Just like the first time… it's the Steps thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mel O'Drama, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,191
    Oh yes. I completely understand that, and to say it's not my favourite Steps album is understating it. A lot of fans may hate it, but I dare say there are one of two for whom it's a favourite. With the choices and votes being so comprehensive as to include b-sides and international bonus tracks I'd have been curious to see where (if anywhere) the LUTW tracks would have appeared among them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,884
    I think they also mentioned that part of the reason was that it just felt wrong rating a "Christmas" Album in the Spring.

3. Mel O'Drama

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,191
    Yes. That does make sense. It would probably have been rated even more harshly when we're still reeling from The Beast From The East.

I wonder if Summer Of Love would have done so well if it had been held during November or January.

4. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,884
    So I had an email from Music Glue saying that as they have fulfilled their orders of the Tears On The Dance Floor Live DVD's and bundles that they are closing the store. It also informed me that my DVD will be dispatched soon. However it then goes on to say that the regular DVD will be available from other retailers too. I have since found out that yes it is available at other retailers, and it's bloody cheaper and you get more than what Music Glue has offered.

I'm really annoyed at this, I paid for my copy back in November last year and they took the money from my account back then. It was supposed to released in May, but then they pushed it back to June. I paid only £15 for the DVD, not one of the bundles, as I already have the album on multiple CD's and downloads. However now, if you get it on Amazon you can get it for less with the Wembley Live CD included.

I think they have been very misleading to fans. Fans thought they were getting something special and exclusive and thought ordering from them that it would be theirs sooner. Not the case at all. I doubt anyone will get it on release day, but those with Amazon Prime will.

Screwed over once again, and again not by the group themselves but by people working for them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    That really sucks. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mel O'Drama

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,191
    Sorry to hear this, Alexis.

This reminds me of a similar issue back in 2012 with Concert Live, who handled the CD release of a number of Steps concerts. Shoddy communications. Items arriving weeks after they were meant to - that kind of thing. As well as the later en masse official live release which was far cheaper and took away the exclusivity of the items we'd overpaid for.

Of course, that was par for the course then. Just part of the clunky "charm" of LUTW-era Steps. At least that could be blamed on business inexperience. It's disappointing to see that fans are still getting short-changed for investing in their live material in their Tears era where it feels like yet more cynical marketing to squeeze every last penny from fans.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 6)