Jock's Will - What Would You Have Done If You Were Jock?

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Kenny Coyote, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Taylor Bennett Jr.

Taylor Bennett Jr. Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +854
    ...and what kind of look was Lucy going for here, a half-Amish ring announcer?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Like the writers did not explore Lucy more, the same with her friends.

3. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +807
    Well there was only various storylines you could do with a girl teenager.

Anyway Larry Hagman's character JR was the most popular character.

If I had been Jock I would've left Ewing Oil totally to JR Ewing with the lions share of the shares but still give lesser share acknowledgements to Bobby, Miss Ellie, Lucy, Gary & Ray, with a stipulation that Gary only had access to the interest accrued at the end of the financial year because of his drink problem.

As regards Southfork, this would be deeded totally to Miss Ellie Ewing.

The shares in Harper Mining which Jock owned would revert back to Stephanie Harper on his death. The two of them were great friends, Jock knew her Father Max Harper.

Finally I would add a specific codicil to the will that any Dallas continuation series produced by an individual with the name Cynthia Cidre, should not be allowed to produce more than three series of it. ;) :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +165

No doubt Lucy was mostly a waste. I am sure they could have come up with a decent story for her or two. I liked her in the mini series as a mini JR though.

Now as to Jock's will, I agree JR should have been given Ewing Oil, the company he was groomed to one day run since birth and where he started working since age 15. None of them had any knowledge of either Ewing Oil or the oil business. Which is why I thought the Voting Shares storyline was stupid.

JR given control of the company with Bobby, Ray, Gary (with stipulations), and Lucy without non voting shares and of course John Ross would have shares in the company with JR grooming him like he was groomed by JR.

Cyntia Cidre should not have been chosen to produce the series since she cared nothing about the show or the characters and if there is another Dallas series, hopefully she will not have any part of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1