1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Imagine a new romance between...

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Abbytch, Sep 19, 2016.

?

imagine a new romance

Poll closed Sep 26, 2016.
  1. Dex and fallon

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Dex and Krystle

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Alexis and Jeff

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Steven and Jeff

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  5. Jeff and dominique ( instead of Lady Ashley)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Jeff and Claudia

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Abbytch

Abbytch Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1
    what if we imagine a new romance

2. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,484
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    What about Alexis falling from someone who´s really nice but also funny, clever and successful...and who eventually realizes what kind of woman she actually is...and eventually walks out on her, as if she were an ordinary Scarlett O´Hara?

What about Adam marrying someone who is a lot more conniving and dangerous than he ever was...and who is trying to use him to get DC or Colbyco for herself, all secretly, of course?

• Like Like x 3
  3. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,596
    We saw Jeff and Claudia together, remarkably she was literally one of the few women not to have joined the "long line of Mrs Colby's"

Ben and Claudia would've been amazing in season 7 had she stayed on.

Kirby and Steven funnily enough would look cute together, much better than Jeff and Kirby.

Had PSM stayed for season 5 I'd like for Fallon to pursue Dex, while Amanda would go after Jeff

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,682
    I love the idea of Ben gaslighting Claudia for some reason. Maybe to have her declared insane to gain legal possession of something important. I don't know what but I love the idea of that pairing. With Ben appearing to be caring and sympathetic but really he is pulling the strings and driving her insane.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,543
    Isn't that kind've what Dex was like, though? I suppose he was only like that in a general sense, and it was she who walked out on him, though he did cut her pretty deep a few times.

Perhaps, during season 7, Alexis could have had that type of romance, only for Mr. Perfect to dump her towards the end of the season while she withers on the Carrington staircase?

Not a bad idea. :D

HAH! She was too smart for him. Lol! ;)

I like that idea too. I really do. :D But what could he be trying to get off her? Surely not her precious oil well from the previous season? ;) Oh wait, didn't Claudia tell Adam towards the end of season 6 that she still "had one over him"? Like she knew something about him that would ruin him? Perhaps Ben gets wind of that, and tries to get Claudia to reveal what it is so he, Ben, can remove Adam from Alexis' life forever?

They would, I think. Cuz, y'know, that head-canon of mine that they lost their virginity to each other during their early teens on a lonely rainy afternoon. lol Hm, but I've wondered in the past, what if Kirby had been apart of the show since the beginning, with her crushing on Steven rather than Jeff...

...so that by season 2, Kirby is pursuing Steven, while Sammy Jo pursues Jeff, which peeves Fallon to no end. XD

I would have had Fallon be the first woman to meet Dex in season 3, and they have a one-night stand before Dex discovers Fallon is Alexis' daughter - and by that time, Dex has already, ahem, done the deed with Alexis. lol It would be a chance for Fallon (and of course PSM) to snark, "I had him first!"

As for Amanda and Jeff, I would have had him be in a long line of suitors for her, with it being a tie-breaker between him, Dex and Prince Michael. She marries Michael, but he dies, and she seeks comfort in Jeff's arms... only for Fallon to come back from the dead.

6. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,543
    Oh yes, and the option of Jeff having a fling with Dominique in place of Lady Ashley... I quite like that too. X)

• Like Like x 1
  7. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,731
    I think Jeff and Alexis would have been a pretty easy transition from their close friendship in season 3... of course, things would go fabulously wrong (Alexis' character, Jeff's boring personality), not to mention the conflict between Alexis/Fallon and the fact that Jeff would still love Fallon while being with Alexis... and then Jeff could turn to Dominique in season 5, providing Alexis and Dominique an actual reason to hate each other/argue, and Dominique something of slight consequence to do.

Eeeeew at Dex and Krystle. Although Dex and Fallon probably would have happened had Fallon/PSM stuck around.

Of course, Steven and Jeff was THE secret-sex-in-the-Carrington-pantry story that SHOULD have happened! lmao

• Like Like x 2
  8. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    Jeff & Alexis...it was meant to be yet it never happened. But at least I can fantasize about it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,543
    I like all of that except the Steven and Jeff stuff, because Steven could do so much better. lol

10. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,543
    We all fantasize about what could have been. Siiiigh....

11. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,596
    Jeff and Alexis were better off as friends, and Alexis didn't have many of those now did she!

I think Amanda and Tony would've been awesome, almost parallel with Fallon and Michael Culhane
    If I were in charge of Dynasty I would've put Krystle and Matthew together just for a season or two
    They did look good together.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    Crash or not, the Jeff-bashing continues. Just so uncalled-for:lmao:
    However, I do like this argument:
    Come to think of it, how many Dynasty characters had friends? And I don't mean like Krystle being super-friendly towards everybody, that's not the same.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,543
    Oh, I was referring to *everything* that "could have been" on the show, not just any Jeff/Alexis stuff. Though you do make a good argument about them staying friends. :)

Yes, they're one of my favorite "could have been" couples. Plus, unlike Fallon/Michael, Amanda/Tony could have been a more sincere and sweet pairing, and possibly a tragic one too, given Paul Keenan's real life death.

That's an interesting idea, though how would it all play out?

Heh, sorry. But crash or not, I still don't like Jeff. However, I am going to keep a check on how much I bash him. After all, whether I like him or not, he was still an important character and I'd still keep him on the show. I'd either re-write him so that he actually is the "nice boy" the show made him out to be, or I would re-write everyone else's reaction to him so that he gets called out on his bad behavior more often. And both choices appeal equally to me. lol

After re-watching some of season 2, there was a line Fallon said in the finale about her friends attending Alexis' party. I thought, "Fallon! *You* have *FRIENDS*?!" 0_0

However, on second thought, Fallon having friends would make sense: she's a socialite and the daughter of one of the richest men in America. Of course she'd have friends, she'd probably have them in droves, both fake friends and real ones. In fact, it could have been a nice little detail if Fallon did have friends who visited on occasion, and they ranged from real confidants to the phony social-climbers (Fallon would only keep the latter ones around because they amused her and she'd laugh at them behind their backs).

Steven, however, always seemed more shy and introverted, and so wouldn't have that many friends. He did have that one lawyer friend he was roommates with in seasons 3 and 4, right? Steven would have a small number of close friends rather than a whole gaggle like Fallon would.

Blake did have friends in the beginning, arguably: Andrew Laird, his attorney, whom Blake described as his "best friend"; Joseph, his majordomo; and in season 1 Blake was supposed to be friends with Cecil Colby, although it was obviously more of a frienemy-ship.

Adam once said he didn't have any friends growing up and never really took the time to learn how to make friends, which explains his very poor social skills.

Amanda mentioned a couple of times hanging out with some friends but they were never onscreen or named, except for Kate Burrows, who was never seen. But a girl like Amanda I think would have the same amount and kind of friends as Fallon would.

Sammy Jo had a group of friends she made in season 2, but I don't remember too much about them, and they disappeared afterwards - although that makes sense, since people do fall out of touch, and SJ was living a lifestyle where making strong bonds of friendship wasn't a priority.

Kirby could have had friends, except she seemed like she would have been a shy child. Plus, its possible that, despite growing up around Fallon and Steven, all of their friends would have known that Kirby was only a servant's child and therefore wouldn't bother socializing with her.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,596
    Krystle did have those friends in season 1, and that one friend said everything would change now that Krystle would be marrying Blake and they'd lose touch, turns out she was right because we never saw them after season 1

15. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,596
    I always imagined Amanda being quite introverted, she would have a few very good and loyal friends but
    Would be very guarded on who she let into her life.

Jeff never mentioned having any friends (no surprise there )

Sammy Jo seemed to have a large circle of friends even in the 1991 reunion she mentioned them, whether they were the same friends she had in 1982 or 1984 is another matter.

16. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    How wicked!:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,543
    Sad, isn't it? :( And having them pop up every now and again would have been nice. They didn't need to appear in a whole bunch of episodes, just a handful every season, really. And they didn't even need to have lines sometimes, they could just be sitting in one of the rooms having tea while Krystle is summoned out into the hall by one of the main characters to discuss one of the main plots going on.

18. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,543
    Hm, y'know, that's actually pretty feasible. It would lessen the number of characters to think up names for, haha, but it would also tie into Amanda's depression, loneliness and suicide attempt in season 6.

Actually, on that train of thought, it would make her and Adam becoming close even sweeter: two loners finding common ground and always being there for each other. :D

You'd think he'd have at least a few friends... maybe some from college or boarding school, or maybe some pals from a gentlemen's club or something like that. lol

I recall a scene in season 6 where she's walking down the hall all glammed up, obviously about to go on a night on the town. She would have been perfect to showcase some crazy 80s club parties. :D

19. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,543
    How Fallon. ;)

20. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +204
    Adam & Sammy Jo would have been great - like FC´s Melissa & Lance

Dominique & Dex in S7, before she falls in love with Nick - it would have given her something to do and given some reason to fight Alexis

triangles:
    Amdan/Clay/Sammy Jo - Clay sleeping with both of them at the same time, then marrying Sammy Jo while Amanda learns she is pregnant.

Steven/Clay/ Sammy Jo or Steven/Josh/Sammy Jo

• Like Like x 1