140.

Swami

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,747
    Of all his mistresses and there were many, i think the one he did love was Mandy Winger

the one that I could see him with was Kimberley Cryder as she was ages with him
    and the one that made JR look like an old perv was marrying Cally who could have been his grandaughter and left a bitter taste! It made him look like a dirty old man

Long before she ever appeared in Dallas I thought Gayle Hunicutt looked like Sue Ellen but never bought the love of his life story. Womens magazines were commenting on this in 1979 long before she appeared in Dallas and her likeness to Linda Gray x

[​IMG]

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,612
    In a surprising twist, JR marries Lucy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,300
    Mandy was the obvious choice.

However he loved himself most of all, so maybe JR should've married himself! :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,300
    It's a planet in the Epsilon Gamma Hydra system! :D