1. Festive Names

Do you want to change your name to something festive ?

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Dallas Character J.R.'s daughter

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by Justine, May 12, 2019.

1. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +701
    I'm not sure whether anyone else really cares but it's always bothered me that we didn't learn the identity of J.R.'s secret daughter since the show wasn't picked up for its fourth season.:mad: I know I've always had this theory in my mind:

Remember Leanne Rees from Call Girl (Season 2, Episode 20)
    [​IMG]

She and J.R. obviously had history:rolleyes: and the most important moment occurred in the scene when J.R. picks up the picture of her child (Spoiler alert: IT'S A GIRL).

She also seemed to have a perfect handle on J.R. - "All I ever did was sell myself, but you... you'd sell yourself, your family, your friends for power. J.R., you're a prized pimp." - so, maybe she had the common sense to hide away his child from him, rather than let him bully her into an abortion *coughcoughLeeAnncoughcough* or blackmail him

I'm still in debate about which actress should have been cast but she would have been a few years older than John Ross and probably just as devious:cool:

Also, Veronica Hamel is still absolutely beautiful and would have been a fabulous addition to the show
    [​IMG]

I'm interested to hear everybody else's views on who J.R.'s mystery daughter would have been...

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,301
    Medals:
    My preference at the time before it was revealed the show wasn't coming back would have been for Sarah Michelle Gellar to have played JR's daughter. It's probably because she's one of my favorite contemporary actresses and she's 4 years older than Josh Henderson. The mother IMHO would have been Julie Grey who had her hidden away at her mother's. I think that would have made sense since Julie and JR had a long back story of a love affair. Also since Julie met a tragic ending it could have made her daughter come to town with a grudge. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,361
    Medals:
    Nah ... as i know Cidre, it would have been the child of some mexican woman who was somehow related to those Ramoses and probably raped by JR. :re:

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Blizzard Channing

Blizzard Channing Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,593
    Medals:
    Cidre did say the mother was not anyone we knew from the original series. Which of course would have been yet another wasted opportunity. But Cidre was more interested in creating her own characters than drawing on the rich history at her disposal.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    I knew Cynthia had stated the mother was long dead but I wasn't aware she wasn't part of Lorimar Dallas. Another daft idea from The House of Cidre. Anyway. I've always had this idea if anyone was going to have JR's child it would be Serena. I cannot explain it but I would have picked her.
    Serena.jpg

6. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    ....and my choice to play JR's long lost daughter? Sienna Miller.

Sienna.jpg
    I would also use Sienna's real name as the character name as it's close to Serena. Sienna also has that hippy kind of vibe and she is the same age as Josh Henderson. Wouldn't it have been funny if John Ross and his sister were born the same year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,311
    Medals:
    Yup, that was my idea too - she was also gone for around 8 months, so that would've given her time to have a pregnancy off screen and a reason why she came back in early 1979.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Piggy It's Kermit Outside Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,176
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I did it in my own fanfic, "Ewing Empire"...

9. Treeviewer

Treeviewer Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,885
    Medals:
    I've always thought that James should have been Julie Grey's child. Referencing her in TNT Dallas would have been good too.

There's an online fanfic that makes Kimberly Cryder the mother.

10. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +219

That is my thought as well. Cidre was obsessed with everything Mexican so it makes sense that is what she would have done. It was bad enough the Ramos family and the Mexican Cartel and JR dying in some seedy Mexican hotel.

11. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +822
    Medals:
    SMG would be perfect......but, sadly, it prob would have been from some unknown Mexican character no one ever heard of before......

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +276
    I never understood this considering JR had so many kids. They could've easily recast James and since Cally appeared, why not bring on her child with JR? They could've made it a girl. I'm glad the show ended because I can only imagine how stupid Cidre's story would've been. Where is the show or appeal of giving JR another child when he has so many already?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,662
    Amen.

There's a difference between people who wish Dallas had ended after season did when they did am 18.6 rating and being glad Cidre's vanity project failed since her show's ratings were sub-zero!

14. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    With JR's philandering ways the odds of him having sired a child were pretty high so it was a plot I could have felt comfortable with. On the other hand we were informed the mother was long dead and not part of Lorimar Dallas. This is where Cynthia Cidre manages to lose me and I'm assuming many others. I wouldn't have minded the introduction of JR's daughter if only her mother had some connection to Lorimar Dallas. This however would have been another slap in the face for long time fans of Dallas with Cynthia creating another loopy story retconned into Lorimar Dallas.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. B.J. Ewing

B.J. Ewing Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Medals:
    I think I could live with this if the woman was Teresa.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,311
    Medals:
    I wouldn't have minded so much if it was a character created for pre-1978 or post-1991. I think it would also all depend on what age group they'd want the character is, but by all accounts I think she wanted the character to be close to John Ross's age group, or maybe a bit younger, which makes me believe that she would've unnecessarily and lazily retconned it into the original shows timeline, like she did with shoehorning Frank into Cliff's timeline.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +701
    So, you wouldn't have believed it if Miss Holly Harwood Jr. arrived? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,301
    Medals:
    I can't picture Holly having JR's child considering that she hated him. If she'd gotten pregnant I think she would have had an abortion. That's what Lucy did when she was raped and fell pregnant. :(

Julie on the other hand I can imagine having JR's child considering the fact that she seemed to really love him. It could have happened before the show started even. Or in the gap between season one and two when she went away. Before she came back and was murdered.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    Julie would have been a logical choice given her fondness for JR and her absence for a time could have easily produced a child. I'm now curious to revisit season 2 and see if Julie's behaviour changed with JR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Actor/Writer
    Ratings:
    +135

Didn't Cidre say "We would not know the mother or would have never known of her had we watched the original." I think she wanted the mother to be nobody we saw on the original show and that the mother was probably dead now or away or something. I thought I read an article where she said that.

• Informative Informative x 1