Just finished re-watching Dallas TNT

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by jeffewing, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    Switching them around is only marginally less so, IMO, but I agree they should have made a choice and stuck with it.
    I still think the most natural and potentially most interesting conflict would be between Christopher and Lucas with Bobby torn between them. First play out the rivalry between Christopher and John Ross them have them forced to join forces against someone they would both see as an interloper. Or would Lucas divide and conquer?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,039
    I like the idea. Given that we left the family back in 1998 Lucas was 11 years of age. Anything could have happened between then and 2012 and Lucas would have been 25 years of age when the Ewing family return to our small screens. Perhaps Lucas had returned to Southfork as a teenage tearaway. Made an attempt to understand why his father just casually gave up on him. Perhaps it got to the point where Bobby had to make a decision and sent Lucas back to Europe and Ray and Jenna.

In TNT Dallas I wanted more Ewings, not less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tommie

tommie Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,413
    To be fair - he wasn't. He was obviously conflicted about his identity, which is what JR also was in regards to Jock on the original Dallas. They could've done a better job portraying it, but it was there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Snarky's Ghost
    Sleepy

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +3,918
    Yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +309
    I actually think Jesse could have pulled off the self absorbed, womanizing, frat boy very well. He wouldn’t have been JR but he could have been very evil in his own way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Recently someone I know who stopped midway in season 1 said they should have turned it off when they saw what had happened to the house. But that aside, they agreed when I told them Jacobs wanted Christoper as the bad guy out to prove himself and John Ross more like Bobby or more like Jock. In discussing it here’s what we came up with:

Background, before we start, between the movies (no reason to discard) and Dallas TNT:

JR merged Ewing Oil and West Star and remarried Sue Ellen. Ewing Oil becomes a public company and JR a multi billionaire with Bobby and Sue Ellen as minor share holders. They went off and traveled the world.

Bobby stayed back and ran the ranch, but as it turns out Miss Ellie only gave him the business and the land, the house she left to John Ross on her death (the mineral rights remain in question). The rest of her estate was divided evenly between her (recognized) grandchildren.

Clayton’s estate (including West Starvshares which are now Ewing Oil shares) was left to create the Ewing Farlow Foundation, overseen by Sue Ellen.

John Ross also inherited CyberByte without having to wait for JR’s death, through a court order and used it to create an investment company, Ewing Industries, which bought 1/2 of the cattle business from Bobby with the option to buy the other half when Bobby dies. John Ross and Bobby run Southfork together.

John Ross married Pamela Barnes which pissed off JR and Cliff but thrilled Bobby. Bobby and his new wife moved into the cottage on the property and John Ross and Pamela moved into the big house to raise a family.

Pamela runs Ewing Industries. She also is at odds with her father and his business, BarnesWentworth, a conglomerate of Rebecca Wentworth, one of many company’s she owned and all that is left. Cliff believes the Ewing’s are conning his daughter when the truth is she’s conning them. Though she falls in love with John Ross and gets pregnant, and he agrees to stay with her but their problems have already ended their marriage, or has it?

Christopher gets the court to agree Southfork’s mineral rights were left to Miss Ellie’s Grandchildren with everything else and were not part of the land as Bobby contested. Christopher gets Cally’s son and Besty and Bobby II to agree with him to drill. Bobby and John Ross are furious.

Scene one: Christopher and Elena drill for oil. Elena is Teresa’s niece. Bobby and John Ross confront them.

Scene two: JR and Sue Ellen move into Southfork in expectation of the birth of their first grandson.

Scene three: Christopher is in cahoots with Ryland and Cliff to form a new energy company, the BER Corporation. With Ryland Shipping, Wentworth Tool and Die and Southfork’s oil they are in business.

Scene four: Chris and JR conspire to sell Ryland Shipping, Wentworth Tool and Die and Southfork’s oil to Ewing Oil and put Chris on the board of Ewing Oil.

Scene five: Christopher and Pamela are in cahoots also to get Ewing Industries a piece of Ewing Oil by selling it HarwoodLee, a company Pamela bought. Both of these deals will give Pamela and Chris enough shares, along with blackmailed board members to take control of Ewing Oil.

Anyway - just some ideas we messed with. Of course if John Ross brings Lucas to Dallas as one of Miss Ellie’s Grandchildren they could stop the drilling on Southfork.

7. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,039
    Are we talking about the interior of TNT Southfork? It did divide a lot of viewers. I personally didn't like - at all. Like the series the interior of Southfork was disjointed. I found myself confused. The set designers couln't help themselves and gutted the interior of Southfork and remodeled it, throwing the balance off. Why couldn't they just leave the floor plan as it was but with modern finishes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Exactly what my friend said. If they wanted a bigger kitchen, than make it look like they opened a wall to the back room, or other such changes - but make it make sense with the original. My friend called it a big bright sign that said “This is NOT Dallas.”

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017