Is 40 really, really old?

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Snarky's Ghost, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,298
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,132
    I'm not sure there's a hundred year cycle. More like a sixty year cycle.

The '80s were the '20s all over again. Sorta-kinda... So, 23 Skidoo and Grab It!

[​IMG]

The '50s were the 1890s all over again -- and people thought society started over again both times (translation: they forgot everything that happened before them). So that's where we are once again..... And while the 2010s may not seem like the '50s because it's not as overtly conservative, there are some really strong parallels and repetitions going on now.

Which would lead one to theorize that the 2020s will have more in common with the '60s... Will a president die in office or be assassinated during the early-2020s as happened in the last three cycles? It happened in 1963, 1901 and 1841...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,347
    :clap::clap::clap:

4. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,441
    This is true, the 10s are probably a more nightmarish version of the 50s, the divide between left and right has never been wider than now, in fact in the 50s you had segregation and now we've got
    "safe spaces" and I can see the 2020s generation (ie those born from 1998 to the early/mid 2010s) going through a major backlash and rebelling against older millennials, like how the hippies rebelled against the WW2 generation and 50s values, the next generation will backlash against the war on terror and millennial values, if the 60 year cycle is correct I can see this happening, only I don't think people will swing to the right or left of the political spectrum people will want centrism, but that's only my guess

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,006
    Honestly I think in Hollywood 40 is considered ancient for women, which is probably why that paper article made a fuss about the women on Dynasty being older.

It seems to me that there is a double standard in Hollywood that says that it doesn't matter how old the leading men are as they only get sexier when their hairs turns grey but that the women should always be young or at least look younger than they are.

I guess this is why most female stars careers tends to peak already when they are in their 20's or at least around 30.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Majorfanofshow

Majorfanofshow Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +53
    40 is the new 30

• Like Like x 1