Joan Collins Joins Cast of American Horror Story Season 8

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Alexis, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,897
    Please, no more![​IMG] Every netflix show is doing that!

2. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,407
    Are they? I'm not watching those shows?

3. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,897
    This made me think of a Roald Dahl story (Great Glass Elevator) and that made me think of an children's theme for AHS.
    Let's say, a toy factory or a theme park. Something that is supposed to be nice (but isn't). The kids playroom in "Hotel" looked fabulous, I'd like to see more of that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,897
    So, while I was hanging the laundry to dry I was thinking of a AHS Kids story, and this is the result:

It's starts with the discussion of children vs computers, and how unhealthy it can be if they don't get the exercise and real life interaction that we-the-previous-generation used to get.
    Maybe they could handle this topic on the Lana Winters Show. Audience, parents, people with opinions etc etc.
    Lo and behold, some stranger arrives in some American town and re-opens a toy factory. A beautifully curious building, all very detailed and the toys are also crème de la crème. Fabulous, gorgeous and peculiar.
    This stranger is not an evil pied piper, he really wants children to be happy but he/she also has a strange fear of unhappy and angry children, and if they can't be happy they have to die.
    Maybe because his/her brother died during or after a game, you know, gothic backstory blablabla.

The evil entity in this story is The Byte, because bytes are addictive like tobacco. So they could also deal with the issue of hypocrisy.
    The Byte wants children behind their computers and he ("it") infiltrates in the newly re-opened factory and causes the toys to behave in unexpected and dangerous ways (well, let's not do "Chucky") just things that could be explained as accidents (albeit very gruesome, it's AHS so it has to be a gorefest).

Then there's another villain who's planning a Children Big Brother which is completely irresponsible of course, but the kids love the idea since there's a chance to become famous, and then we'll have a whole parade of the most curious kids like a beauty pageant, an autistic genius, the little rich heir etc etc.
    The Byte makes sure that some of the worst and dangerous toys end up in the CBB house.

As an additional sub-plot, something must have happened shortly before the factory closed, back in in the sixties. Maybe a group of high hippies broke into the factory and there was a terrible, extremely gruesome accident with one of the machines and some of them died - eventhough there were no bodies found. Only the two survivers know what happened after that and of course they still live in that same town.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,380
    Somehow this all reminds me of something I would have seen on Nickelodeon's "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" That show used to scare me when I was little (though it didn't take much to scare me :lol:).

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +402
    God strewth, Willie! Slept solidly for a few hours, just woke up and saw this.

No joke. Right before sleeping I had been watching this: (The psychic is Gary Champion.)

And this:

Then reading up some. From that family of four, just 2 remain.

What’s more, some 15 hours before I slept, while making coffee, this song started to play in my head:

Anak” is both the Pinoy and Malay word for “child”, and the title of an international hit song in the late ‘70s. I hadn’t heard it in years.

That song kept popping up in my head over several hours.

Then I saw @James from London’s post about Joanie in the news. But didn’t click on the link to read because the phrase “made for each other” had a familiar ring to it – kept thinking that it might have been what Sable had said over and over when she had that dream episode where the necklace she was wearing appeared on Frankie.

That made me go look up Stephanie, weirdly; not the episode. And saw that baby-disposed-in-an-incinerator story. Got side-tracked posting that thread in The Colbys, (then was asking myself why I did that there/or even at all when it wasn’t a story linked to the series or to an acting appearance by Steph. Just impulse.)

Anyways, I thought that explained why Anak had been playing in my head.

But it still kept popping into my head off and on.

To the point that just before when I had intended to sleep, I decided to look it up on Youtube.

And from there I stumbled on the first psychic video; and for some weird reason decided to watch it and the second video posted here, though I don’t normally watch these kinds of videos. (The second video is the older of the two._ Didn’t return to this thread till now, fresh coffee in hand. (Now cold :()

What are we? A tag-team for the guiding illuminati in the sky?

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,897
    Aha, so I'm not the only one who remembers this song. Yes it was a big hit but not every big chart hit becomes an evergreen.
    I think it's a beautiful song (I prefer the original version, not the English translation)

• Agree Agree x 1