Jenna rejecting Jack - A vile metaphor for 80's AIDS homophobia?

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Julia's Gun, Oct 26, 2017.

1. IDFfm0870

IDFfm0870 Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Did anyone mention that aside from Priscilla Presley, Dack Rambo never kissed Merete van Kamp (Grace) either?

I noticed this rewatching the dream season a while back, and was kind of surprised as I thought they were from watching thw show during its original run.
    No kissing for Jack Ewing at all, even during the rest of the time he was on if I remember correctly.

So Priscilla was not the only one not kissing Dack. How does this fit in with everything?

2. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Grace did not reject Jack but she was killed in the end. Maybe there is another vile metaphor here ?:embarrassed:

3. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +399
    I'm sure there was def some backstage vile behavior (*cough Hagman*), although Rambo had zero chemistry with anyone.........female. Remember, the furor on Dynasty with Rock Hudson was breaking loose during this time and I am sure that Rambo was, sadly, the sacrifice lamb on the Dallas set.

4. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +429
    Yes, I've mentioned in this thread about how Jack never kissed anyone on the lips in Dallas. Why exactly this was the case is the question. Was it the actress(es), the script people, the production people, Larry Hagman, someone else? I can't believe that it's just an incredible coincidence. Jack and Grace were having a passionate relationship in the storyline, behind Angelica Nero's back.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  5. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,352
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Maybe Grace was just afraid of Angelica smelling his colony and getting jealous...and taking her hatpin! Those two were too close to being just workmates...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mazzilli

Mazzilli Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I have watched the whole series but I am very unfamiliar with the production . Seems to me if Priscilla was uncomfortable with the kissing scenes couldn't they just use a stand-in? Considering it being 1985 you would have to believe her fears were legitimate as that was the year Hudson and Liberace passed, and while I was around 15 at the time I remember it being a mania. I remember being afraid of making out myself until my hormones got the best of me.. We were being told you could catch it from saliva.

7. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,352
    I think that Priscilla had a thing for Patrick. When Bobby and Jenna were together, they were constantly kissing. However, she almost never kissed Ray before they married and didn´t kiss Jack either. Did Patrick remind her of Elvis?

:love2:

8. Mazzilli

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I dunno. I think it was the script. I think there is truth to the concept that she was afraid to kiss Jack..

9. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,352
    Still, I think Prissy was quite bossy. In her first workday, she told Katzman that there were a couple of things that "Jenna would never do", and he changed them. Have you ever been able to do that in your first workday...? Not moi.

10. Mazzilli

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Had she evan acted much at that point? They must have wanted her.. She was already a successful business woman at this point in time. She had the Elvis dust on her..

• Like Like x 1