Incredibly stupid things you've heard people say...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Snarky's Ghost, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,652
    Medals:
    Long, long ago, in a Hell's Kitchen hotel room far, far away, I was sleeping late and heard a couple of … ummm… lower class maids in the hallway just outside my door discussing hysterectomies and the associated post-surgical complications, with no attempt to be discreet.

One maid said to the other: "They take everything -- everything! All they leave is a phukcin' hole. They tell you that a man can't tell the difference, but he can! They just say that so you won't get depressed!!"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,991
    Medals:
    In college I had a job at a grocery store, so I was on the front line of 'stupid questions'. One that immediately jumps to mind was this snooty woman who snapped her fingers at me (never a good look) and asked me to take her to the 'dried plums'. I was already rolling my eyes over that whole finger-snapping thing (we were in Kroger's, not Neiman Marcus), so I walked her to the dried fruits and grabbed a container of prunes to show her. She got all snippy. "I asked for dried plums, not prunes. Don't you know the difference?" "What do you think prunes are?" I countered, getting progressively pissed off. If this had been 2019 rather than 1989 I would have just shown her the appropriate google search (prunes=dried plums). She rattled on about my not knowing my stock (I was 19 but I knew what prunes were, and what they had been, and she was considerably older than 19) and I walked away. She certainly needed some prunes, given her full-of-$hit attitude.

Similar to your experience with the indiscreet maids, I was in a fast-food place several years back and was forced to listen to a one-sided phone conversation some woman was having with a friend (a very close friend, by the sound of things) about her visit to the gynecologist. She was going on and on while I was just trying to eat my lunch. She made some comment that pushed me over the edge and I (melodramatically) picked up my tray, loudly slammed it onto the table, then got up, took my tray to move further away from her, and gave her a 'what the hell is your problem??' look as I passed. Fortunately she did realize (at that moment) how she was broadcasting her very intimate details to the entire dining room, though it was empty enough that I probably would not have heard this stuff if more people had been there to make noise. In this case it was as if she was saying it into the drive-through microphone. Of course I couldn't go far enough away to not hear her tell the person that she would 'call her back later'. My guess is the woman wanted to finish the detailed account of her gyno exam in a movie theater or on a bus.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Both of mine involve airports.

On leaving Rome in 2006, my mum and I overheard the man in front of us in the queue (from Belfast like me) saying 'I mean the spaghetti's good here but it's not like my wife makes. She has the chips (fries) piled high on the side......' I lost it.

Then last year I was coming back from Paris (also to Belfast in queue), and a ground stewardess was speaking in French and asking people to move out of the way for a wheelchair passenger. The girl in the queue (from Belfast) honest to God said to her boyfriend 'Why is she walking up and down the queue speaking French?' Her boyfriend said in bemusement 'We are in France' and she seriously went on to say 'Doesn't matter, not right to assume everyone speaks French!'

Oh Dear God....

Gotta love my wee country. :omg:

• Funny Funny x 1