Janet Jackson expecting first baby aged 50

Discussion in 'Celebrity Scuttlebutt' started by Richard Channing, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Singer Janet Jackson has officially confirmed she is expecting her first child, at the age of 50.

She told People magazine: "We thank God for our blessing", and posed for a picture with her growing baby bump.

Speculation about her pregnancy surfaced in April when she postponed her 'Unbreakable' tour, saying she wanted to focus on planning a family with her husband, Wissam Al Mana.

She was recently spotted in London shopping for baby essentials.

The People magazine quoted a source close to the Jackson family as saying: "She is super excited about her pregnancy and is doing extremely well. She actually feels very good about everything."

In a video posted on Twitter in April, she told her fans that she was postponing her world tour because "there's been a sudden change".

"I thought it was important that you be the first to know. My husband and I are planning our family," she said, adding: "Please if you can try and understand that its important that I do this now."

She went on to say: "I have to rest up, doctor's orders."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37630463

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,210
    She really did mean it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  4. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,521
    Medals:
    Hearty congratulations from the Swami!

Swami

5. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,043
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    We who watched "Fame" know that is NOT true... (about being her first) :spinning:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,176
    This was first revealed months ago...she must be far along by now! It was in the Enquirer or some other rag quite some time ago. Don't understand why it's only coming out officially now.

7. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,218
    I've heard it before too. I am happy for her and I hope she'll have a healthy baby.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,043
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Well, sooner or later, truth comes out...and this wasn´t a rumor at all! Just to keep things clear, it´s not my intention to judge any of the people involved. But sometimes hypocrisy is the name of the game for some celebrities, and the Jacksons are more hypocrite than the Lyons from "Empire"!

Janet Jackson's Ex-Husband James DeBarge Claims the Two Have a Secret Daughter Together

Janet Jackson's ex-husband, singer James DeBarge, just dropped an alleged baby bombshell.

In a newly released clip from WE TV's Growing Up Hip Hop, 53-year-old DeBarge claims that he has a secret daughter with Jackson. The "Rhythm Nation" singer eloped with DeBarge in 1984, but the marriage was annulled in 1985.

"I'm tired of the secrecy," DeBarge tells his daughter, Kristinia, when she confronts him about an article she read in which he discusses the claims. "I'm tired of the truth not coming forward, and people being a coward when it comes to it. And I thought it was wise for me to speak out now because it needs to be addressed."

"To be honest with you, I didn't know," he continues. "I was under the impression that there was no baby, and I wanted to believe it's not true. But it is."

ET has reached out to Jackson for comment.

Jackson, 50, is now pregnant with her first child with husband Wissam Al Mana. Jackson had a visible baby bump when she was spotted out and about in London, England, in late September, in pictures exclusively obtained by ET.

Last month, Jackson and her hubby stepped out again in London, holding hands. The singer's big pregnancy news came after she announced in April that she would be postponing her tour to start a family.

ET recently spoke to Jackson's good friend, Tyler Perry, who said he was "excited" for her pregnancy.

"She's just always been so extremely private and is laying low, and I just wish her all the best," Perry said. "I'm excited for her, because I know what that means."

"I think that is going to give her a sense of fulfillment that she's never had before," he added.

http://www.etonline.com/news/202631...aims_the_two_have_a_secret_daughter_together/

I knew it 30 years ago when I watched this (go to 2'15''):

Janet left "Fame" at the end of her only season because she was pregnant, though of course the "excuse" she gives now is that there was a lot of drugs on the set (which was true)...Live and let live, but not try to become the example of morality that you are not.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016