In Loving Memory of Princess Diana

Discussion in 'Celebrity Scuttlebutt' started by Karin Schill, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,982
    I do think Camilla is an awful woman yes. I believe Diana would still be alive if she hadn't married Charles.

But that's funny about Germaine Greer - is she well known in the US?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +3,527
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    I just find it astounding that so many people who seem to think JR, albeit fictional, was a dreamboat also see Charles as a terrible person, despite the fact that Charles was in love with one other woman and JR cheated with every skirt which sashayed in front of him.

3. Karin Schill
    Sunshine

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,460
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    Well maybe Charles would have married Camilla from the beginning if Camilla hadn't made the choice in marrying Andrew Parker-Bowles while Charles was in the navy or something like that. :(

Charles and Diana's marriage didn't stand much of a chance as Charles never got over Camilla. It was not fair to Diana the way they started cheating on her behind her back. Like Diana herself said. "They were three people in the marriage so it was getting a bit crowded!"

I also believe that Diana would still have been alive if she hadn't married Charles. But then we wouldn't have known who she was and William, Harry, George and Charlotte wouldn't have existed either so I can't wish for history to be changed even though I must admit that I do wish Diana and Charles had stayed married. Because if they had Diana wouldn't have been dead either. It was due to the divorce she gave up her bodyguard and that's why she was with Dodi at the time of the accident.

Then again as much as I love Diana, at the end of the day she probably would have survived the accident if she had only strapped her seatbelt on! :(

So at the end of the day Princess Diana died in a drink and drive accident due to not wearing her seatbelt. So I think we can all learn something from her death.
    1) Don't go with a drunk driver
    2) Always wear your seatbelt

It's sad but it's true and no I am not forgetting about the Paparazzi's role in this. In fact their involvement in her death is the sole reason why I dislike paparazzi photos even today!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  4. James from London

James from London Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,275
    But it's easier to look at it that way when you want to sit in judgement over people you don't know. ("This one's awful, that one's beautiful and blameless.") Otherwise, you'd have to accept the mundane truth that they're all just human beings who are as contradictory as the rest of us and you can't possibly really know them well enough to judge them. But where's the fun in that? Much better to reduce them to soap opera characters, to fictionalise them, and then take sides.

5. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,527
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    Well, that sounds wise. But I'm quite comfortable qualifying Greer as awful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Daniel Avery
    No Mood

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    Original Member Since:
    June 10, 2000
    It never really occurred to me that if Charles had married Camilla in the 1980s, they could have had children. She always seemed "old," when in fact she was almost exactly Charles's age (mid-30s). Obviously she was no Diana in the looks department, but then Charles was no Prince Harry, either. They could have had a boring wedding, created a few boring kids and led boring lives nobody was really interested in. It would have been a very different world, for sure. Diana would likely have married well anyway, though nothing that would have turned her into a worldwide icon. Her life would have likely been a thousand percent better, and we would never have known who she was.

7. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,982
    Sadly I truly believe there was more to her death than paparazzi and also there is a fascinating book that claims the blood sample of Henri Paul was switched. You should read it 'The Murder of Princess Diana'. I firmly believe that M15/6 and Prince Philip had a firm role in her death.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,527
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    Even though I've never really been convinced about a conspiracy in Diana's death, there have been some weird anomalies in the press reporting over the years where major news organizations have talked about internal scandals regarding the blood samples of Henri Paul being switched or tainted or of real suspicion, and then the story suddenly being dropped into nowhere.

And it's certainly easy to believe the worst about Prince Philip, the Sith Lord.

9. Karin Schill
    Sunshine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,460
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    Maybe I am naive but I really do believe that Diana's death was caused by an accident.

Even though it is a bit weird how that fiat that was first reported as driving in front of them in the tunnel has never been found. :confuse:

10. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,527
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    There are a number of different stories about what happened to that white Fiat Uno, including it winding up burned in a gov't impound lot, the reporter who'd supposedly owned it a victim of a suspicious suicide.

But who the heck knows?

Was Prince Philip or the intelligence services really all that worried that Diana was going to shack up with a land mine and, hence, sully the image of the future king, William -- and the spare, the one with Hewitt's hair?

Diana had told people that the royal family might try to kill her in a vehicular crash, plane or car. Yet I suspect poor, sad Diana would up, rather coincidentally, having a fatal car crash totally by accident.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  11. Willie Oleson
    Cheerful

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,816
    Original Member Since:
    April 2002
    That's why I struggle with the conspiracy theory that she was murdered.
    The marriage was over, Diana had already made her (firm) statements in the media - it seemed to me they were all ready to move on.

Maybe some evidence has been tampered with, in that case I suspect to avoid a conspiracy theory, because the people wouldn't want to believe it was an ordinary accident.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,527
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    Fascinating!

13. Willie Oleson
    Cheerful

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,816
    Original Member Since:
    April 2002
    Most things in life are boring and random, and the real sinister stuff is usually too sinister to comprehend.

14. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,527
    Original Member Since:
    September 2000
    Probably, which is why I can't comprehend why anyone would assassinate Diana.

15. Mel O’Drama
    No Mood

Mel O’Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,853
    Original Member Since:
    28th September 2008
    A floral tribute to Diana, Princess of Wales, displayed as part of a town's well dressing celebrations, has been described as "horrific" and "awful".

The memorial displayed in Chesterfield Market Place marks the 20th anniversary of the death of the princess.

However, the portrait has been mocked on social media, with some saying it looked more like Worzel Gummidge.

Chesterfield Borough Council said it hoped the design would bring more people to the town.

The authority published the pictures of the memorial on its Facebook page earlier, attracting mixed reviews.

Gayla Tuckley thought it was an "insult to Diana", while Catherine Bunten commented she was "crying with laughter".

Richard Wilkins said it looked more like Worzel Gummidge, a living scarecrow played by Jon Pertwee, in the children's 1979 TV show, while Julie White commented: "I appreciate all the work that goes into the dressing of a well but this is just awful."

The pictures have since gone viral, provoking many more comments, including one by Welbeck Kane who said: "I live here [Chesterfield] and, let me tell you, I can feel its eyes on me, even now in my house."

A spokesman for the authority said: "The well dressing is produced by 14 volunteers using the ancient Derbyshire art of well dressing, which involves creating designs from flower petals and other natural materials.

"All art is meant to be a talking point and that certainly seems to be the case with this year's design.

"The well dressing is designed to attract visitors to the area and if the publicity encourages more people to come and experience our historic market town and local shops then that can only be good for Chesterfield."

The well dressings are on display until Saturday.

[​IMG]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...princess-diana-tribute-in-chesterfield-mocked

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,982
    I do think it is naïve (not just you Karin) to think that someone who caused so much trouble for an elitist organisation (known as The Firm), died in a simple accident. The book is very very interesting, I do recommend it. We will never know for sure, because the Royals - like similar families - get away with doing whatever they like with no repurcussions.

17. Karin Schill
    Sunshine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,460
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    Thanks Sarah, but I'm gonna pass on reading that book since it won't make me feel any better to read that. I've made my peace with what I think happened to Princess Diana many years ago and believing it was an accident makes it easier for me to cope with. I mean nothing's gonna bring her back so what's the point? :rip:

Also that flower decoration sure wasn't flattering. You can tell who it's supposed to be but that's all. :giggle:

• Like Like x 1