Is Christopher Ewing dead or alive?

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by SaveDallasCMT, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +751
    I wasn't appalled, I was psychotic!

I wanted to kill her!

Sometimes I think back to that news being on the old Forum & not wanting to watch the third season. I've never bought that season three boxset & I never will.

I'll maybe send her a Christmas Card this year again. The last one was rigged to explode the second she opened it!! I'll maybe get another card the same. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,236
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    upload_2018-3-20_23-27-28.jpeg upload_2018-3-20_23-27-40.jpeg

"3....2....1....0!!"​

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +751
    That's exactly who I need to enlist to get her, Mr. Wile E. Coyote himself.

I've asked Daffy Duck to do something about her but he's always busy!

If Wile E. Coyote can't do it I might just have to do an Edgar Randolph & maybe get myself a shotgun, wait outside her offices & give her a big surprise when she comes out!! :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Jabari Lamar

Jabari Lamar Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16
    At the moment, Christopher Ewing is like Schrödinger's cat. He is both alive and dead, depending on your own perception.

I am personally most curious about J.R.'s secret daughter. Specifically I want to know what was so shocking about her, that made Bum go "I still can't believe it!" and comment to John Ross that J.R. was "still saving your ass," and thus made John Ross so happy and eager to find her? What was it about her that was going to be so beneficial to John Ross?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,565
    By this stage my care factor for Dallas was gone. Watching TNT Dallas was more frustration then enjoyment. What TNT Dallas desperately needed in Season 4 was a calming effect, not another character created exclusively by CC. Sure, the chances of JR Ewing having an unknown son or daughter out there were high given his appetite. But was it really necessary when there were other Ewing children out there? Lucas, James (as long as it was a recast) and the child of Cally come to mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jabari Lamar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Oh, I pretty much agree. I watched Season 3 mainly out of habit (along with a small hope that it could always get better at some point). And the idea of some illegitimate child of J.R.'s appearing was less shocking that it was supposed to be, due to the fact that we know he had at least two sons, and one grandson, out there already. I would have been fine with a return of James, even with Sasha Mitchell still playing him, as long as he brought Jimmy with him, I think that's the character with the most potential since he would be a blank slate to write, but even if you wanted to ignore those two, then Cally's son should have been brought in, since they brought her back for the funeral. They could have easily had her reveal her son to the family, feeling guilty that she kept him away from his heritage all his life, and that now that J.R. was dead the boy never got to meet his father. He'd be early 20's by then, the perfect age to join the show, and as another blank slate, he could be written as bad or good.

So a new daughter was not particularly that interesting, especially since Cidre already said the mother would be dead, and it would be someone we never heard of before. Nevertheless, I am just curious as to what the actual storyline planned was. Because, really, I just can't think of any reason why John Ross would be happy to meet some new half-sibling at this point. I've seen some fans suggest things like if she's Katherine's daughter maybe she's had some rights to the Wentworth fortune but that ship had sailed. What remained of Wentworth Industries that eventually became Barnes Global and then Ewing Global got seized by the Justice Department and the sold fully to Bobby and Sue Ellen.

7. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,565
    If TNT Dallas was granted another season it would have been interesting to watch this unknown daughter interact with Sue Ellen. Major conflict would have ensured while I believe John Ross would have relished the thought he had a half-sister. When CC announced the mother was long dead my initial reaction was it had to be Katherine since the writers had Bobby kill her off mid-sentence. Another opportunity to create drama between this unknown daughter and Bobby.

I could have lived with the shock value CC was creating here. Afterall. What were the chances JR had other offspring. My concern was the lack of thought considered to establishing a story arc to justify another intrusion. This is where CC and her motley crew let the series down.

8. johnmmil10

johnmmil10 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I think he is alive.

9. JR's Son

JR's Son Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,566
    • Like Like x 1
  11. JR's Son

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +96

12. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,565
    I remember reading this article and laughing out loud. It really proved to me how CC was the wrong choice for the continuation of Dallas. Her answer to one of the questions regarding why the need to jump the story 6 months confirmed this...."First, it’s exhausting to pick a season up a minute after the end of the last one. That really prevents you from coming up with fresh stories."

Really? Fresh stories my arse. Her vision of Dallas was over-reach, plot driven madness. And when asked about Tracey (played by Melinda Clarke) she comes up with this beauty, "I thought she had nice chemistry with Bobby and she played well in our Crayon box."

Crayon Box? What the hell does that even mean? Were the writers using crayons to come up with story ideas? This could explain a lot.

My rant is over.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. JR's Son

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +96
    That could be why the story-line stopped @Rove

hope there will be a comeback. :hat:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,141
    I hope for a comeback too. But if Dallas is ever to return it needs to be with a different team of writers. The show needs writers who actually loved the original Dallas and understood what made it so popular in the first place. Dallas was a character driven family drama. Not a plot twisted crime drama.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,889
    What a beautiful, poetic expression.

16. Jabari Lamar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Regardless of what the plans were, the bottom line is that no continuation was ever filmed or broadcast, so, as far as I'm concerned, Christopher's fate is up in the air. Just like when the original series ended with a very strong indication that J.R. was dead. So until it's definitively shown otherwise, I'm not conceding that Christopher is dead.

I assume that this was a fake-out, orchestrated by the Feds, as they put him in Witness Protection to keep him safe from Nicolas. A few months later, Nicolas is caught and killed, and Christopher returns and reconciles with Elena, marrying her and agreeing to raise her son, named Andrew Ewing, with her as his own. He assumes the boy is actually Nicolas' child, a belief which Elena encourages, but only she and John Ross know that there is a slight chance that John Ross may be the father. Sort of echoing Christopher's own upbringing, as Bobby knew he wasn't his biological father but loved him anyway, while J.R. still occasionally thought the boy might be his son.

That's my head-cannon, and I'm sticking to it!;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jabari Lamar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16
    While I'd love to see such a thing, aespecially as a I continue to watch Josh in The Arrangement and see how he's just getting better and better as a actor, and thus miss his portrayal of John Ross even more, I can't bare myself to hold out any remaining hope for a comback. I think due to the circumstances of how the show ended (via cancellation), and as the original cast members continue to age, it's highly unlikely that there will be a 2nd attempt at a continuation of the series. I think it's far more likely that if DALLAS is ever revived as a TV show, or miniseries or movie, it will be complete reboot, ala DYNASTY.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. JR's Son

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Great outlook,

but it seems Dallas Stars will only be too old when not on this planet anymore.

Even then CC kept them alive a bit longer :rip:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +751
    Cidre wouldn't know a good storyline unless it was tattooed on her backside!

And even then she wouldn't see it. :eck:

She was hopeless as showrunner for Dallas.

As one of my colleagues pointed out a long time ago (Toni) she was a showruiner not a showrunner. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  20. JR's Son

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Everyone thought Dallas was over last Century,

and I battled on to say there will be another. :loon:

It happened for a bit. :popcorn:

So here we are again wondering. :mo:

I bags Dallas will happen again. :elvis: