Jamie Ewing

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Billy Wall, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +876
    The purpose I saw in the character was Jamie enabled Cliff to have a chance at gaining majority ownership of Ewing Oil. Had the invalid document that Cliff and Jamie assumed were still valid been just a document between Jock and Digger (supposing there had been no Jason and therefore no Jamie) Cliff would have thought he had a chance at getting half ownership of Ewing Oil. With Jamie in the picture, and by marrying her, Cliff stood to control two thirds of Ewing Oil! It was a fun storyline. I liked the Wallace Windham character. He was a cool old guy and his testimony proved invaluable. It was also quite entertaining to hear him say that he met Digger just two or three times and he thought Digger was drunk every time, while Jason did all the talking. Fortunately for Windham, "Jason was greedy and stupid so he sold me their shares for a very low price."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +318
    I liked the resolution of the story too, even though it made Jock out to be too much of a saint, and it was a retcon if the Jock/Digger partnership.

What I don’t like, in retrospect, is Jack extorting 10% of Ewing Oil in exchange for doing the right thing. Jason and Digger had no claim on Ewing Oil and he knew it. JR was right about him (after Pam woke up). He’s having dinners at Southfield as if he did nothing wrong.

Of course, we knew that he got a piece of Ewing Oil so he could be an ersatz Bobby while Patrick was off the show.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ollie james

Ollie james Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Jamie so good they killed her twice...just to make sure she was gone!!

• Funny Funny x 1