1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Judy Murray Visits SF ranch

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Barbara Fan, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,801
    Look who has been visiting SF ranch? None other than Judy Murray, mum to Andy.

There is something very exciting about visiting SF and walking about outdoors and soaking it all up.
    (The same cant be said for the interior - its such a disappointment and bears no resemblance to Dallas TV show and its TACKY)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator EXP: 15 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,618
    Who is Andy Murray?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,494
  4. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,801
    He is a grand slam tennis champion - won US Open, Wimbeldon and Olympics

Hes Scottish, im not a fan, but his mum is lovely and has done a lot for tennis in UK and was a player herself back in the day
    Its actually SIR Andy Muray now as he was knighted by QE2

http://www.andymurray.com/

• Like Like x 1
  5. stevew

stevew Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 8 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +985
    How do we get a petition going for HGTV to do a show on remodeling the interior?

As for the outside, shouldn’t other generations of Southworth’s be there?
    Enoch Southworth
    Eleanor Southworth
    Aaron Southworth (was he an only child?)
    Barbara Southworth
    If I recall Garrisons grave was by a lake? Was he alone?
    Jock should say “In Memory”
    and Clayton should be there with Miss Ellie as he sold the Southern Cross, though maybe it could be explained he was buried with his family. Still, how do they explain the others missing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator EXP: 15 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,618
    Thank you BF. :)

Of course I know I can google someone and I often do. But since the headline was written in a way that assumed that everyone knew who this person was I wanted to make people aware of that not everyone does. I mean in today's society we have so many celebrities that it's impossible to keep up with everyone all around the globe. So who is famous to someone might be an unknown to someone else.

I guess the reason I didn't recognize his name is because I am not watching Tennis on TV. If I was into that sport I would most likely have known who he was.

On the other hand I know of other athletes that competes in other sports that I am more likely to watch such as for instance figure skating/ice dancing. So if I would write a headline saying something about Scott Moir I would know that he is a Canadian ice dancer who has won olympic gold together with Tessa Virtue. But it's not certain that everyone who posts here would know that. See the point I am trying to make?

Still it's nice that Andy Murray's mum apparently likes Dallas and has visited the ranch. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dallas Fanatic

Dallas Fanatic Soap Chat Member EXP: 1 Month

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Yes! Just like they did with the Brady Bunch house! Would be so cool!

I believe the interior was originally filmed inside another house in Dallas, and then recreated on the MGM soundstage.

I also read online today that because the sets had been torn down after the series ended, they wanted to use the other Dallas house again to film interior scenes during one of the reboot movies (War of the Ewings??). The owner wouldn't let them, but then the producers offered to make a payment to a charity, and the owners relented.

At least that is what I read online...not sure if it is true.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,702
    Well it's clear Judy Murray was a huge fan of Dallas...just look at her huge smile in the first photo. If ever I have the opportunity to visit I'd probably shed a small tear because Dallas was such a huge part of my life growing up. Being on location it would be rather surreal and emotions have a way of creeping up on you. But they would be happy tears and as a man I have no issue in displaying such...when the occasion calls for it.

9. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,702
    I'd sign. Commentators continue to bang on about The Brady House being iconic. I'd suggest Southfork enjoys a broader appeal around the world as it was the hottest series on Earth. Granted The Brady Bunch maintains relevance because somewhere around this planet an episode is screening unlike Dallas which remains permanently stashed on some shelf in the Warners Bros. vault.

The issue of course will be selecting the most appropriate set from Lorimar Dallas to mimic as the Southfork interior did change a few times. Then of course the current owners of Southfork would need to be on board.

...but I'm up for it :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Fan EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +594
    “J.R Returns” used the interiors of the Turtle Creek house, for the first time since 1979. “War of the Ewings” did not use them, so in the lone scene or two where we saw the inside of Southfork, they used the actual interiors of the ranch (and it was strange).

11. Taylor Bennett Jr.

Taylor Bennett Jr. Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,278
    I wonder if Judy remembers this scene from Julie's Return, where Pam says she and Bobby aren't ready yet to take on "Millicent Lawson". I always thought she was talking about she and Bobby taking on Tracy Austin and some guy named Mills in mixed doubles, but I just checked the closed captioning and it's Millicent - likely a local society lady who was good on the courts.

[​IMG]

There's another scene somewhere around that time where Pam's lounging in the living room reading Tennis magazine, but I don't remember which episode offhand.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  12. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +265

I would also go for a HGTV of Southfork like they did with the Brady Bunch. With most of the cast still with us I could see it. Shame we lost Larry Hagman and Ken Kercheval.