Ken Kercheval Has Died - Now Confirmed 21/04/19

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by garry, Apr 23, 2019.

1. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +207

Yes Cliff did lose his moral compass fighting the Ewings. I hoped that he would get it near the end of the series. I was unhappy when he lost that election.

On Dallas TNT, they destroyed Cliff Barnes and made him pure evil. Nothing about his behavior made much sense. The Barnes-Ewing Feud was over and they moved on with their lives. Not only that, they made Cliff a monster on the show.

Blowing up a platform with people standing on it is bad enough but with your pregnant daughter standing on it is evil. Worst, he disappears like a coward after she loses her twins and when he finally shows up he says to her, "You have to forgive me.".

It was a waste of a great character. But Ken Kercheval played him well just the same.

RIP

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    I was hoping this wasn't true.

Sadly, however it turned out to be true & we have lost our very dear friend Ken Kercheval. Wasn't he great as JR's nemesis Cliff Barnes? I have very fond memories of him playing Cliff in the original hit series. Didn't much like what the writers did to Cliff in the Cyntax Dallas, as has been touched on by others. Ken was just as much important to the show as Larry & Victoria were because his character very much continued the Barnes Ewing feud which was the corner stone of the show's storylines. Rest In Peace, you will never be forgotten.

ken2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ray_Krebbs

Ray_Krebbs Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +182
    My condolences to a great, memorable actor.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  4. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,333
    Medals:
    I totally agree with @James from London. As much as we would like it to be, it really isn't our business. Patrick, from experience, is very private. I'm the same with anything happening to my relatives. No one should feel pressured to talk, just for our sake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +8,969
    Medals:
    I don't think Patrick will say anything about Ken. He has now posted on his twitter and it's on a completely different topic.

Anyway for those of you who hasn't seen Leigh McCloskey's heartfelt post about Ken here it is:

D5CG-9hX4AEM6wB.jpg large.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
  6. southfork88

southfork88 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    Bravo Leigh, and bravi to Victoria, Audrey, Sheree ... and Linda (even she used a bit formal words).

In my opinion Ken, despite he participated in several reunions with Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray, continued to be less close with them, just as Victoria Principal and Barbara Bel Geddes, both personality very similar to him.

7. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,333
    Medals:
    @southfork88 Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why did you single out Linda? She was the first to post and it wasn't formal, it was very touching. He was I believe closest to Barbara when they worked together. Apologies if it is a language barrier that is making me read your post differently.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +8,969
    Medals:
    Deborah Tranelli has also written about Ken. Her statement can be found on Ultimate Dallas twitter:

D5VO1BmWsAMazHg.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. southfork88

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0283.jpg Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0302.jpg Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0296.jpg Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0277.jpg Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0279.jpg Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0285.jpg Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0842.jpg Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 1038.jpg Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 1008.jpg Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0525.jpg Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0530.jpg Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0537.jpg

Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0069.jpg

Ken Kercheval ... The man of a thousand faces.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. southfork88

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    A cap in the kitchen ... for you Sanda

Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0801.jpg Dallas-351-S14xE17--When The Wind Blows--March 29, 1991 0802.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Herofan

Herofan Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I have yet to see this reported on the news or any websites I see. That’s odd, because websites like MSN will even report obscure people like country singers who had a hit in 1950. Has it officially been reported in the usual places and I just missed it?

12. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +753
    Medals:
    Guys, these people don't have to have their noses up each other's "sses 24/7. The oddballs are and were Hagman, Gray, and Duffy, no one else. Everyone else knew it was just a job, not a fraternity.....

13. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,333
    Medals:
    It was reported on BBC News, RTE (Ireland) and @Karin Schill told me she saw it on the Swedish news.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    This came for me today.

ken5.jpg

It's a 8 x 10" photograph with an authentic signature verified by the seller. A certificate of authenticity is included.

I don't care if it's dedicated to William, as my name is David. I just wanted something to remember him by with his autograph on. I started crying just looking at it. Ken is in his prime as Cliff Barnes. The image is obviously from around 1978 when Dallas as a TV series first started. On seeing that this photo was offically authorised by Lorimar Television, I couldn't stop crying. Lorimar Television as we know was absorbed into Warner Bros. & no longer exists.

Rest in Peace Ken Kercheval. Rest In Peace Lorimar Television, the true Producers of Dallas. :(

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    He could at least acknowledge Ken Kercheval in his tweets for goodness sake! Anyone with an ounce of decency would do so! :(

Whilst I don't like the attitude Patrick seems to foster against Victoria Principal just because she was a success after Dallas. He needs to get a life.

Sorry Patrick Duffy but if you can't be arsed saying anything about Ken Kercheval, then you're clearly not the man I thought you were.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Actor
    Ratings:
    +5,088
    Medals:
    I'm not really comfortable saying anything personal or intimate on social media. The idea of pouring my heart out next to a video of a dancing kitten -- well, it's a queasy combination.

The idea that one is obligated to express condolences or whatnot on the internet kind of takes the sincerity out of it. "I'm doing this because what will people think if I don't?" rather than "I feel genuinely moved to post this."

Maybe he has one, and Twitter doesn't play a large part in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    Maybe you're right, but shame on him for at least not saying something about Ken Kercheval. :(

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,448
    Medals:
    I do find it strange that he hasnt made comment as he was quick on the band wagon with Larry, Barbara etc and was quick to plug TNT etc
    Have to be honest Im not a fan of Twitter at all but have an account and dip in and out to see whats what and he has posted stuff after Kens death.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    Maybe Patrick Duffy thinks he was more important than Cliff Barnes.

Because he wasn't. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. southfork88

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    [​IMG]

Josh Henderson
    25 aprile alle ore 05:10 ·
    Lost another great one that I had the honor of working with. Ken Kercheval was a legend from the Original Dallas and luckily for us he Returned to the new Dallas. Twas an honor Ken. RIP my friend. Hope you and Larry Hagman are having a drink and a laugh smiling down us!

• Thanks Thanks x 1