Jamie Ewing

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Billy Wall, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Top Jimmy

Top Jimmy Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +156
    Medals:
    As for Jenna, it seems to me that from the time she and Bobby met up after Pam abandoned Bobby and Bobby started seeing Jenna, she was faithful to him. Bobby promised to marry Jenna, got her pregnant, but then reneged on his promise to marry her. How do you then arrive at the conclusion that Jenna is a skank? Pre-marital sex?[/QUOTE]

Priscilla Presley's Jenna wasn't a skank, but you can describe Morgan Fairchild's version as one, given that she was running around with a much older married man, and it was implied that she had a dubious reputation. The subsequent writers ignored all this history with Jenna, by the time Priscilla began to portray her (although Katherine did call Jenna a "slut" during a confrontation with Bobby).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. Billy Wall

Billy Wall Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +168
    I’m on season 10 and April, who has been on the show for about 3 or 4 episodes have already offered herself to Jack (estranged husband), JR and Cliff.

3. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +876
    She really did offer herself to Cliff? Do your remember what she said to him or in what way she did that? I remember she slept with JR one or twice and I remember she had been married to Jack but I always got the impression she had no attraction to Cliff. Still, when I mentioned earlier how April went through a lot of personal growth from her debut on Dallas to her death, I wasn't exaggerating. She probably grew more as a person than in a 3 year period than any character in the show. She was the kind of woman in her early days on Dallas who would have slept with Cliff if it got her 5% of Ewing Oil. Of course a lot of people, with men and women, would be willing to sleep with someone they don't particularly like if it was going to help them get 100 million dollars! I'd estimate t's harder to find someone who wouldn't sleep with someone they didn't like if 100 million dollars were on the line.

You can't judge a character by picking out their worst moments - you have to go with the entire sum of their actions and say, yes, the good outweighs the bad, or vice versa.

4. Taylor Bennett Jr.

Taylor Bennett Jr. Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,146
    Marilee was a hero! Owner and president of an oil company, super-attractive in her 40s and beyond, sleeps with whatever guy she wants. If a JR can do that, why not her? (I guess JR could be considered a 'skank', too, though!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kenny Coyote

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +876
    I'm not sure if you're joking or not.

Yes, she was the owner of an oil company and she was what I think a lot of men of a similar age to hers would consider physically attractive, but attractiveness is based on a lot of things. Even with physical attractiveness, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, good thing too, or everyone would be attracted to the same few people leaving the vast majority unwanted by anyone and the human race would have become extinct long ago.

The other things that make up attractiveness are based closely on a person's philosophy. You can tell a lot about what kind person someone is by whom they find attractive. The woman who is about as discriminating when it comes to choosing a lover as a dog in heat will attract men with different principles and values than the woman who considers the act of making love sacred to the degree that she is determined to wait for marriage.

"If a JR can do that, why not her"? It's not a question of "can she do that" because we saw her do that, so yes she can do that. It's matter of "should she do that" or "why would she want to do that." That JR sleeps with anyone he wants doesn't make it good or admirable. I found it to be the least admirable thing about him since except for a few cases, it was adultery.

Marilee was a widow during most of Dallas so adultery no longer applied to her after the death of her husband. The questions "Is that behavior desirable or admirable" remain, however. Also you're comparing the behavior of a man to the behavior of a woman and the implied assumption there is: If a certain behavior is appropriate for a man, then it should be equally appropriate for a woman.

6. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,152
    Medals:
    I've always seen Jamie as a replacement for the recently departed Lucy, in the same way that Jack was a replacement for Bobby.

What the point was when they ended up giving her just as little to do, though, I couldn't say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,338
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    It´s in the dictionary:

skunk /skʌŋk/n ( pl skunks, skunk)
    1. any of various American musteline mammals of the subfamily Mephitinae, esp Mephitis mephitis (striped skunk), typically having a black and white coat and bushy tail: they eject an unpleasant-smelling fluid from the anal gland when attacked :eek:
    2. informal a despicable person :fp:
    3. the characters played by Priscilla Presley and Shalane McCall on"Dallas" :re:

Now seriously, I may be meaning the word with a "u" instead of the one with an "a"...but both sound deliciously fitting for them, and I´m saying this as a person whose third language is English like moi. Anyway, when I think about Jenna, I sum up all the things the three Jennas did and were against the Bobby-Pam and Ray-Donna marriages. And here little sweet Charlie played a big role in it as she was used by Jenna to manipulate Bobby (each of them in their own ways...). At least it´s my opinion and the Presley version is the worst of all because she wanted to look always so dignified (but she wasn´t!). So let's say that I consider them "skunks" (with a "u") because yes, I can see them looking like this:

[​IMG]
    - "Sweetie, pick up your things, we´re moving to Southfork finally, my wicked plan worked out..."
    - "Oh Mama, will you marry Bobby? Because girls at school will tell me we stink if you don´t..."​

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  8. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,338
    Medals:
    So isn´t this forum supposed to be based on jokes entirely...? And you tell me this NOW!!! :confuse:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Billy Wall

Billy Wall Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +168
    You can throw Jeremy Windell and maybe even Wes Parmelle to the list of guys April almost or wanted to sleep with. Both of those guys were old enough to be her dad. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +560
    Medals:
    Thank God I'm not the only one who got a lesbian vibe from Sue Ellen and Jamie!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,540
    Medals:
    Sue Ellen could do better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,717
    I didn't mind the introduction of Jamie Ewing and retconning Jason into the series since I've always been curious about the Ewing ancestry. For a series about THE Ewing's we knew so little about the name. We seem to have more knowledge and back story of the Southworth family.

It was the actress chosen to play the part of Jamie which irritates me to this day and whenever I wish to revisit Lorimar Dallas. In fact everytime I'm about to slip Disc 1 of Season 8 (per DVD release) into the Blue-ray player my hand trembles. I just know the love I had/have for this series is about to be shot to hell.

13. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,717
    Great combination of Sue Ellen and that dark/moody scene there Richard. I've always envisaged Dallas going to a dark place after the death of Bobby. If it was up to me I would have let JR Ewing off the leash and seek justice for the death of his brother....all the while JR is spiralling out of control physically and mentally because he knows he was partially responsible. Meanwhile the one woman, Sue Ellen, battered and bruised from the constant push/pull effect from JR continues to stand by her husband and then does the unthinkable. She has JR committed to a sanitarium and gets power of attorney to assume control of JR's portion of Ewing Oil.

Has anyone else thought of this idea? Sue Ellen assuming control of JR's interest in Ewing Oil while Pam has assumed control of Christopher's stake? Now there would have been an interesting twist. Sue Ellen begins to appreciate why JR is setting up Ewing Oil for John Ross while Pam is fixated on protecting the business for Christopher.

Dallas.jpg

Sue Ellen vs Pam = interesting.​

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,338
    Medals:
    Especially because Sue Ellen had always been a bitter b¡tch to any other woman at Southfork with Miss Ellie´s exception (most times). The Sue Ellen who welcomes Jamie with her open arms is not the same who bitched about Pam since Day One and called her names in front of Jock & Ellie. And she never was THAT close with Pam, and their friendship always was something to use for the convenience of the writers (to start with, before her second engagement to JR we didn´t even know that both women went to Mr. David together!).

Poor Pam did have a huge patience considering what she had to endure from (early) Lucy, Sue Ellen, Julie Grey, or the 3 Jenna´s, all that only for marrying the Ewing toyboy!!

upload_2019-2-23_4-12-27.png
    "Two Gary´s, two Daddy´s, three Jenna´s, two
    Miss Ellie´s, everybody has two faces in my
    life but me. Why is that?"​

15. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +318
    Wes Parmelle - was he French?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Taylor Bennett Jr.

Taylor Bennett Jr. Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,146
    oh Pamela, even you don't have much of the nose you were born with!

17. Kenny Coyote

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Are you saying she had a nose job before that picture was taken? It looks like that picture is from the episode where she went to the roof of The Store and almost jumped off but Bobby pulled her back and saved her life.

Anyway, if her nose looks different there than it did earlier in Dallas, you've got a better eye for that type of detail than I do. Not only do I not see a difference in her nose in that picture from how it was before, but I see no reason whatsoever why she would have thought she needed a nose job.

I know she did have some plastic surgery done around the time when I'm Dallas she was being kidnapped in the jungles of South America. When she returned to Texas from Colombia, her face did look different.

So I know she had surgery done then but I don't know she had already had surgery done at the time of the suicide attempt storyline. Interesting that despite trying to kill herself in that storyline, a little later on when Cliff tried to kill himself Pam really laid into him saying that suicide was one thing she thought he would never attempt - that she thought he was a better man than to try suicide.

Did Victoria also have plastic surgery done anywhere else besides her face? I thin she may had breast implants, not that she needed those either! But around the time when she's living at her mother's old house there's a scene where she's wearing bathing suit with the image of Marilyn Monroe on it, and she looked bigger than before, and there had been plenty of bathing suit scenes previous to that to compare. Besides, she looked extremely thin there. If you look at here in the first two seasons her legs are a little heavy - not much but certainly she had more body fat at that time than years later when she wore the Marilyn Monroe bathing suit. If a woman loses weight yet her breasts look bigger, she has had implants!

If anyone wants to post a screenshot of her in the Marilyn Monroe bathing suit and then post a screenshot of her in a bathing suit from the first or second season, that would be helpful, since as I stated, some people have a better eye for noticing plastic surgery than I do. I'll say this: If there's one woman who had no need for plastic surgery it would have to have been Victoria Principal!!!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,717
    But...it was worth the ride.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,031
    Medals:
    Wouldn't it be funny if they'd cast Harrison as the new Miss Ellie?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Jamie had no business just dropping in on them when they have never before met her and then freeloaded off of them. I saw no purpose in her character. I would have liked to have met Jason though.

• Agree Agree x 1