If They Did a Wrap-up Film

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by Ray_Krebbs, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Ray_Krebbs

Ray_Krebbs Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +102
    If the powers that be were kind enough to wrap up the Dallas saga with a reunion film or mini series, what would happen? In my version we see Bobby still coming to terms over Christopher's death. Ann has left him, and he's making a life with McKay's daughter. Ray moves to the area to help on the ranch and brings Lucas into his life, and his paternity comes out into the open. Nicholas was caught behind the death and was shot dead by the police. Elena miscarried and left town. Pamela Rebecca wound up pregnant by John Ross, and he is doing his all to get his family back on the ranch. J.R.'s daughter was born to Katherine, and she wants her mother's shares of the company. A big fight ensues. The daughter lures her other half-brothers and nephew Jimmy to come to town. James forms a strong bond with Sue Ellen and decides to side with John Ross. Cliff manages to escape prison and struggles to get over the border.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,472
    Mmm, there's a lot there. Good ideas but it sounds more like a pilot than a wrap-up. Except that in a pilot I would expect to see Christopher's "death" turn out to be a ruse of some kind. In a wrap-up he'd likely stay dead.

3. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,771
    I was with you until you said James. Him I can do without!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,879
    I'd prefer a 5 part mini-series to wrap it up like it began. I'd put David Jacobs in charge of it and I'd disregard the entire Dallas TNT version just as they dissed the two reunion movies. I'd have it broadcast in 2018 to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Dallas and I'd try to get as many original cast members on board as possible. Ideal would be to see Bobby & Pam reunited. Okay so I know that will never happen. But that's what I'd love to see! :D

In any wrap up reunion movie based on the TNT version I would not want to see:
    - Christopher dead. He did not die from that explosion.
    - John Ross sister. A new character that is pointless in a reunion. Let's forget about her.
    - A rekindled romance between Bobby & Tracy as she was nothing but a weak recycle of the forbidden love story between Bobby & Pam to begin with!

What I would like to see however is:
    - Lucas, Jenna and Ray coming to town. Lucas finally knows that Bobby is his biological father. It causes drama and tension.
    - John Ross & PamBecca could have patched up their marriage and had a child that would forever tie the Ewings and Barnes together.
    - I'd want Cliff to get out of prison and make peace with PamBecca. I would also like to see a scene between Cliff & Afton.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,106
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Ray, I like a lot of things you mention, if not all (why can´t Chris´s death be just a nightmare?), I´d go for it if it would focus on the Ewings and Barneses only. I´d also add Margaret Krebbs to the mix, and Donna´s appearance with her, just to give them both the closure Donna deserved. About Tracey, well, after all, she was, of all the Bobbysockers, the one who was more like Pam, and not only in the family feud. I think you should take a look at my own "Dallas" sequel, "Ewing Empire":
    https://sites.google.com/site/imperioewing/home/ewing-empire/fanfic-index

Or maybe we should co-produce and co-write our own webseries to close the series? :pals:

6. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,450
    All of this sounds great except for the Tracey thing. I have no desire to see her again. Seriously, would it kill Bobby to be a bachelor?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,153
    Maybe JR's daughter could lure Lucas up to the hayloft in this movie, that would be a nice and fun reference to the very first episode and would make it a little "full circle". ;)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,037
    Him and Granny Beaumont both!

Swami

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christine

Christine Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +160
    How about this:

Bum: "John Ross, you wanted me to find your sister.
    Well sorry, I could not find her."

Wouldn't that be a really cool wrap-up scene to this extremely interesting (not) cliffhanger.

:D

• Like Like x 4
  10. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I'm fine with a wrap-up movie as long as Christopher didn't die.

I tried to watch season ten of the original Lorimar Dallas at one point shortly after I found out about Christopher & couldn't do it.

The thought of that little boy played originally by Joshua Harris in the original show now dead as an adult really got to me.

Shame on you Cidre! :(

• Like Like x 2
  11. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Totally wouldn't happen like that as everyone knows from the old forum that I'm, erm that Lucas is gay!

Could do the scene with Christopher maybe as played by Jesse Metcalfe, that would work too as it would be another Oooerr they're half-brothers as a nod to Ray & Lucy. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +418
    Not bad ideas but personally I'd like to see a movie and leave behind the TNT bull of the Ramos family and killing Chris and Pam. I'm not calling for another dream season thing - just a move on a c forget about them. Say years later Chris rehabilitated and whole Pam is dead story was set up by JR to get her shares from Cliff and leave her still alive and missing.

The agree with Ann having moved on but I'd leave an old man Bobby single on the ranch. I like being ray back and maybe an appearance by Donna and his kids.

I kind JRs daughter being with Katherine - Rebecca Wentworth Ewing - don't that beat all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +120
    They need to wrap it up nicely. The can't leave it a mess like they did with TNT. Just a limited several episode story to close up what mess TNT made when the series ended on there. Have Christopher alive, Nicholas dead, the Ramos family gone, bring some closure to Cliff.

• Like Like x 2
  14. cardiff1984

cardiff1984 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Great Idea

My plots would be.

: Christopher did not die and was put under protection by his supposed deceased mother?

Pamela Barnes Ewing death was a lie. Katherine Wentworth had her kidnapped back in 1987, with the help of her doctor. Cliff found out years later and helps Katherine in hiding. They then use the doctor to keep Pam away from the Ewing's.

: Pamela Rebecca discovers her father got a disease in the early 2000's, that messed with his brain, thus explaining his Godfather personality.

: Katherine breaks Cliff out of jail and threats to bring down the Ewings. Pam Reb, then puts her father in a dilemma. His disease proves, that there is a chance of redemption. It's either side with the Ewing's or side with Katherine.

:Luca's Krebbs comes to South Fork. Does he discover who his real father is?

: John Ross half sister is that of the daughter of Mandy Winger. Also he discover his half brother from Cally.

: Bobby and Ann suffer a marriage breakdown.

:Elena has John Ross baby.

: Pam makes her long awaited 31 year comeback?

: Ewing Oil returns?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,771
    Please God no. :shy6:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,106
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I have some of them already copyrighted, so be careful... :cool1:spinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +482
    Pam wakes up from the coma she's been in since she hit the tanker, and realizes the last 29 years have all been a bad dream.

Her body has been meticulously reconstructed by surgeons, and she has no fatal disease. Cally, the Stevens sisters, James, the McKays, the Rylands, and the Ramos clan were all figments of her imagination. Sue Ellen's the mayor of Dallas, Bobby's still ranching, Cliff became CEO of West Star, and John Ross and Christopher run Ewing Energy Company. They find themselves at odds with oil cartels, rather than drug cartels.

Miss Ellie, Clayton, and JR have all passed, and have been laid to rest on Southfork. Wes Parmalee dies, and leaves John Ross and Christopher some West Star stock. This reignites the possibility that he might have really been Jock. John Ross and Christopher take this opportunity to try to have Cliff removed as CEO. Bobby sides with them, while Pam sides with Cliff. They all jockey for controlling interest in the company, while Cliff's daughter tries to intercept any deals made with Ewing Energy Company. Bobby and Pam renew their vows, but struggle to keep the Barnes/Ewing feud from ruining their marriage again. They vow to leave it at the door after work.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Really!

Well as Executor of the estates of both Frankie Feckarse (of FeckArse industries) and Fanny Footstool (of Fanny Footstool International) you need to be careful too, as the rights to Dallas are owned by Larimor Television which is a subsiduary of Warner Horizon.

Any attempt to breach Dallas copyright will be met with a lawsuit.

However since that inept Cyntax Producer Cynthia Cidre was the worst offender for breaching Dallas copyright we will say no more. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Don't worry about him, he got knocked down by some woman wearing a blonde wig & wearing a big hat a few years ago! :D

• Funny Funny x 1