Julia never really seemed to pay for her crimes.

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by TJames03, May 26, 2018.

1. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +349
    She killed Carlo, and by default Jacqueline, the bum at the spring house, Michael, Phillip, and Linda, but had it not been for the earthquake and her blindness, she would have been back at FC like those deaths never happened (not to mention shooting Chase and her other various crimes).

• Like Like x 3
  2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    The poor woman had to live on glasses of wine - how much does she has to suffer?!

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,038
    After getting a review of her crimes in season 5 Julia got back to the convent in Oregon again, where Fr. Curtis had arranged for her to go the 1st time, in season 4. We got a totally different side to Julia while in prison during season 3 but due to some clever manoeuvring from Angela’s priest friend there was no more prison, in subsequent years.

Julia is now in prison and is behaving rather erratically. Angela pays her a visit, (a scene from season 3, 1983-’84):

Angela: “Julia, how are you darling?”

Julia: “The food is cold, the cells are hot and this place stinks to high humanity. How the hell do you think I am?”

• Like Like x 2
  4. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,289
    Julia's homicidal nature should have recurred throughout the series, with law enforcement and the courts at the mercy of her magisterially monstrous sociopathology. Kind of a feminine Hannibal Lecter. Maybe they could literally wheel Julia out onto a tarmac someplace, and Diane Baker could slap her across the face or something.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,889
    I've never really understood the point of her return or how it enhanced the story.

6. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +349
    It never really did, though the writer's did try. She returned numerous times, but it just didn't work and they couldn't top Season 03.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  7. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    Instead of that lame Murder, She Wrote plot on Dallas, maybe they should've done that with Julia as the serial killer?

8. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,289
    As some of you know, I want a series of Spontaneous Human Combustion incidents to occur beginning with Kim Novak blowing up in her plane upon exiting Tuscany Valley, and we learn over time that Falcon Crest's chardonnay has been tainted by nuclear waste buried under the winery by Jacqueline seeping into the stock.

Turns out that that was the main reason Jacqueline was so intent on getting Chase to leave. And, during the course of S7, it becomes clear that the women of Angela's vineyard have all developed brain tumors as a result, affecting their behavior -- Julia, Emma, Melissa (who thinks her baby was sired by an alien), and even Maggie back in Season 3.

Angela, of course, remains immune. But Emma and Julia could both have brain surgery to remove the tumors, while Melissa steadfastly refuses.

S7 was the year my own brain decided should end with that giant bird attack on the family while dining outside a valley bistro at dusk.

I'm serious. I'd do all of it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,889
    And it also happened too soon.
    She could have been a mystery serial killer in season 9, starting with Apollo, then Maggie, Angela, everyone except Lance.
    We only see the character in the shadows, wearing a nun outfit - but then in the final scene it turns out that it wasn't Julia at all (but she would be part of the story anyway, because we think it's Julia).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,289
    Lana Turner?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,889
    Nope!

[​IMG]

12. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +402
    Christopher?

13. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +402
    Motive: Mummy's repressed feelings of guilt, jealousy & rage bleed into his psyche, making for one very sick padre.

14. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,889
    He has access to nun habits, so that could be a clue. A misleading clue of course, otherwise it wouldn't be an exciting whodunit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,038
    IMHO season 9 suffered severely from the lack of original characters throughout the entire season, only Richard and Lance were there for all of the last year. Chao-Li wasn’t seen that much, after Angela went into her coma and Emma left after the court case about FC. Vicki, Julia and Cole were from the core group of characters who were still alive and could’ve featured. Chase was presumed drowned in the San Francisco bay. If I could have chosen one of the other originals to have been in the final season it would have been Julia.

Her appearance in season 4 to Emma was a shocker, after the intention to scatter her presumed ashes in Italy. Having Julia locked up at the hands of the cartel furthered their plot and she had to be around in season 5, when Fr. Christopher was revealed as her son. The eventual exit of the character in season 6 was low key but in keeping with the calm and peaceful persona she had shown, from the death and burial of the cartel mid season 4.

Fr. Chris goes to the convent to meet his mother Julia, for the first time. Angela is also there, (a scene from season 5, 1985 – ’86):

Julia: “Hello son!”

They hug and then go round the grounds.

Fr. Chris: “Well my life was fine. At least I think it was up until a couple of weeks ago. I really didn’t have much to compare it to and now all of a sudden things are very confusing. When I was ordained I thought I had all the answers. Now that seems like a lifetime ago.”

Julia: “Well we all get confused but now you have a family to help you through those difficult times.”

Fr. Chris: “Mother! When I was a child I dreamed of being able to call somebody that. Mother have you ever doubted your faith?”

Julia: “Yes many times. Now my faith is my sanctuary.”

The bell rings.

Julia: “Would you like to join us in prayer?”

Fr. Chris: “I would like that very much.”

• Like Like x 2
  16. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Julia as the homicidal maniac could only have lasted so long, even if she was popping up now and again. A few appearances from her in the season of Sharpe would have worked though I.e. the numbers maestro beware of the nun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1