Justin Bieber walks off stage in Manchester

Discussion in 'Celebrity Scuttlebutt' started by Sarah, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,272
    Medals:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...anchester-after-asking-fans-to-stop-screaming

Justin Bieber has walked off stage in Manchester after asking fans to stop screaming in the gaps between songs.

During the last of three shows in the city as part of his Purpose world tour the singer said: "I appreciate all the support, I appreciate love I appreciate the kind things.

"But the screaming in these breaks has got to stop. Please and thank you.

"I don't think it's necessary when I'm trying to say something and you guys are screaming."

When the crowd didn't go quiet he dropped his microphone and left the stage, with some fans booing as he walked away.

The 22-year-old later came back out to continue his set and explain why he'd stormed off.

"I feel like I wanna connect with you.

"The point of the no screaming thing is that when I'm looking at you in the eyes you know that we're actually having a moment and having a connection."

2. Don Howard

Don Howard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Untalented ungrateful conceited piece of garbage with a false sense of entitlement.
    I hope all the people he walked out on got their money back.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,847
    Wifey & Teen Ome were there last night and said it was a brilliant show, he preformed and danced all through, with great visuals and top vocals.

He spoke with the crowd a numerous times asking them to stop screaming when he was speaking to them. They didn't and he through his mic down and walked off. He came back on and said that he would perform the rest of his set, however he mentioned he wouldn't talk about his songs because it became clear to him the crowd just wanted to hear his music.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,847
    Just because you don't like a particular sound doesn't mean the creator is without talent..

They didn't need to, he came back on and finished his set, which you would have known had you read the article.

Personally I can't abide all this screaming and I would have stopped talking if people kept screaming.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,208
    Medals:
    I wish he would record a song that I like, so I can finally rate him as a singer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,272
    Medals:
    I do think it's unrealistic to expect a crowd at a concert to stop screaming.

7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,847
    According to Wifey, this crowd was the most wild she had ever experienced.

I've been to some concerts where the screaming has been so bad you can't hear the bloody act.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Don Howard

Don Howard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +358
    I did read the article, girlie. For dissing the crowd, I stand by my remark. Next time ask if I read the whole thing before belching out your accusations.

9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,847
    Is it too late for him to say sorry?

10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,847
    Then you will have known that he finished his set and no refund would be required.

Less of the insults or you will find your stay on here limited.

That doesn't require a refund though does it?

Next time try and explain yourself better, you said
    Which implies he walked off and didn't finish his set.

How do you know the walking off wasn't part of the act?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,208
    Medals:
    But does he sound like Justin Bieber? To me it sounds like...well, any other current young singer.
    I'm not saying he can't sing but there's nothing that makes him better than the rest, and maybe a real good song could change that.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,847
    Does he have to be better than the rest? I thought it was all about taste with music, either you like someone's vocals or you don't.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,272
    Medals:
    I reiterate. It's Justin Bieber, not Pavarotti (or Michael Bolton yum)

14. Ms. Paige

Ms. Paige Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    Not everyone has the same taste in music and that is what I find so great about it...there is something out there for everyone.

I just love hearing that Wifey and Teen Ome went to see him together. Teen Ome sure is growing up with a very eclectic taste in music...from the Killers to Justin.

How many concerts has Teen Ome been to now @Ome?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,847
    I don't understand your comment. Pavarotti is a totally different genre?

I'd have to list them all, but I think it's somewhere between 50 & 60

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,272
    Medals:
    I was trying to be kind given that Mrs Ome and Teen Ome were at it. Justin Bieber's fans are always gonna scream. Telling them not to scream is like asking a jumbo jet not to make noise when taking off.

17. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,235
    Medals:
    The screaming thing at concerts is very annoying but I think it just happens more with the kind of heart throb acts like Justin/One Direction and that kind of thing. It's all those packs of teenage girls...

18. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,208
    Medals:
    I didn't mean better than everyone else, just better than the thousands of other young singers from the Pop Idols era who sound just like him.
    I've just listened to his song "Company" and literally 5 seconds later I've already forgotten what it sounds like.
    Who will be able to sing or hum those kind "songs", 20 or 40 years from now?

JB is a star for being a star, a social media hype who continued to be successful and that's perfectly fine with me. After all, if it wasn't him it would have been somebody else.
    But can you honestly say that he's a megastar for being a very talented musician, or at least a singer with a very unique voice?
    Or at least someone who released hitsong after hitsong?

Do people really think of him as the new Freddie Mercury or Sting?

I'd say he's a more famous version of Leif Garrett, but at least Garrett had an evergreen hit with I was made for dancin'.

What's Justin Bieber's excuse?

19. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,847
    Again, isn't this down to taste?

Growing up, all the girls loved Wham! Duran Duran, Adam Ant, it didn't matter what they released, the fans loved them.

None of these are having hits anymore, so does that mean they are no longer good?

I'm pretty confident millions of Bieber fans will know his music in 20 or 40 years, just like the fans of Duran Duran, Wham! & Adam Ant fans still know their lyrics 30 years later.

He's not to my taste, though I was impressed with his latest album. He's not someone I would actively seek out, so I can't give you a complete answer.

I can say that Wifey wasn't happy about going to see him and while they were in the crowd she was texting me, saying she wished it was over already, and called him a real diva when the big screen announced that he takes a 20 interval half-way through his show. She went on to say that she's never known a concert where the main act takes a break.

She came back and told me that he was incredibly impressive, his dancing and vocals were spot on. She also said that she totally understood why he takes an interval because he put so much work into the whole performance, even playing musical instruments.

But he is releasing hitsong after hitsong. :confuse:

In the last year he has had 3 number one hits, at one point his songs were in the number one, number two and number 3 position. He's had 36 top 40 hits in the UK in 7 years, selling estimated 100 million records.

He has spent 101 weeks in the top ten and 283 weeks in the top 40. I'm not sure what else one could ask for.

You mentioned that you are not familiar with his music, so maybe that's clouding your judgement.

I can't answer that, he's only been around for 7 years. It took me longer than 7 years to appreciate both Freddy Mercury & Sting.

I can say that I probably would never think of Bieber in the same way I think of Mercury, but that's down to my personal taste.

Excuse for what?

20. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,847
    I think you're missing the point.

Bieber loved and encouraged the screaming when he came on stage. He appeared to love the screaming most of the time, however when he wanted to communicate with the crowd he kept asking them to stop screaming, but this just made the crowd scream more and that's when he dropped his mike and walked off. When he returned he mentioned something about why he walked off and conceded that he would keep the talking down to a minimum and just perform his songs, saying that's what he thought the crowd wanted.

LOL

You don't have to try and be kind, I can take it lol

I just failed to understand what your post was here, however I follow you now, you were saying it's Bieber, so they would scream.