IT

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sarah, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,915
    Medals:
    So excited about seeing this. I'm a huge fan of the original and absolutely love Tim Curry as Pennywise (or as anyone!) but Stephen King has given this remake the nod of approval....!!!! Comes out in the UK and Ireland next Friday!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,904
    Medals:
    I am going to see the movie tonight, I can't wait to see IT :lolo:.

"WE ALL FLOAT"

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,915
    Medals:
    I went last night and I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed IT!!!

It is absolutely fabulous, very scary in parts, cast are amazing - a real credit to Stephen King and to the original Pennywise, Tim Curry. GO SEE IT!

• Like Like x 2
  4. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Medals:
    i saw IT last friday and here's my take i 1stly love the book to death and the only part i really hate is the forgetting at the end of the book. yes it's a spoiler but the book is over 30 years old now. i adore the tv movie and yes the 2nd part is weaker i'm not denying that. but Tim Curry i think was a far better Pennywise well they changed to much in the remake.

i hated them taking the slingshot part of the story out. them making it in the late 80's i hated and what i did like that they did put in was Eddie's mom in the book was a heavy over-protective woman the one in the tv movie the actress they cast honestly you'd think it was the kids grandmother instead of her mother as she looked to old to even have kids.

they got that right in the remake. them taking out beep beep Richie i didn't like and yes i know Pennywise says it but it's not the same. the dick jokes was not in the book and didn't need to be there. dick jokes can be funny but they went overboard. Eddie breaking his arm they got that right where that wasn't in the tv movie i don't think. Henry going along instead with his goons i didn't like. so in short the tv movie on some things did a far better jobs on some things, yet on other things the remake did better as well.

beverly the girl who was good in it looked older than 11 or 12 that she was suppose to maybe be. Henry and his goons i didn't like them making them older as they are suppose to be about the same age as well. yes i am nitpicky but i didn't hate it i did like it, i just wish that when they are going to make a film based off a book they stop doing the we want to do our own take shit that happens way to much. i think they did care about the source material i just wish it was more true to the book including the casting of Adam West i'm sorry that guy looked like him. them making Greta such a bitch yeah she is in the book but she didn't sign his cast at all in the book.

i liked the Mr. Keane part of the book when he sat down with eddie in his office and told him what was in his spray it fit better with the late 50's or early 60-'s when that wasn't known like it is today. and it was a really good moment where Mr. Keane in the book is written as being a guy who was felt to many to be a pretty weird guy and didn't take that much or even show he gave a damn about anyone and he steps out of character in the book and talks to Eddie like a kid while they are drinking a milkshake and eating licroice. sorry for poor spelling.

that was lost. the actor that played Beverly's father was fine. but the dude they got for the tv movie was far creepier and it worked better and them in both films left out Bevelry's mother. and them killing Mike's parents was stupid when in the book they are both alive. yes it sounds like i'm really picky it's just i really love the book that's all. i love the Original Salom's Lot far far better. the (1979) long version

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,904
    Medals:
    I love the new version of "IT" too, it was very scary but also with a lot of humor with the kids. The cast was indeed amazing, but the scenes was also beautiful filmed.

I can't wait for part 2, so i really need to read the new book from "IT" ;)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  6. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Medals:
    be warned you will get grossed out by Henry getting a handjob but but whats' even more disturbing is King going into full detail of the detail on how each of the boys are to bev during the orgy scene. storywise the reason they do it is cause it's after they defeat pennywise and they are scared shitless and are getting lost and they did that to help them find their way out. and it does end up working. but king didn't need to go into that much detail. still it's a really fantastic book and is among his best, also when you are done with it go back and the tv movie and you might like the film many don't but i love it. but you will see if it's been a long time since you last saw it on to some degree they are faithful to the book on some things.

i was trying not to put too many spoilers for those who haven't read the book or scene the film or the tv movie as well. if you've never read the book it's easier to say you love it if you don't know the story. and with king it's always a hit and miss. Dolores Clairborne is actually better than the book in my opinion. Shawshank is actually really faitful to the story and

the film actually goes a bit longer than the short story does. for the tv movie of IT it's been said well they cut this and that out well they'd would be right cause the film being 2 parts is far far too damn short for a film that should be way longer. a lot they could not show at all cause of the era was made nor did they have the budget for certain things nor the technology at the time either. some of the FX in that still work and some don't anymore but that doesn't bother me actually. another change they made in the remake was having Beverly have a reputation of being a slut and she's not in the film nor is that even in the book at all.

a king film that many don't like is The Stand and i think that's pretty faithful and yes they left shit out but here is the thing. there are 2 different versions of that book. the 1st came out in (1078) and is about i think 950 pages long. and that's the version the tv movie is based on but the start of it is taken from the uncut version which i forget how many pages they added i think it's 1,141 pages and that's my favorite King book of all time.

7. Clubsoda

Clubsoda Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +267
    I wasn't keen on the Pennywise scenes but looooved the kids together scenes. Reminded me of The Goonies.

8. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,786
    Medals:
  9. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Medals:
    Pennywise is the villian in case you didn't know. the kids scenes yes were good but the evil was the clown and also whatever form he took as well. i forget the name of his species is,

but has anyone here read the book i'm curious i've been listening to a really good stephen king podcast and they reminded me something i forgot. they took this out of the film too Mike's Relationship with his father where he was a really good father who had a really great relationship in the book. but they killed that in both films in fact cause his folks in the tv film isn't even in it at all. and in the remake they kill them and he's living with his grandfather i think it is. not the same thing at all, stuff like this is why i don't think the remake is the perfect adaptation cause it's not.

but it also is in no way a bad film either it is a pretty good film i think and i like that it has become no i love that it's now the most successeful R rated film of all time! which proves that R rated films can and will still make money

10. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,786
    Medals:
    I had no idea, but Bill Skarsgard looks cute.

11. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Medals:
    really? with that make-up he looks creepy to me. look who his older brother is for one thing Eric from True Blood. both are really good actors and i'm also a fan of his father as well