Katherine's death.......

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by TJames03, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +837
    Medals:
    I don't know what the point was he was trying to make. He used it in the context of the bar fights on Dallas, and how that didn't go on in the new Dallas. I took it as him taking a swipe at the macho aspect of the original Dallas.

2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,979
    Medals:
    I just think that's his personality though - the thing he's doing right now is the best thing ever blah blah blah and then hindsight kicks in after a few years.

It's also probably an easier attitude to have on talk shows when selling the show, instead of trying to walk any sort of fine line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,084
    It seems to me that he just didn't know what he was talking about. He really used that particular word? Swashbuckling? It's an odd way to describe the men on Dallas.

If he really said that I'd be tempted to ask him how he felt when the ratings on Dallas went down after he made his return.

A wise man doesn't feel the need to try to discredit or cheapen his earlier success in an effort to try to make his current work look impressive.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,911
    Tell that to Brad Pitt. I'm sure I heard or read in one of his early interviews - probably after the success of Thelma and Louise - when he was reminded of his time on Dallas. His response was unkind as though appearing on Dallas was going to hurt his future film career. I've never liked the actor or his films. One of the most excruciating films I've ever had the misfortune of sitting through was Meet Joe Black. There's 181 minutes of my life gone. I cannot stand actors attempts at whitewashing their early careers.

Julia Roberts on the other hand takes great delight in telling the story on how she missed out on a role in a daytime soap. I think I have that story correct. I wish more actors would take ownership of their dud movie choices as well as celebrate their successes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,911
    And that is the most unfortunate scenario us Dallas fans are left with. 40 years of investment and I'm left with Christopher's ashes, Katherine is dead, JR now has a daughter and there could - or not - be another Ewing, depending on the unlucky soul who impregnated Elena Ramos.

:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +687
    Medals:
    I remember PD kissing Cidre’s ass when the original forum was up and wasn’t surprised. That’s just the person he is. And Gray saying that everything in the scripts was “Delicious.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +837
    Medals:
    Yes, he used that term on a show called "Dallas Roundup." I believe it only aired during the first season on TNT, and it was made up of a panel of actors and writers from the show.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  8. Steven Wayne

Steven Wayne Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Linda Gray did criticise the producers for not giving Sue Ellen enough screentime in Season One; she made it quite clear that she didn’t like not even appearing in two episodes. Well, that certainly changed afterwards...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +837
    Medals:
    That's right, I had forgotten about that. I remember fans also complained at the time about her lack of screen time.

Cidre also said that she was originally going to have Sue Ellen win the governor's race. However, she changed her mind when she realized Sue Ellen would have to live in Austin. :rolleyes:

10. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,911
    Let me guess. Someone had forgotten to do their research?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. juschill

juschill Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Well, if they can say that the two movies were not canon then the TNT series can be made not canon as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,911
    If I was given the opportunity and could string a few good scripts together I would create a continuation of Dallas acknowledging TNT Dallas. I'd weed out the good and bad and get on with it. TNT Dallas ended 5 years ago so creating a continuation wouldn't be too much of a drama without getting hung up about it. Moving the story forward while acknowledging the past creates a connection which was seriously lacking in TNT Dallas.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2